Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iprice
  • 1 Post By PricklyPete
  1.    #1  
    I was hoping to pick up Asphalt 6 from Gameloft this weekend but read somewhere this app was unplayable after the patch, so i'm just wondering what gives? Shouldn't this be an easy fix? I called Gameloft and they said it was 100% on HP to update it, which im unsure of...

Is it an accelerometer problem or just graphics? Either way i hope these games are fixed soon as i want something good to play

Feel free to recommend me some good paid games, i have a few of the games from app promo codes but not much.

Thanks!
    That's a pretty poor response from a developer really.

The problems may well have been caused by HP and the recent update, but if their software is now unusable, then you'd think that they'd want to at least look into possible solutions to fix it from their side of the fence. They're losing sales with that kind of attitude - now and in the future.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    gregcky likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    That's a pretty poor response from a developer really.

The problems may well have been caused by HP and the recent update, but if their software is now unusable, then you'd think that they'd want to at least look into possible solutions to fix it from their side of the fence. They're losing sales with that kind of attitude - now and in the future.
    I could not agree more, the agent i spoke to was ardently defending her idea that it was HP's fault (it was working before, and now it's not working because of the OS patch, so it must be HP's fault) - Gameloft has just gamelost a customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    They're losing sales with that kind of attitude - now and in the future.
    All 12 of them.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    I'm not really agreeing with any of you here apparently.

It is HP's fault, the accelerometer is broken in 3.0.4. How is Gameloft supposed to fix it when HP breaks their own APIs?

It's hard to imagine HP is unaware of this though. Hopefully the rumored 3.0.5 fixes it.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I 100% say its HP's fault.

It is not just Asphalt/Gameloft also NFS hot pursuit by EA is broken and No Gravity as well.

They should have known that changing accelrometer levels/patches/code will affect games that depend on the same and since they have announced webos's death, these devs would be insensitive to changing or modifying their apps.

There are many other developers complaining on twitter to @webosdev regarding the issues their apps are facing since their update.

unarguably the update is the most disgusting thing that happened to touchpad.

I have wifi dropouts, sound distortions, apps just lying there since i cant use the accelerometer, some khan academy videos through app dont load properly and yes i have doctored.

I have been following conversations of devs i follow on twitter and it is a sorry situtation
    Dunno, the API works just fine for a lot of other stuff. We just had an accelorometer API developer AppHack, and lots of apps came out with accel support. I'm not having any problems with accelorometer on two touchpads here, both on 3.0.4.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    ... Asphalt 6 .. but read somewhere this app was unplayable after the patch
    It'll be only unplayable if you have webOS 3.0.4 and use the accelerometer for controlling your car. All other modes work fine - I prefer tapping left and right because holding the touchpad in my hands becomes tedious after a while.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Just to note, in my app Glowing Sky stop working the accelerometer after the update; notice my app was done using GLBasic.

Then, GLBasic developer updated it so the acelerometer start working ago, and he said "You must not call SDL_Init twice (which is normal - once for gfx, once for sound, once for input)", so perhaps is not a full HP fault...

I recompiled my app again and was working again.
    Nope you are supposed to call sdl init once with the flag set for each property that you will need. If that's what's causing people's problems, yell loudly at the devs who are refusing to fix.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I don't see that issue. What I am having is that the sound plays for the intro, but goes silent during actual gameplay. A full restart doesn't help. This is EXACTLY what Asphalt5 did. Argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    I don't see that issue. What I am having is that the sound plays for the intro, but goes silent during actual gameplay. A full restart doesn't help. This is EXACTLY what Asphalt5 did. Argh.
    i had that on first install but found it was just the master volume etc in prefs all set to zero, ramped them up and problem solved.
    Hopefully soon when HP releases 3.0.5