Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    First of all, we would like to thank everyone that purchased Shortcut Launcher V1.0.2. We hope the App met your expectations and improved your TouchPad experience. You're going to really enjoy what we've done in this version.

And now for those of you that don't already have Shortcut Launcher, you probably have a launcher tab that looks like this, or close to it:

If you go to the HP Apps Catalog and download Shortcut Launcher now, within minutes you can have that launcher tab look like this:

The App is very easy to use. All you do is pick the type of shortcut you want, choose any image file you want to be the launcher icon, including photos, or icons you get from the internet or our website, enter the URL, dial string, email address or file name, and then name the shortcut. This version even displays what the shortcut will look like in a preview window as you go. Here's a screen shot showing how easy it is:

So if you're tired of the nondescript "save to launcher" button that the browser creates and you want to create your own "App for That", go to the HP Catalog and download Shortcut Launcher today!

We always appreciate your feedback and ideas, so please post your reviews on the catalog and here on Pre-Central.

New in V1.0.3:
    1. Faster loading
    2. Ability to create Quick Office document shortcuts (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
    3. Ability to create Adobe Reader document shortcuts (PDF)
    4. Improved user interface
    5. Implemented better controls to ready for Pre(x) series release coming
    6. Improved handling of Google Voice dial strings
    7. Corrected loss of icons and images used for shortcuts when user deletes image from device
    8. Display of image choice on user panel prior to making shortcut (visual cue)
    9. Improved feedback of shortcut creation using banner
    10. Ability to create Advanced Browser shortcuts

1.0.2 Features
    1. Creation of website shortcuts
    2. Creation of one-button-push dialer shortcuts to paired phones (including Google Voice, or work voicemail call-in dialing)
    3. Creation of one button email shortcuts to specific person or addressee(s)
    4. Creation of flash game or flash file shortcuts
    Last edited by twack; 11/22/2011 at 05:26 AM.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    We would really love to see some of the ways you are using the Shortcut Launcher App. Post your best, most used, and or craziest shortcuts you've created (abiding by the forum rules of course). Or, just tell us how many you've made.

By the way, we've already begun work on version 1.0.4
    Some of the improvements already in work:

1. Creation of SMS Shortcuts (SMS Speed Dial)
    2. Prenaming aid for game/file shortcuts by file choice
    3. Tweaks in user interface
    4. Creation of shortcuts for other 3rd party applications (to be named later)
    5. And more .....

If there is a shortcut type you would like to see added to Shortcut Launcher, please post you ideas here. If your idea gets implemented, we'll do our darndest to get you a free copy of Shortcut Launcher when that version releases to the catalog.
    TWack

I have been using this to add a bunch of flash games to the TP. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-games-tp.html

Also basic web shortcuts.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    I have been using this to add a bunch of flash games to the TP. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-games-tp.html

Also basic web shortcuts.
    Screen shot of all the games would be cool

Also, You do not need to create a html wrapper for your games if you're using Shortcut Launcher. You can create the shortcut for the game by picking the SWF file directly.

Here's a link to our tutorial to create flash game shortcuts:

HTH,
    Last edited by twack; 11/22/2011 at 09:19 AM.
    TWack

Made links to my favorite children's websites. For my daughter of course
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Pre-release test participants, promo codes are coming your way in a few minutes. Again, thanks for your help!
    TWack

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    Made links to my favorite children's websites. For my daughter of course
    Could you share what site shortcuts you created? There are a lot of parents here that are looking for that kind of info.

Thanks,
    TWack

Could you create a wrapper to prevent the flash from becoming unlocked by a two finger touch?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Could you create a wrapper to prevent the flash from becoming unlocked by a two finger touch?
    Do you mean after you've launched the swf file in a browser and gone to full screen? Please explain with a bit more detail.

Thanks in advance,
    TWack

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I made shortcuts to various Google pages: Plus, Voice, Account, Docs

Also, a few business related flash video files for on the spot demonstration of a service. Also took advantage of the Craigslist folder icon and created a link to it.

I wish Smart Office would cooperate, Quick office is not near as good, for links to office files.

Easily one of my top used apps.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Do you mean after you've launched the swf file in a browser and gone to full screen? Please explain with a bit more detail.

Thanks in advance,
    Yes. Launched the swf in browser. You can triple tap it and it will go full screen and lock in frame. But if you happen to have two fingers on the screen it will unlock to give the ability to zoom. With the lack of quality children apps I have turned to flash games. However my 3 yr old is having trouble only using one finger. Then she unlocks if from the screen and it moves around.

I know it is beyond this app just wondering if you had the ability.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Yes. Launched the swf in browser. You can triple tap it and it will go full screen and lock in frame. But if you happen to have two fingers on the screen it will unlock to give the ability to zoom. With the lack of quality children apps I have turned to flash games. However my 3 yr old is having trouble only using one finger. Then she unlocks if from the screen and it moves around.

I know it is beyond this app just wondering if you had the ability.
    You are right. It is actually the browser that has the issue. I do have some ideas that may be able to fix it. I'll be looking into it as time permits.

HTH,
    TWack