1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I uploaded 1000+ wedding pictures on to my TP last week. The file names are sequential and are all jpg.

The TP does not display them in sequential order, it seems to separate them by landscape and then portrait. Even yhe pictures among landscape or protrait are not in order.

Can I sort the pictures using the default picture viewer?
    You may have to get an app like Slide Master which will allow you to create slide shows a.k.a albums and order them that way ,if you slow down the speed of the slide show you can go through the photos at your own pace, rather than be a captive audience to a rapid slide show. I prefer no transitional effects as I find them distracting and unnecessary. You can also try creating albums on the TP , with the understanding that you can choose the photos that will be in the album but not the order they will be in, as the TP will determine the order the photos will be in ,based on exact date/time and file structure. There has yet to be an album app that the photographer has full control over. Very frustrating !
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apelles View Post
    You may have to get an app like Slide Master which will allow you to create slide shows a.k.a albums and order them that way ,if you slow down the speed of the slide show you can go through the photos at your own pace, rather than be a captive audience to a rapid slide show. I prefer no transitional effects as I find them distracting and unnecessary. You can also try creating albums on the TP , with the understanding that you can choose the photos that will be in the album but not the order they will be in, as the TP will determine the order the photos will be in ,based on exact date/time and file structure. There has yet to be an album app that the photographer has full control over. Very frustrating !
    Which of the slide show apps in your opinion is the best for a photographer using the Touchpad to show Galleries new photos of the year to select for their store? The filename of each photo as it is displayed is necessary for me to write down their selections to print. It would be nice if the filename also appeared under or over each photo when looking at the thumbnails.
    If only HP would update the Gallery app to show the filename.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
    Which of the slide show apps in your opinion is the best for a photographer using the Touchpad to show Galleries new photos of the year to select for their store? The filename of each photo as it is displayed is necessary for me to write down their selections to print. It would be nice if the filename also appeared under or over each photo when looking at the thumbnails.
    If only HP would update the Gallery app to show the filename.
    You can find show file name by installing Tweaks from Preware . I think showfile names has to be enabled by a patch or app .I'm not sure as I have not done this . Do some research on Preware wiki. As for Slide Master it's ok but not great, closest thing to a gallery app that I could find.
    Did some research- Tweaks is an app in Preware , Tweaks is maintained by webOS Internals , it's homepage is webos-internals.org At the very bottom of Tweaks list there is an option for photos ,when you chose that Tweak there is an option to show file names
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Did some research- Tweaks is an app in Preware , Tweaks is maintained by webOS Internals , it's homepage is webos-internals.org At the very bottom of Tweaks list there is an option for photos ,when you chose that Tweak there is an option to show file names
    Thanks for the info, it sounds interesting. Never been in webos-internals.org and am having trouble finding an app there named Tweaks. Don't know much about using preware etc... just have used apps from the app catalog. Am interested in finding this Tweaks app.
    Can you provide me with a link to tweaks app where the option to show fines names is listed?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
    Thanks for the info, it sounds interesting. Never been in webos-internals.org and am having trouble finding an app there named Tweaks. Don't know much about using preware etc... just have used apps from the app catalog. Am interested in finding this Tweaks app.
    Can you provide me with a link to tweaks app where the option to show fines names is listed?
    You have to install preware and download the Tweaks app from the preware app catalog. preware will give you many more options to enhance and customize your TP. Well worth it. I found webOS quick install the easiest method. Look through homebrew forums and preware wiki to get an idea. I assumed you had preware ,as most people who post on the forums do.
    My app, Slideshow Presentation HD (http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...presentationhd) will let you show your pics in order by the file name, or a custom order. You can also set it to show the path or file name on the picture. Check out the link for it, i list most of what it can do in the description.
    My Apps:
    Apps By Chris
    Slideshow Presentation HD - A hugely customizable Touchpad Audio/Picture Slideshow Creator
    Two Outta Three! - A coin flip game
    Chore Tracker Pro - A chore organizing app
    Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Donate link to support my work
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    You have to install preware and download the Tweaks app from the preware app catalog. preware will give you many more options to enhance and customize your TP. Well worth it. I found webOS quick install the easiest method. Look through homebrew forums and preware wiki to get an idea. I assumed you had preware ,as most people who post on the forums do.
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate the help.
    Will have to install Preware using webOS quick install when I have time. Then I will find Tweaks and check that out. Didn't want to mess up the touchpad. That's why I haven't installed anything but the apps from the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    My app, Slideshow Presentation HD (http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...presentationhd) will let you show your pics in order by the file name, or a custom order. You can also set it to show the path or file name on the picture. Check out the link for it, i list most of what it can do in the description.
    Is your application can read over CIFS mount ? or is it displaying only the local touchpad pictures ?
    thanks
    pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Patthay View Post
    Is your application can read over CIFS mount ? or is it displaying only the local touchpad pictures ?
    thanks
    pat
    only local pictures for now
    My Apps:
    Apps By Chris
    Slideshow Presentation HD - A hugely customizable Touchpad Audio/Picture Slideshow Creator
    Two Outta Three! - A coin flip game
    Chore Tracker Pro - A chore organizing app
    Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Donate link to support my work
    We had a discussion some time ago, see http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-folders.html.

The photos are sorted by creation/modification time with the latest photos on top. This makes sense if you look at the pictures you took with the device camera. And obviously palm/hp engineers didn't think of any other use apart from that. The only thing you can do is to edit the Photos App source code and change from "descending" to "ascending" which reverses the display order. But still, is it the creation date the date the picture was taken or the date of the file on your device?

Bottom line: either copy files in reversed order (or change Photos App and copy in correct order), or use another app.