webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Help Installing the app catalog
Help Installing the app catalog
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By k4ever

Old 11/13/2011, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey guys It is nice to Join this forum, this weekend I became the proud owner of an HP touchpad 32gb . Today after I had just doctored the device (to put on ubuntu) the HP app catalog kept on saying that it wasn't downloading and because of the timing I thought it had something to do with the doctoring. I tried to uninstall then reinstall the app catalog but I don't know how to reinstall it.

I later found out the app catalog outage was widespread probably on the part of HP. Such a Fail.

Question: Can anybody tell me how to reinstall the app catalog without install the whole OS again? Thank you!

Update: I restarted my TP and the app catalog app icon is back. Still cannot access the catalog though.

Update 2: Used emergency patch recovery and now its all good.
P.S. Where is this communities app that I keep seeing?

Last edited by Nick_Thunder; 11/14/2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Additional Details
Nick_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2011, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

For a buck, you can download the Preware installation instructions from the App Catalog. Or, use the Webos Quick Install instructions here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
rthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2011, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

My touchpad said "failed download" when I tried to update the App Catalog. and now it won't install, it keeps saying "failed".
Please help
wilson2ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2011, 12:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson2ec View Post
My touchpad said "failed download" when I tried to update the App Catalog. and now it won't install, it keeps saying "failed".
Please help
I used the emergency patch recovery in preware and when the device restarted I went into software applications and itminstalled as it should have.

@rthomson quick install doesn't have the app store in it, at least not with the default feed
Nick_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2011, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

for me, in Software Manager just tapping on the yellow "failed" icon got it re-downloading again successfully. If click only on the rest of the line, then opens a failed web page.

Hope this helps others - I didn't stumble on it until I doctored for the second time today!
BBooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by daffy4u, dthacker
Old 11/27/2011, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I was having the exact same problem, had done a full wipe a couple times, and was starting to get grumpy. Tapping on the yellow warning sign to retry the download solved it :-)
dthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

i have restore my hp touch pad so i list all the apps can u tell me how to bring them back
Guettaf Boumedien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

i restored my hp touch pad so i lost all the apps can u tell me how to bring them back
Guettaf Boumedien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guettaf Boumedien View Post
i restored my hp touch pad so i lost all the apps can u tell me how to bring them back
part of the webos doctoring process asks if you wanted to restore all your apps, unfortunatly our app cat doesnt have a "you own" filter to check out what you purchased.

i unfortunatly do it manually, any app ive bought that did restore for some reason after a doctor i just goto the app cat, select paid apps, then filter to the app sub selections such as games, productivity etc and scroll down through the list, anything you bought will appear as "free" meaning you bought it, anything you havent bought will ofc still show prices. free stuff may take a lot longer that way as free stuff shows as erm, "free" and paid apps you bought also show as "free".

on the phones its more of a hassle as the app cat on my pre3 doesnt mark paid apps as free and still shows their price on the main list, they only show as free when i click into an app then the price changes to free.

App cat is the 1 big thing id like to see recieve any kind of major facelift if/when open webOS gets some traction and the actual means for an app cat likely not provided by HP/gram, ittl be interesting if that comes to fruition.
Old 01/02/2013, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Once you log in to your HP/Palm profile on wifi it should start downloading all of your apps since your last backup.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
k4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Guettaf Boumedien likes this.
Thanked By: Guettaf Boumedien

Tags
app catalog, ipk, touchpad

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0