Like Tree3Likes
    I'm quite happy with kindle of my TL for books and zinio for magazines
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    I'm quite happy with kindle of my TL for books and zinio for magazines
    I would be too if I didn't know that the subscriptions were so much cheaper on Amazon and that the only way I can get those is to add Android, which I finally broke down and did. Going to Android reminds me of how much I prefer WebOS for a tablet but the lack of apps or update of apps is really starting to become a hindrance.

My only gripe on Zinio is that when I open up the magazine that it doesn't go right back to the place I left off on, like Amazon does, and that is quite a pain when trying to remember where you were last reading by looking at the thumbnails.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    The number of Touchpad owners is just way to small to make Amazon remotely interested.

Any number less than one million is just small potatoes for Amazon.
    I think you're right. I have a Kindle and so I get the ads while it's in power saving mode. Today's ad states "Buy once, read anywhere". Then they list all the devices that Kindle is available on, which they include:

- Ipad
    - Iphone
    - Blackberry
    - Mac
    - Windows PC
    - Windows Phone 7
    - Android

They named every single platform available to read Kindle from except for WebOS. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're done with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    They named every single platform available to read Kindle from except for WebOS. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're done with us.
    Noticed the same myself last night. Also, the existing Kindle app hasn't been updated in a very long time; even the unreleased 0.12.5 package floating around is 3 months old.

Amazon isn't the only one to have done this either. I keep hoping for some sort of webOS comeback, but I think maybe HP ****ed off way too many necessary partners.
    the webOS Kindle app never made it out of Beta and there are no plans for future updates. At least not with the current state of webOS. If sold and someone makes a big play at tablets and phones again, then maybe.
    As of right now webOS and the TouchPad are essentially 'dead'. you're unlikely to find many major developers putting in much effort for legacy webOS devices to a (relatively speaking) handful of users.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    As of right now webOS and the TouchPad are essentially 'dead'. you're unlikely to find many major developers putting in much effort for legacy webOS devices to a (relatively speaking) handful of users.
    meg should put away her pez dispenser collection sitting fiddling with the ejector button trying to figure out how to make it work via webOS and, so to speak, "GET OFF THE POT" over this decision ...longer delays make more good people jump ship on this ...the dwindling developer crowd will not include the least talented first... if she wants to save this thing, then let's get on with it ...!!
    speaking of kindle, there's something interesting I noticed the other day. go into the app catalog, find the kindle app and tap it to see the details. now tap the 'Developer Apps' button to see other apps by the same developer. What shows up? HP MovieStore. That seems odd... does that mean HP is doing the Kindle app themselves, so updates are up to HP? I suppose no big new features would come without Amazon's cooperation (i.e. magazine subscriptions, integrated kindle store, etc.), but that suggests we could still see bugfixes and refinements.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Magazine subscriptions may come by a circuitous route. Kindle Cloud Reader is expected to add magazine subscriptions and Amazon has said they plan to add support for all mobile browsers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12