1.    #1  
    I use the stock music player right now. I don't watch videos much so that's not a concern.

What bothers me about the stock media player is:
    1. A lot of the time the songs will just all go to 0:00 until i reboot. it happens during play sometimes.
    2. It uses the same exact shuffle sequence almost every time.
    3. I have 2300 song on my touchpad and the media player doesn't play nice when trying to find songs
    4. the 'next,play/pause' keys on the lock screen don't work ever.. it shows current track but can't be used.

I saw music player remix and I'm wondering if its worth it? Is it a full Touchpad app now or is it scaled for phone size? anyone use it? pro's/con's of it?
    yes it is. Very nice app and it is redesigned around the tp
    I don't use the stock app, so I can't confirm or deny any bugs or issues there, but I wouldn't have a webOS device without Remix. This is only my opinion though.

That said, I highly suggest doing a search on the TouchPad version & read the feature set. It's worlds deeper than the stock.

Some of the things that have me hooked:

Flylists: Playlists you can create on the fly. For example, I have a flylist for 'Dope Tracks'...it's simply a playlist I defined for tunes I want to hear during my commute. While on shuffle (which I generally do in casual listening), if I come accross a track that is 'dope', I simply click the icon of the track & select 'Add to flylist'.

I have many flylists & being able to add to them on the fly really helps me cut down on the stuff I'd rather skip most of the time. Anyway, great feature.

Screen on mode that prevents exhibition or dimming/sleep.

In app locked rotation if you so desire.

VERY simple searching methods (much more efficient than the stock IMO...for the few times I did use it).

LastFM scrobbling.

Twitter & Facebook integration....etc. etc. etc.

There's a lot to like about the app is my point. To me, it's well worth it & I'm a music junkie. There are some great lookup features that allow you to go straight to YouTube, Wiki, etc. for either the artist or song. It's just feature rich & the developer is always responsive.

Anyway, my take. Sorry it's kind of half arsed, but I'm in a hurry.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I don't use the stock app, so I can't confirm or deny any bugs or issues there, but I wouldn't have a webOS device without Remix. This is only my opinion though.

That said, I highly suggest doing a search on the TouchPad version & read the feature set. It's worlds deeper than the stock.

Some of the things that have me hooked:

Flylists: Playlists you can create on the fly. For example, I have a flylist for 'Dope Tracks'...it's simply a playlist I defined for tunes I want to hear during my commute. While on shuffle (which I generally do in casual listening), if I come accross a track that is 'dope', I simply click the icon of the track & select 'Add to flylist'.

I have many flylists & being able to add to them on the fly really helps me cut down on the stuff I'd rather skip most of the time. Anyway, great feature.

Screen on mode that prevents exhibition or dimming/sleep.

In app locked rotation if you so desire.

VERY simple searching methods (much more efficient than the stock IMO...for the few times I did use it).

LastFM scrobbling.

Twitter & Facebook integration....etc. etc. etc.

There's a lot to like about the app is my point. To me, it's well worth it & I'm a music junkie. There are some great lookup features that allow you to go straight to YouTube, Wiki, etc. for either the artist or song. It's just feature rich & the developer is always responsive.

Anyway, my take. Sorry it's kind of half arsed, but I'm in a hurry.
    Wow thank you very much for the info. From the reviews I read it seems very nice but it never lists what it can and can't do. I think I'll just buy it, its only a few bucks and so far I haven't really heard anything bad about it from other sites.. I just trust the opinion of people here.
  5.    #5  
    So I bought it, loaded it, played music good for about 20 min, then the sound went to hell.. very low, crackly noise.. rebooted touchpad (shut off turn back on), sound still sucks now only in Music Player remix app, works fine on everything else, removed it, rebooted, reinstall same effect..
    It is one of only two apps that I have purchased thus far. It's really pretty amazing. It does everything I want except crossfade, but the developer said he couldn't do that because of how it was programmed. I've downloaded other music apps with crossfade, but their interfaces were so clunky, they were practically unusable. You can do lots of things, many things can be done multiple ways from multiple screens. It's almost overwealming trying to learn it all, but once you get the hang of it, the app just rocks!

I think there are some youtube videos if you want to see demonstrations of some of the features.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dajedikidd View Post
    It is one of only two apps that I have purchased thus far. It's really pretty amazing. It does everything I want except crossfade, but the developer said he couldn't do that because of how it was programmed. I've downloaded other music apps with crossfade, but their interfaces were so clunky, they were practically unusable. You can do lots of things, many things can be done multiple ways from multiple screens. It's almost overwealming trying to learn it all, but once you get the hang of it, the app just rocks!

I think there are some youtube videos if you want to see demonstrations of some of the features.
    I ended up buying it and it is very sweet. lots of hidden features. I just get after long periods of play songs that either go to 00:00 for start and end time, or the sound goes to hell.. normally after 20min - 1hr this happens.. the songs are easy to fix, hit back, hit forward and it fixes it. Sounds, full restart is the only thing that doesn't fix it.

love the app so far, might just reinstall 3.0.4 and try again with no patches.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I'd buy it but it's missing some key features for me, not necessarily for others. I'm wanting an app with FLAC playback ability, pre-amp controls, and a 10 band graphic equalizer with optional presets and custom saves. It's probably a very good app but I'm spoiled with what I have on my phone. Those 3 features added and I'm in.
    Is it worth it???
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    So I bought it, loaded it, played music good for about 20 min, then the sound went to hell.. very low, crackly noise.. rebooted touchpad (shut off turn back on), sound still sucks now only in Music Player remix app, works fine on everything else, removed it, rebooted, reinstall same effect..
    This might be the WebOS 3.0.4 audio issue. Which affects some people. Hopefully 3.0.5 will sort it out.

I find Remixed to be a marvelous app. Very nicely designed
    I like the fact that it can resume play where you left off when you restart the app. Nice for podcasts, etc.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    So I bought the app because of all the good reviews and it worked great for a few days. But now when I open it all I see is a blank screen (see attachment). I can do a search and find artists and play them, but I can't get the list of albums, artists or songs on the main screen. I don't know if I change a setting or something by mistake or what. Any ideas of what might be wrong? If I delete the app and reinstall will I have to pay again? Thanks for any help.

Oh! This is on my 32gbTouchPad.

Okay, the fix is in! De-installed and re-installed app then a device reboot and all is well.

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maypo52; 11/09/2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: additional info
    I've used Remix since the early beta days of that app on my Sprint Pre minus. I also now have it on my Touchpad. It's well worth it and the developer is great with feedback and bugs. It's a top notch app and one of my most used apps on both my devices (Pre minus & Touchpad).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maypo52 View Post
    So I bought the app because of all the good reviews and it worked great for a few days. But now when I open it all I see is a blank screen (see attachment). I can do a search and find artists and play them, but I can't get the list of albums, artists or songs on the main screen. I don't know if I change a setting or something by mistake or what. Any ideas of what might be wrong? If I delete the app and reinstall will I have to pay again? Thanks for any help.
    No, if you delete it and reinstall it, you won't have to pay again. You might also want to post this in the Remix forum thread.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    functionally it has a lot of features, but the user interface is probably one of THE worst out there. It has the right foundation for a great product, but the UI implementation is just too amateur. I know a lot of people love the app, because it does offer a lot of useful functionality that the native app does not. There's creating a beautiful unique interface, like the Twitter app Carbon, and there's Music Remix, which just has a bunch of random interface elements trying to be something but ends up just falling flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by maypo52 View Post
    I'd re-install it and then reboot your device. I believe this "blank screen" thing is happening due to something screwy with webOS media permissions. I've heard of a few instances of this since the update to webOS 3.0.4. But in all cases rebooting the device fixed the issue for the people who reported it.

For future questions about the app, I'd suggest posting in the official Music Player (Remix) discussion thread. Or just email me using the email links on the app's Help screen (accessible via the app menu at the top-left corner of the screen).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I also wouldn't be using a webOS device if not for this app. I definitely think it's worth it. I had the free homebrew version on my pixi plus, so when I got my pre2 I already knew it was worth the money. I actually would have even paid more for it, though I'm glad I didn't have to .
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    I've heard other people complain about audio distortion issues in webOS 3.0.4, but in other apps as well. For instance, I was talking to someone on Twitter recently about the "Green Eggs and Ham" Dr. Seuss book and they said the audio was horribly distorted. I have the same app and the audio is crystal clear. It makes me wonder if some hardware revisions of the TouchPad have issues with webOS 3.0.4. Or perhaps a homebrew kernel or patch is causing intermittent audio issues for some people.

On my TouchPad (stock with no kernels, overclocking, or patches), audio plays fine in all apps including Music Player (Remix).
    Last edited by DanPLC; 11/09/2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Thanks to everyone in the thread who have been praising the app. I put a lot of work into it (over 2 years now) and it means a lot that so many people have enjoyed using it.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Another +1 for Music Player Remix! It's one my most used apps on my TouchPad, Pre3, & Veer. Dan, has always been great to respond to emails & via twitter. If I had another device/profile it'd be one of the first apps I purchase again. I've bought 3x now & no complaints.