Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Am experiencing a WEIRD problem using the TweetMe App (which I purchased from the App store). For the last day or two, every time I access it - it gives me the following message:

Bad Connection to Twitter

Or

Couldn't Connect to Twitter

Am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything remotely similar

BTW I have another Twitter client App - Carbon - which works perfectly and accesses Twitter just fine

Is something weird going on with TweetMe?

Anyone? any ideas????

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Iíve experienced that too. I had the app working since I switched from my Pre to the Veer months ago. Since I doctored my Veer due to patching problems, it wonít work like described above.

Just opened the app this minute, checking if itís still like this, and now it askes me about trusting unusual security cerificate signatures from si0.twimg.com

Any suggestions?
    Sorry to say that, but TweetMe is no longer working with the new Twitter-Auth scheme.
    Twitter changed this I think in June or July, and gave developers some time to port there apps over to the new mechanism, this time is expired now and the old way does no longer work.

Since TweetMe last update is over a year ago and the developer does not respond to any support request the app is dead. HP should have pulled the app from the catalog a long time ago.
    Read the reviews before buy an app next time is the only tip I can give you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Sorry to say that, but TweetMe is no longer working with the new Twitter-Auth scheme.
    Twitter changed this I think in June or July, and gave developers some time to port there apps over to the new mechanism, this time is expired now and the old way does no longer work.

Since TweetMe last update is over a year ago and the developer does not respond to any support request the app is dead. HP should have pulled the app from the catalog a long time ago.
    Thatís sad to hear! It was a great app with a really nice design. And Iíve bought it long ago, so I think the money charged off already. So Iím switching to phnx, as itís free and it has the basic functions and a clean design, (alast not so spectacular than in TweetMe).

Or does anybody suggests another Twitter app Ė free or paid?
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 11/06/2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: spell checked
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Or does anybody suggests another Twitter app Ė free or paid?
    I think Phnx and Carbon are both the best available clients.
    I was having the same problem and was thinking that tweetme was fixed for the AUTH change, but my memory isn't all that great! I have switched to phnx and will check out carbon as per suggestion above. I didn't like tweetme from the start but it sure grew on me...lol

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I think Phnx and Carbon are both the best available clients.
    I’m happy with phnx, truely made with love :-)

— posted via fabulous webOS and Communities —
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post

I'll admit, as a webOS developer it was sad to see him just drop TweetMe like he did; the elegant and technical use of CSS3 and color in the UI and its general user experience was probably the best implementation I've seen yet in webOS.

But yes, it's a developer's responsibility to pull an app if they're no longer going to support it. Unfortunately, TweetMe far from being the only one in that state in the App Catalog; there are plenty of others sitting out there that haven't been updated in over a year that could go dark after even a simple API change from their data provider.