Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I use TouchPad mainly for browsing internet, so created this app to improve the experience... post your comments, if you like my app... details are given below....

Touch Surf is an app for browsing the internet with a Touch, it helps you to bookmark web pages.

It has a collection of major websites in following categories:
    Social Networks, Messaging, Email, Photos, Movies & Videos, News, Banking,
    Business & Finance, Sports, Weather, Search & Reference, Technology, etc...

Touch Surf Features:

+ Add / Delete Categories
    + Add / Delete Websites
    + Reorder Categories and Sites
    + Add and Manage Favorite websites
    + Back / Forward navigation for webpages
    + Send sites out to webOS Browser
    + Toggle Full Screen mode

Download Touch Surf

YouTube Link:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by petropeter; 12/08/2011 at 09:59 AM.
    This is one of the most useful apps. Thanks for adding the back/foward arrows, add/delete categories and one-touch browser access.

This app is now a shortcut on my main launcher bar. It's a super way to organize bookmarks.

Not sure if this is even possible, but with this 3-panel layout, it would be useful to be able to browse local folders (including hidden folders) on the TP.

Delete, rename and move files/folders function would be awesome too.

Also would you consider in any future update a way to drag bookmarks (or copy/paste) in Sites to a different Category, or in the drop down menu change the Category of the Sites' bookmark?

edit: a couple more
    Displaying a Sites column on startup would save time and require one less tap.
    Either last one used or Favorites. Probably Favorites would be best.

Diplaying the URL address on the webpage could be handy, although it does take up screen real estate.
    Last edited by gergev; 11/14/2011 at 03:38 AM.
    The app is nice. However, you need to check some of the links you have setup already. For example, you link to the standard Gmail link but you can't do anything with that page...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Just bought it. Looks very nice. Worth every penny (so far).

Alan
  5.    #5  
    Hi elsie2, yes I noticed that lately, you can add following mobile site URLs for the time being, Will update it in my future release

Google News - Google News
    Gmail - http://m.gmail.com
    Yahoo Mail - Login

QUOTE=elsie2;3243053]The app is nice. However, you need to check some of the links you have setup already. For example, you link to the standard Gmail link but you can't do anything with that page...[/QUOTE]
  6.    #6  
    Hi gregev, will think about moving sites to different directories....thanks for the comments.

For browsing files / folders, I think we already have app in TP like Tegi's Commander

Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    This is one of the most useful apps. Thanks for adding the back/foward arrows, add/delete categories and one-touch browser access.

This app is now a shortcut on my main launcher bar. It's a super way to organize bookmarks.

Not sure if this is even possible, but with this 3-panel layout, it would be useful to be able to browse local folders (including hidden folders) on the TP.

Delete, rename and move files/folders function would be awesome too.

Also would you consider in any future update a way to drag bookmarks (or copy/paste) in Sites to a different Category, or in the drop down menu change the Category of the Sites' bookmark?
    Thanks.
    For gmail, if you click on load basic html at the bottom of the gmail page fast enough, you will be able to move down to see all mail in the normal interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by petropeter View Post
    Hi elsie2, yes I noticed that lately, you can add following mobile site URLs for the time being, Will update it in my future release

Google News - Google News
    Gmail - http://m.gmail.com
    Yahoo Mail - Login

QUOTE=elsie2;3243053]The app is nice. However, you need to check some of the links you have setup already. For example, you link to the standard Gmail link but you can't do anything with that page...
    [/QUOTE]
    I already added them before I posted but thought you should know.

You can get to the HTML version of gmail from the link you have...if you are quick enough. If you are not, you end up at the standard version and you can't scroll down to switch to HTML.

For yahoo, I added m.yahoo.com--takes you to the mobile site and you can select mail from there as well to get to the login screen you posted here.

Again, nice app!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks elsie2 for the suggestions, good to see that you already started exploring app in detail :-)

Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    I already added them before I posted but thought you should know.

You can get to the HTML version of gmail from the link you have...if you are quick enough. If you are not, you end up at the standard version and you can't scroll down to switch to HTML.

For yahoo, I added m.yahoo.com--takes you to the mobile site and you can select mail from there as well to get to the login screen you posted here.

Again, nice app!
  10.    #10  
    Touch Surf v2.1 will following additional features: (it should be in App Catalog in 1-2 days)

+ On App Launch load Favorites site list
    + Open Site Links in New Window
    + Copy Link URL to Clipboard
    + User select-able Category / Site Icons List
    + Download images from different sites

Find below updated YouTube video:

Regards,
    Petro
  11.    #11  
    Touch Surf v2.1 is available now in App Catalog...

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...apps.touchsurf

Here are the updated screen-shots...

-Petro

Touch Surf v2.1 will following additional features: (it should be in App Catalog in 1-2 days)

+ On App Launch load Favorites site list
    + Open Site Links in New Window
    + Copy Link URL to Clipboard
    + User select-able Category / Site Icons List
    + Download images from different sites

Find below updated YouTube video:

Regards,
    Petro
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Awesome. I like how it opens to favorites. Adding a site to favorites is fantastic.
    Many thanks! This app really is useful.

edit: wishlist
    -drag a Sites' tab to different category, or touch and hold to get a 'move to' option
    -touch and hold, to edit tab (or edit button on top)
    -this interface with Categories, would make a good shortcut launcher for installed apps, preferably within this app, or as separate app.

I noticed sometimes a Sites tab will get stuck if moved, and once out of alignment, will appear in all Categories. Restarting the app corrects it.
    Last edited by gergev; 11/22/2011 at 02:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I have only seen the YouTube video so far - it look's like a very useful app. What I'd like to have integrated is access to Chrome/Firefox/Opera's synchronized bookmarks on their servers. I don't know if all of these support access via an API, but it would be great to have a folder for each showing the actual bookmarks. Read/Only access would be fine for the 1st version.

EDIT:

For Chrome I haven't found anything so far.
    Last edited by T-Pad; 11/24/2011 at 02:47 AM.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the comments T-Pad, will try to see if I can integrate with Chrome/Firefox/Opera's bookmarks.

Regards,
    Petro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    I have only seen the YouTube video so far - it look's like a very useful app. What I'd like to have integrated is access to Chrome/Firefox/Opera's synchronized bookmarks on their servers. I don't know if all of these support access via an API, but it would be great to have a folder for each showing the actual bookmarks. Read/Only access would be fine for the 1st version.

EDIT:

For Chrome I haven't found anything so far.
    Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way to add the site you are currently looking at to any other category besides favorites? Or a way to move a site from favorites to somewhere else
  16.    #16  
    crazybirdman, bookmarking current page feature will be there in version 2.2.

Regards,
    Petro

Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way to add the site you are currently looking at to any other category besides favorites? Or a way to move a site from favorites to somewhere else
    Just purchased it. Wanted to support your efforts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    bookmarking current page feature will be there in version 2.2.
    I love your program, but this feature is an absolute must. I don't want to always have to manually bookmark a page. (Or I'm I missing something?)
  19.    #19  
    Agreed rmeigs, version 2.2, having this feature, should be there in App Catalog by end of next week.

Regards,
    Petro

Quote Originally Posted by rmeigs View Post
    I love your program, but this feature is an absolute must. I don't want to always have to manually bookmark a page. (Or I'm I missing something?)
    Agreed rmeigs, version 2.2, having this feature, should be there in App Catalog by end of next week.

Regards,
    Petro
    Is there a configuration file which stores Categories and Sites bookmarks? Would it be possible to transfer this to another TP with Touch Surf installed on it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast