1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an existing or planned TP multi (say, 4) track recording app? I'm a guitar player (electric) and have been dying for something I could use to outline simple projects on my TP. I'm pretty sure we don't have one right now (please prove me wrong). The iPad has a few really slick options, and I wondered if anyone is planning one for us. Thanks!
    Last edited by Saltcreep; 11/07/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    I second that - I would love to see it happen.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'd be all over that also! Unfortunately, I don't think there is a viable way to get direct audio into the device (i.e. via the USB connector).

Now, if you're just talking about the external mic, I don't see why that can't be done. It just hasn't been done yet.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah Somline, looking for a native app. Good info though, thanks.

Mapenn: I'd be happy with OTA recording, honestly, as long as it supported simultaneous replay/record (that way I could listen to an existing track over earphones, while recording a track via the mic).

Me thinks this would require a LOT of dev time, unfortunately. If anyone's up for it, you have my money!
  6.    #6  
    By the way, is micro-USB incapable of handling the bandwidth required for a guitar signal - if there were even such a thing as a jack-to-micro-usb converter? I'm really reaching here, can you tell? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    By the way, is micro-USB incapable of handling the bandwidth required for a guitar signal - if there were even such a thing as a jack-to-micro-usb converter? I'm really reaching here, can you tell? haha
    With a custom kernel it will:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3233049
    I thought the touchpad 1/8in jack was line in as well as headphone out. I dj and would love to record in.
  9.    #9  
    Oooh, drool.. So it's settled then. Who's going to build it?! lol