Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Below is an Email I will be sending to Pandora to request an update for the TouchPad. I am no expert in literary prose, so I humbly request suggestions.
    ---------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

I would like to use this email to inform the Pandora team that there is a tremendous desire for an upgrade of the current webOS Pandora product. HP TouchPad users have been waiting for months to use a true tablet version of Pandora which is evident in numerous forum and blog posts. We would love a Pandora that takes advantage of the real-estate and functionality that the TouchPad tablet has to offer. The current version is usable, but causes undesired side-effects. The worst being; if the tablet is docked in landscape orientation (most often method to dock) any exhibition app is turned on its side (displayed as portrait orientation) if Pandora had the window focus prior to the tablet going into exhibition (sleep) mode. In essence, Pandora is impacting the functionality of other Apps.

There are several hundred thousand TouchPad users that would surely appreciate the upgrade which I'm sure will help drive new and follow-on sales. I myself have been a Pandora-One subscriber for several years now and love the product and use it daily.

We know you share our passion for music and our desire to have a Pandora App for the TouchPad that reflects that passion. As such, we respectfully request that you consider our request.

Sincerely,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Below is an Email I will be sending to Pandora to request an update for the TouchPad. I am no expert in literary prose, so I humbly request suggestions.
    ---------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

I would like to use this email to inform the Pandora team that there is a tremendous desire for an upgrade of the current webOS Pandora product. HP TouchPad users have been waiting for months to use a true tablet version of Pandora which is evident in numerous forum and blog posts. We would love a Pandora that takes advantage of the real-estate and functionality that the TouchPad tablet has to offer. The current version is usable, but causes undesired side-effects. The worst being; if the tablet is docked in landscape orientation (most often method to dock) any exhibition app is turned on its side (displayed as portrait orientation) if Pandora had the window focus prior to the tablet going into exhibition (sleep) mode. In essence, Pandora is impacting the functionality of other Apps.

There are several hundred thousand TouchPad users that would surely appreciate the upgrade which I'm sure will help drive new and follow-on sales. I myself have been a Pandora-One subscriber for several years now and love the product and use it daily.

We know you share our passion for music and our desire to have a Pandora App for the TouchPad that reflects that passion. As such, we respectfully request that you consider our request.

Sincerely,
    Twak, I certainly don't see anything wrong with your version. It makes your wishes known in a manner that can not be misconstrued. I believe you should send it as is.

Also, you could create a dual boot system and install Android. It has a very good Pandora app. Here is a link to the guide that I used to setup up the dual boot:

It worked just as shown.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

• As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Twack, thank you for doing this for us.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Twack, thank you for doing this for us.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    No problem. Wish I could get more feedback from the group here.

TIA,
    TWack

NOOOO... don't.... did you know we don't get any commercials on our palm pre pandora app?? I'm afraid if you ask that they update the HP pandora app, then they will fix that and our little secret will be gone.... (Dear Lord.. don't let any pandora people see this message :-)....
    it's an excellent and well worded letter, but I don't know how much effect it'll have.

are you going to tell them about that thing you worked on that we're not talking about? or is that a different letter?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    what not thing, we not talking about? ;-)

prolly not
    sounds good to me.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    OK Folks, I'm bumping this one last time to allow for input. I will send the email tomorrow to the director of business relations.

Thanks for the help,
    TWack

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Letter went out. Let's see what, if any, response we get. I signed all of your names to it. <kidding>
    TWack

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    what not thing, we not talking about? ;-)

prolly not
    You should send it to them. Don't let that other guy scare you off (you know the one I mean, from the thread that got deleted about the thing we're not talking about). I'm not saying he's completely wrong, but I think he is being just a little too ticky-tack about it. (@the guy I'm talking about, this isn't an invitation to begin a big debate here, I hereby agree to disagree with you about this)
    Thanks tor stepping up to the plate.
    After emailing Pandora support got a response that goes like so;

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, that device is not yet supported. Due to the interactive nature of Pandora, we do not stream audio using playlist files like many other online radio/shoutcast streams. As a result, it doesn't work without some additional development on the part of the hardware manufacturer.

We are working hard to make Pandora available everywhere, so stay tuned! *
    Kindest regards,

Jeff | PANDORA® internet radio
    Need help? Pandora | Help
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    yeah, I emailed them after they won palms hundred grand promo for free app and got the same email a couple years ago. They woyldnt even update the app. They have no interests in webos. They never updated the phone app.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    At least you got a response. All I've gotten is silence. I think we'll see a patch soon.
    TWack

Yeah I'm a little confused by just what capability they think we're missing. Their phone app works fine, their HTML 5 site works fine.. their old flash site worked fine...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    twack, I also emailed Pandora devs, and pretty much was told the same.

Now being that I'm also a "LastFM" member for many years just like "Pandora", and just last night In the app list it's now provided as "FREE"!

I really like "Pandora" too, but if their not going to update the app anytime soon, I have no choice to use the other……sorry.

And "LastFM" is way better in my opinion with scrobbling and all.

Just my opinion, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjj11 View Post
    NOOOO... don't.... did you know we don't get any commercials on our palm pre pandora app?? I'm afraid if you ask that they update the HP pandora app, then they will fix that and our little secret will be gone.... (Dear Lord.. don't let any pandora people see this message :-)....
    It's a secret to everybody!

Yes, this would be a concern of mine. There is a post in the forums that gives a partial fix to stretching the app & fitting the screen. It's not simple enough that everyday users would implement it, but if there was a way to enact it as a patch, that would be even better. Unfortunately, I think there are certain restrictions on that type of patching & linking to patches like that. What do I know though, hah.

Huge fan of no ads though & if they ever took away the notification bar controls, I'd cry.

Still, a fine letter, and I'd be appreciative if it worked in our favor.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    How hard would it be to take the code from their website and implement it as an app? And maybe borrow the notification bar controls from the original app?

Honest question, I've only begun to play around with this sort of thing myself. But it seems like there is a lot of existing code that can be repurposed....
    Honestly I canceled my Pandora subscription over lack of a Touchpad app, now I subscribe to Last.fm. Both are the same price at $3.00 per month, plus Last.fm actually updates their Touchpad app, the last update was 2 days ago, and they have an app for my Moto Droid and for my Xbox 360. Now with one subscription I can listen on 3 devices, my TV, phone and tablet!

Who needs Pandora anymore? Not me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast