Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Right now, there is only a manual way of moving database (using USB mode), which is explained in detail below.

PetzApps: Saving/Restoring Touch Surf database

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Is there a configuration file which stores Categories and Sites bookmarks? Would it be possible to transfer this to another TP with Touch Surf installed on it?
    Thanks! That doesn't seem too difficult.
  3.    #23  
    Touch Surf v2.2 should in App Catalog in 1-2 days, watch the video now....

EDIT: v2.2 is available now in App Catalog

Regards,
    Petro
    Last edited by petropeter; 12/02/2011 at 09:28 AM.
  4.    #24  
    Touch Surf v2.2.1 is available now, added e-mail page button and fix for bouncing screen while typing.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    No more bouncing. Thanks!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    petropeter likes this.
    In a future update, would it be possible to stay signed in when opening in main browser? Right now, even though you signed into twitter, google music, etc, if you click on the web icon to open in regular browser, it doesn't remember you.
    It owuld be really nice of this app could import existing bookmarks. It feels almost useless to me othereiwse, as I would need to take a lot of time to recreate my existing bookmarks.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8.    #28  
    From which bookmark manager you wanna import from? Will see if I can integrate it.
  9.    #29  
    Not sure if this is possible, since it's opening stock browser window... Will look into it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    In a future update, would it be possible to stay signed in when opening in main browser? Right now, even though you signed into twitter, google music, etc, if you click on the web icon to open in regular browser, it doesn't remember you.
    Just bought this and I'm hugely impressed. I wonder whether this approach to browsing could be ported to Windows?!!
  11.    #31  
    Thanks.

Once Enyo (webOS framework) is open-sourced, we can think about porting to different platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Just bought this and I'm hugely impressed. I wonder whether this approach to browsing could be ported to Windows?!!
    The one thing I am missing is the ability to open a page and keep it open while viewing other pages. For instance, I might want to listen to a streaming music site while browsing the news. This could be done outside the app of course. Or there could be a long press on the site button to open in a new card (pressing the existing icon to open in the stock browser does not help if already logged in and/or playing something).

But the most neat way would be if an extra 'dimension' could be added to the third pane, allowing it to scroll up and down to show already open pages. But perhaps the os does not allow that.
  13.    #33  
    Not sure, if this is possible, will look into it... thanks.

-Petro

The one thing I am missing is the ability to open a page and keep it open while viewing other pages. For instance, I might want to listen to a streaming music site while browsing the news. This could be done outside the app of course. Or there could be a long press on the site button to open in a new card (pressing the existing icon to open in the stock browser does not help if already logged in and/or playing something).

But the most neat way would be if an extra 'dimension' could be added to the third pane, allowing it to scroll up and down to show already open pages. But perhaps the os does not allow that.
    I think I have found a bug - I cannot use this site as a bookmark -

64 km Melbourne Radar Loop

It seems the IDR characters get changed somewhere to idr and it comes up not found.
  15.    #35  
    Thanks for letting me know about the issue, will fix this in next update.

-Petro

I think I have found a bug - I cannot use this site as a bookmark -

64 km Melbourne Radar Loop

It seems the IDR characters get changed somewhere to idr and it comes up not found.
    Quote Originally Posted by petropeter View Post
    From which bookmark manager you wanna import from? Will see if I can integrate it.
    Just from the stock browser. And thanks for considering this.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  17.    #37  
    Looks like we don't have permission to access the bookmarks from stock browser

Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Just from the stock browser. And thanks for considering this.
    Thanks for fixing the upper/lowercase bug in the new release - anything else in that one that's new?
  19.    #39  
    Nope, that's the only change in this update.

Thanks for fixing the upper/lowercase bug in the new release - anything else in that one that's new?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    just got the app and like it (almost love it)

wish list:
    -remove the grey edges in the web pane
    -remember minimized screen setting (have to do it every time i open it)
    -move loading circle into bar at bottom (makes pages jumpy when reading them)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast