1.    #1  
    very chuffed that we now have Zinio, but we were promised the kindle app in the dreaded "coming Months"....

will it ever arrive? I was actually trying to sideload something using Calibre but it turns out only the kindle app works with Calibre....

I know there's a fairly in depth work around via homebrew....looks like that's the best bet, any suggestions how long that takes & is it worthwhile?

Why would Amazon invest resources after HP killed the platform?

At this point we have to assume that no big firm updates are coming anymore and be happily surprised about any exceptions.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    It works in the UK if you get a copy of the IPK file and simply install it, I think I dd it through preware. I also have no problem sending books to it either from an account I set up on Amazon.co.uk.

Oh and use the side-loader patch as well to load books off your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post
    very chuffed that we now have Zinio, but we were promised the kindle app in the dreaded "coming Months"....

will it ever arrive? I was actually trying to sideload something using Calibre but it turns out only the kindle app works with Calibre....

I know there's a fairly in depth work around via homebrew....looks like that's the best bet, any suggestions how long that takes & is it worthwhile?

You can move your books over wirelessly if you load TBtransfer (http://www.precentral.net/tbtransfer) on your TP and another small file on your computer (so the TP and the computer can talk). You can find TBtransfer in Preware and the file for your computer can be found here TBtransfer / Home / Home.

I hope you get the Amazon app but if you don't, try one of the pReader apps.

If you are using the Amazon Kindle app you will also need to use Kindle Import (found in Preware) to "load" the books once you have them on your TP. If you don't use that, the Kindle app won't recognize them.