Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I made a Touchpad version of BFG Maps for the Touchpad.

So now you can get Google Maps in all its glory, INCLUDING STREET VIEW!!! YAY!

Enjoy.

(Note, I am not the creator of this free app, all I did was modify some code so that it is fullscreen on the touchpad)

unzip and enjoy! (CLICK ON THE ZIP FILE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST TO DOWNLOAD)

Screenshots for you non-belivers and skeptics

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rmausser; 11/04/2011 at 10:27 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Does no one care?

I thought having a full featured fullscreen google maps app with Street view would be a big deal!

I was up late last night modifying this to work.

Show me some love!
    I'll do it in a bit. I was messing with it on my frankenpre2 and street view was crashing my phone. But I have some other issues with it so it might not be the app fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Does no one care?

I thought having a full featured fullscreen google maps app with Street view would be a big deal!

Show me some love!
    It's early in the morning for some of us, give it a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    I'll do it in a bit. I was messing with it on my frankenpre2 and street view was crashing my phone. But I have some other issues with it so it might not be the app fault.
    Uhmmm... isn't this for the Touchpad specifically?
    wow looks awesome! is it in the catalogue yet? I dont have my tp with me at work
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Hey guys, I made a Touchpad version of BFG Maps for the Touchpad.

So now you can get Google Maps in all its glory, INCLUDING STREET VIEW!!! YAY!

Enjoy.

(Note, I am not the creator of this free app, all I did was modify some code so that it is fullscreen on the touchpad)

unzip and enjoy!

Screenshots for you non-belivers and skeptics

Click to view quoted image
    It's at the bottom of the first post,a .zip file. Use Preware to sideload it.
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/17/2012 at 04:49 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #8  
    I am not the official creator of this app, so I dont think I am allowed to put it in the app catalog.

Plus a couple back buttons still need to be made in areas where you need to swipe to go back first before its App Catalog worthy.

Maybe I can get permission from the creators to put in app catalog if they dont want to themselves.
    Super fantastic, Ty,ty,ty.
    Have you got the bluetooth GPS functionality like in MapTool included in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Uhmmm... isn't this for the Touchpad specifically?
    yes and it was because I saw a post by you about that gmaps is not dead or the depreciated API but rather HO forcing it to us. Just thought it was funny and meant to add that I'm hoping I won't get the same results on my TP.
    Just installed seems to work. But my pre2 acts up - very slow data speeds(inside a building) so I guess I'll have to give it a try once in the open or home.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by limerickey View Post
    Have you got the bluetooth GPS functionality like in MapTool included in there?
    I did not create the app. Its "as is" besides resizing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    yes and it was because I saw a post by you about that gmaps is not dead or the depreciated API but rather HO forcing it to us. Just thought it was funny and meant to add that I'm hoping I won't get the same results on my TP.
    Just installed seems to work. But my pre2 acts up - very slow data speeds(inside a building) so I guess I'll have to give it a try once in the open or home.
    Oh - gotcha. I'm not having any problems with BFG (1.0.86) on my Pre Plus (1.4.5.1) but I also don't see an option for Street View on that version.

EDIT: Found it. I had to read the first 7 posts of this thread to figure it out: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...imes-beta.html Mine is acting fine - no problems with street view that I can see. If you have a specific test that fails consistently (address, actions taken) I can try with my Pre Plus and see if it's Pre2 or webOS 2.x specific.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 11/04/2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just checked it out. Fantastic!
    Does no one care?

Show me some love!

sounds great... but I have no idea how to install it on my Touchpad?
    Arf, tried to download it but the file is 40kb only, not 300kb as stated in the first post, and "unzip" from preware return an error. I can't even unzip it from Linux chroot... Is the file still good ? Or do I need a computer to dl it and unzip it ??
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Arf, tried to download it but the file is 40kb only, not 300kb as stated in the first post, and "unzip" from preware return an error. I can't even unzip it from Linux chroot... Is the file still good ? Or do I need a computer to dl it and unzip it ??
    You need to e-mail the file to yourself. It's based on the way the forum download works, Jason has a thread on this that I am too busy to find ATM.

Anyone else unable to find the phone version of BFG? I'm on a Pre3.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Nice! I wish the developers would mod a few more phone apps to run fullscreen on TP.
    Not quite as nice as google earth in android but still quite nice to have! Kudos! Hopefully you and the orig dev can get together and make this beautiful on the touchpad, then get yourselves some cash for it!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I like this app a lot. Thanks for it. BTW, I donated but the add bar at the bottom still showing up. Any idea how long it takes to get the magic happen?
    scotpunk likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast