Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I found that when tap on some links, it wouldn't load at all. Is is because those links directing to open in a new card?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  2.    #42  
    Thanks for the comments.

Grey edges had to be added as a workaround to resolve bouncing screen while typing, will see if better option is available.

Will try to add settings page in the future release for minimized screen.

Regarding loading circle, will try to move it to the bottom.

Regards,
    Petro

Quote Originally Posted by bob363 View Post
    just got the app and like it (almost love it)

wish list:
    -remove the grey edges in the web pane
    -remember minimized screen setting (have to do it every time i open it)
    -move loading circle into bar at bottom (makes pages jumpy when reading them)
  3.    #43  
    Yes, if the link tries to open a new window, it will not load... for the time being, the link can be opened in a new card on mouse-hold on a link.

-Petro

Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    I found that when tap on some links, it wouldn't load at all. Is is because those links directing to open in a new card?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #44  
    v2.2.4 is available now, it has following features / changes:

+ Rendering improved for many web sites, reduced wrapped webpage contents.
    + Moved webpage loading circle to the tool bar
    + Added Preferences App Menu item for saving full screen toggle settings

-Petro
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    thanks for the update, i love the app.

wishlist:
    -work/appear properly as a widget in glimpse - dev cut
  6.    #46  
    Few users gave feedback saying that it works with glimpse - dev cut, don't have the app to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob363 View Post
    thanks for the update, i love the app.

wishlist:
    -work/appear properly as a widget in glimpse - dev cut
    Can you add a feature to add the current website to Evernote? That feature is missing from the current browser and would seem to be a natural for you to include, considering your other great project, "E Notes".
    So far, I really like it.

Here is my wishlist:

1. Swap locations of bookmark/email/browser buttons with back/refresh/forward buttons. I would like to have the back button closer to my thumb, since that is the most used button.

2. Move the Full Screen button to the main panel, next to the "navigation controls" (back/refresh/forward). It make more sense there, and it would be accessible when the "Sites" pane is not visible.

3. Allow editing of bookmarks. (I don't think it's possible now.)

4. Increase the size of the scrollbar, or at least make it more visible. It's rather hidden right now.
  9.    #49  
    Yes, I also thought about it, will add it sometime in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Can you add a feature to add the current website to Evernote? That feature is missing from the current browser and would seem to be a natural for you to include, considering your other great project, "E Notes".
  10.    #50  
    Thanks for the comments.

In the main panel, if we add more buttons, it's getting overlapped in portrait view with 3-panel (HP raised defect for this, so had to move 2 buttons to the middle panel)... will think about better way to do it.

Editing existing bookmarks is possible by workaround using Bookmark (blue) button, explained this in the video.

Regarding scrollbar, let me see if we can specify the width.

Please note: Right now there is a bug with links in webpage which tries to open a new window, it is fixed in v2.2.6.... it should be App Catalog soon.

-Petro

So far, I really like it.

Here is my wishlist:

1. Swap locations of bookmark/email/browser buttons with back/refresh/forward buttons. I would like to have the back button closer to my thumb, since that is the most used button.

2. Move the Full Screen button to the main panel, next to the "navigation controls" (back/refresh/forward). It make more sense there, and it would be accessible when the "Sites" pane is not visible.

3. Allow editing of bookmarks. (I don't think it's possible now.)

4. Increase the size of the scrollbar, or at least make it more visible. It's rather hidden right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by petropeter View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

In the main panel, if we add more buttons, it's getting overlapped in portrait view with 3-panel (HP raised defect for this, so had to move 2 buttons to the middle panel)... will think about better way to do it.

Editing existing bookmarks is possible by workaround using Bookmark (blue) button, explained this in the video.

Regarding scrollbar, let me see if we can specify the width.

Please note: Right now there is a bug with links in webpage which tries to open a new window, it is fixed in v2.2.6.... it should be App Catalog soon.

-Petro
    Regarding the buttons, I think you should create a new persistent toolbar that is either at the top of the screen above the panels, or at the bottom of the screen below the panels. This way, you could have as many buttons as will fit width-wise, and the buttons would stay put when moving panels around.

I watched the video again, but still can't figure out editing bookmark. I suggest tap-hold on a bookmark to enter into edit mode.

Keep up the great work.
  12.    #52  
    For editing a bookmark, will try to add Edit button in Sites pane.

For the time-being, we can edit the existing bookmark by selecting a Site, then clicking on blue bookmark button on the main pane, then update the site values. (This will create new entry in Sites list, we can remove the old one)

-Petro

Regarding the buttons, I think you should create a new persistent toolbar that is either at the top of the screen above the panels, or at the bottom of the screen below the panels. This way, you could have as many buttons as will fit width-wise, and the buttons would stay put when moving panels around.

I watched the video again, but still can't figure out editing bookmark. I suggest tap-hold on a bookmark to enter into edit mode.

Keep up the great work.
  13.    #53  
    Submitted v2.3.0, it will have following features:

+ Address bar added with toggle button
    + Edit existing Sites
    + Edit existing Categories

Petro
    ------------------------------
    My Apps:
    Touch Surf
    E Notes

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvyaeldbPA[/YT]
    i just downloaded this. Nicely done. I may have to download it on my brothers touchpad as well. He's new to the internet and I think the categories make it much more user friendly than the default browser. Me likes!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I like the new update!

Two comments:

1. Scrollbar still not very visible. Can you reduce/eliminate the grey border to give more room for the scrollbar?

2. Sorting of bookmarks kinda buggy. Rather than inserting moved bookmarks in between two bookmarks, it seems to replace one bookmark with another. Also, editing a bookmark seems to revert sorting to an earlier state.
    Can u make the website display render faster?, i love the app but it's slower than the othe =[
    Hi petropeter,

Do you have another update planned soon?

If there is one thing that I think really needs to be changed, it's the position of the forward/back buttons. While holding the Touchpad with two hands, which is typically how I read in bed, it is extremely difficult to stretch my thumb over to hit the back button. I could release one hand and use my finger, but that isn't ideal either.

One other option would be to incorporate gestures off the bezel for back/forward. Have you given any thought to this?
  18.    #58  
    Can you provide few website examples, which are rendering slower?

Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    Can u make the website display render faster?, i love the app but it's slower than the othe =[
  19.    #59  
    I am moving, so give me some-time....

If I add forward / backward buttons in the end and others buttons in the beginning, will it be helpful?

-Petro

Hi petropeter,

Do you have another update planned soon?

If there is one thing that I think really needs to be changed, it's the position of the forward/back buttons. While holding the Touchpad with two hands, which is typically how I read in bed, it is extremely difficult to stretch my thumb over to hit the back button. I could release one hand and use my finger, but that isn't ideal either.

One other option would be to incorporate gestures off the bezel for back/forward. Have you given any thought to this?
    Can you provide few website examples, which are rendering slower?
    what i mean is the render speed is not as fast as in the browser (may be it's my feeling), can u coporate the browser to the app?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast