Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have a couple of 32GB Touchpads running the latest 3.0.4 WebOS, and I'm having an issue with the Bing Maps application "bookmarks" feature.

If I drop a pin to locate a point on the map, and then select that pin by touching it, I get the little dialog box asking me if I want to get directions to that point, or save it as a bookmark.

Choosing to save it as a bookmark brings up another dialog asking me to name the saved location. I put in a name and then click "Save".

No error messages or anything to indicate that something has gone wrong, but when I go to the saved bookmarks list in the application, it is empty.

Doesn't seem to matter how many times I restart (I even re-installed the OS via the "doctor") the bookmarks just will not save in the maps application.

Since I've done a LOT of searching for this issue, and come up with nothing, I'll assume I'm the only one who has this problem - on both of my Touchpads.

Comments?
    Last edited by afh3; 11/11/2011 at 10:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by afh3 View Post
    I have a couple of 32GB Touchpads running the latest 3.0.4 WebOS, and I'm having an issue with the Bing Maps application "bookmarks" feature.

If I drop a pin to locate a point on the map, and then select that pin by touching it, I get the little dialog box asking me if I want to get directions to that point, or save it as a bookmark.

Choosing to save it as a bookmark brings up another dialog asking me to name the saved location. I put in a name and then click "Save".

No error messages or anything to indicate that something has gone wrong, but when I go to the saved bookmarks list in the application, it is empty.

Doesn't seem to matter how many times I restart (I even re-installed the OS via the "doctor") the bookmarks just will not save in the maps application.

Since I've done a LOT of searching for this issue, and come up with nothing, I'll assume I'm the only one who has this problem - on both of my Touchpads.

Comments?
    Seems to work now with today's update, but it wants to drop 2 pins, the one I place and the one where it thinks the address actually is for that place name.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Seems to work now with today's update, but it wants to drop 2 pins, the one I place and the one where it thinks the address actually is for that place name.
    I just ran the update, and I can save bookmarks in the Maps app now! Like you, I do see that it "updates" the position of the pin to be where it thinks it should be for the address to which it resolved. I can deal with that, as long as I can save locations.

Can't tell you how much time I spent trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong with this app. I couldn't find a single thing on-line to indicate that anyone else was seeing this issue.

Thanks for the tip on the update.