Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By b554me
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I work for Directv and I've sent an email to our Dir of Soft eng to see what the probablity was of us getting an iPad like app for our Touchpads. Our company policy is to always make suggestions to departments if you think it will increase our footprint in the market, so I have. I'll let you know what the response is if anything. I think suggestions always help when they come from within..

I also sent him the link to the Developers deal that HP is running.

stay tuned
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    awesome love my Directv and hope they do it as porting over is a breeze! A 1000 thank yous
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    yep, that would be GREAT!
    Yes, DTV on TP would be very nice to have!

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I see pandas.
    DTV on my touchpad would prompt me to purchase the nfl package if it allowed me to watch the games on it.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    just in case you can answer this .... I have the Directv app on my Pixi but if I go into the screen to record a program the receiver ID#'s for both L/R and Living RM (the only one I am concerned about as it is the only dvr of the two) are different than that on Directv.com for my account

I guess I could do a test record to see if it works but thought it was odd that the numbers don't match (the app only shows the last 4 digits of the 12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    DTV on my touchpad would prompt me to purchase the nfl package if it allowed me to watch the games on it.
    Just Flash cm7 and download nfl sunday ticket from the market.
    That would be nice for the Touchpad.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    As an existing DirecTV subscriber...in 4 one.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    would this be like the DirecTV app for the Pre?
    I'd put it on my TP. Thanks DTV!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    Just Flash cm7 and download nfl sunday ticket from the market.
    I actually don't want to do that.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    +1

DirecTV app is probably the only reason that I'm even remotely
    interested in webOS/Android dual-booting for my Touchpad!

Having been a DirecTV customer since 1997, I've paid them
    enough in monthly fees. It's about time that they reward
    my continuous loyalty!

FS2
    Last edited by friedscones; 11/08/2011 at 06:33 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    would this be like the DirecTV app for the Pre?

Hi toaste,

No, I specifcially asked about the interactive UI. The application for the Pre is known to us as the "scheduler", which has limited functionality.

Here is a link of the interactive iPad app
    DIRECTV: Stream TV on the iPadŽ with DIRECTV™

You can stream anywhere in your home,
    Use as DTV remote to control box
    Swipe to TV control
    Schedule shows
    View detailed interactive listings.

What I'm asking for does not have to be exactly like the iPad app, but I would like something more than what I currently have running on my Touchpad which is the scheduler. I really think that the customer equates the bigger screen of a large tablet with enhanced usability. Not just a scheduler app.

They are extremely proud of the iPad application, but I think it would be just as good considering the dimensions of the TouchPad screen match the iPad2 and the TP is just as powerful, if not more so.

The good news is that the person I sent the request to was the wrong person but the right qroup. So he cc'd the "right" people and asked them to assist me.

We'll see...

friedscones
    thanks for your loyalty, it keeps me employed..lol
    Wait until you get the new HD Guide, you will like it!!
    Last edited by b554me; 11/08/2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Can you please let your engineer know that the Sunday Ticket app (available for the Pre) works perfectly on the Pre 3 as well as in emulator mode on the TP but is not available in those catalogs? I'm not sure if it's a setting he can change but it'd be great to increase its availability!
    If they can port nomad over some how that alone would be worth it.

sent from my thunderbolt
    I have been a DirecTV customer for a very long time. I got the Nomad for Christmas. I love being able to take my TV shows with me when I am on the road. Since I am a Truck driver I am on the road all week. It would be so much better if I could watch them on my TouchPad.. Thank you for working on this for all of us TouchPad users.
    Quote Originally Posted by b554me View Post
    Hi All,

I work for Directv and I've sent an email to our Dir of Soft eng to see what the probablity was of us getting an iPad like app for our Touchpads. Our company policy is to always make suggestions to departments if you think it will increase our footprint in the market, so I have. I'll let you know what the response is if anything. I think suggestions always help when they come from within..

I also sent him the link to the Developers deal that HP is running.

stay tuned
    I noticed that when the Nomad downloads the shows to my computer it is in a mp4 format. There is a second file that is also there. Can any program that plays mp4's play that file? Can I just move it to my TouchPad and play it? I did try it once but did not a player that plays mp4 on my device.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If it lets me watch DirecTV on my TP, would love to have it!