Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody already tried the HP Maps Update 2011-11-16 v3.1.32 in the 2.1 AppCatalog?
    Is all running normal after that one, anybody a guinea pig?
  2. #2  
    Wee, didn't notice that update. In fact, I ran the system update app, only to see the usual "your phone is up to date" message. After closing it and a while, a notification icon appeared in the bottom right corner, which offered me the update. I'm on 2.2.0 in my unlocked GSM Pre 3.

    I fail to see anything new, it still has the same minuscle useless menus. Everything seems to work fine, though. It took a while to start up, but that's because my location isn't available right now: I've diseabled Google in location service preferences, as I'd rather have pure GPS data only, when available.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  3. #4  
    It's faster.... wayyyyy faster IMO
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It's faster.... wayyyyy faster IMO
    Faster in what way(s)?

    Startup? Seems the same to me
    Lock in on location? This might be better, although it is probably picking up my wifi at my office.
    Tracking?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It's faster.... wayyyyy faster IMO
    Really? Gonna play around with it at lunch to see if there's any difference.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadron View Post
    Really? Gonna play around with it at lunch to see if there's any difference.
    very fast on my PRE Google Maps took a long time to load.
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Faster in what way(s)?

    Startup? Seems the same to me
    Lock in on location? This might be better, although it is probably picking up my wifi at my office.
    Tracking?
    Am I allowed to quote myself?

    Anyway, startup is a bit faster, took about 12 seconds, Google Maps, and usually Bing would take closer to 20 seconds. There were times when Google Maps would take 30 or more.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  8. hrhoades's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #9  
    Not positive this was part of the update (because it's not Maps app related), but the default Time exhibition mode came up with a blurry background image, where before I only remember a plain black background. Noticed it right after updating the Maps app.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    Not positive this was part of the update (because it's not Maps app related), but the default Time exhibition mode came up with a blurry background image, where before I only remember a plain black background. Noticed it right after updating the Maps app.
    It's not. Tap on the screen to go to the black screen.
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    Not positive this was part of the update (because it's not Maps app related), but the default Time exhibition mode came up with a blurry background image, where before I only remember a plain black background. Noticed it right after updating the Maps app.
    tap on the screen , when in exhibition mode. it will change back to black instead of the rainbow green
  11. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #12  
    I noticed they got rid of bookmarks (!). I thought that was useful. I have it updated on my Pre-, still haven't updated my Pre2...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  12. #13  
    nope. I still have bookmarks after the update.
  13.    #14  
    can some tell me how to check (without having to code an app) which version of enyo is on a device?
    it's always in /urs/palm/frameworks/enyo/

    and on my Pre 2 webos 2.1 i'ts still in /1.0 with a date of 2011-09-20

    Is there some way to get the exact framework version (Impostah...), could be handsome to check after HP Maps updates enyo again.
  14. zemoffm's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #15  
    wow this is ridiculous. This update addressed none of the issues I had with the app. In fact, all I noticed is that if you are in a menu (or panel or whatever they call it in enyo), and you do a back swipe gesture, instead of going back to the map, it backs all the way out to card view. I know for a fact this worked correctly in the previous version before the update. What a stupid "feature." Why would they prevent back gesture from doing what it is supposed to do? It worked perfectly previously: you could do the back gesture, or if you want to do the new enyo way you could pull the panel back. Now you can only do it one way. Stupid.

    All the original issues still remain: clicking on a link to a map in e-mail doesn't prepopulate Maps, you can't click on a dot to get the directions at that point, etc...

    I seriously don't even understand what is going on over there at HP. Are they going out of their way to make things bad?
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    In fact, all I noticed is that if you are in a menu (or panel or whatever they call it in enyo), and you do a back swipe gesture, instead of going back to the map, it backs all the way out to card view. I know for a fact this worked correctly in the previous version before the update. What a stupid "feature." Why would they prevent back gesture from doing what it is supposed to do? It worked perfectly previously: you could do the back gesture, or if you want to do the new enyo way you could pull the panel back. Now you can only do it one way. Stupid.
    That's right that worked before. Now Back-swipe is always -> Card view
  16. #17  
    When this update first came out a few days ago, my start up time was improved to about 15 seconds, now, I just experienced the longest successful boot up ever on Bing or Google maps...over 90 seconds. Whats up with that?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    can some tell me how to check (without having to code an app) which version of enyo is on a device?
    it's always in /urs/palm/frameworks/enyo/

    and on my Pre 2 webos 2.1 i'ts still in /1.0 with a date of 2011-09-20

    Is there some way to get the exact framework version (Impostah...), could be handsome to check after HP Maps updates enyo again.
    I believe there's still only one release version of Enyo.
  18. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
    nope. I still have bookmarks after the update.
    My Pre- with webOS 1.4.5 does not have bookmarks after the update.

    My Pre2 with webOS 2.1.0 keeps the bookmarks (I just now updated the Maps app).

    What device and version are you using?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  19. Crakeur's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #20  
    for reasons unknown to me, my pre3 keeps failing on the update.

    one of those mysteries of life that I'll never solve.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions