1.    #1  
    Zinio has arrived, and it's good, but it stores each downloaded page as an encrypted pdf file in subdirectories of the internal\zinio\magazines folder.

The QuickOffice/Acrobat pdf reader picks up all of these in the My TouchPad list. Even with just 8 magazines downloaded this is already approaching a thousand pages, which effectively prevents you scrolling down to any pdf with a name beginning with any letter pretty much from 'P' onwards.

Short of renaming my files as a workaround, is there a way to hide those Zinio pdfs from the QuickOffice apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Zinio has arrived, and it's good, but it stores each downloaded page as an encrypted pdf file in subdirectories of the internal\zinio\magazines folder.

The QuickOffice/Acrobat pdf reader picks up all of these in the My TouchPad list. Even with just 8 magazines downloaded this is already approaching a thousand pages, which effectively prevents you scrolling down to any pdf with a name beginning with any letter pretty much from 'P' onwards.

Short of renaming my files as a workaround, is there a way to hide those Zinio pdfs from the QuickOffice apps?
    Sounds like "Rule #4" for FolderContentList.jsjsjs ($in$ $both$ $Quickoffice$ $and$ $Adobe$ $Reader$) ... $in$ $function$ updateFilteredFsoIndex ...
    ... or considering that there are so many of those files - maybe it would be better to make it "Rule #0" so they get filtered as soon as possible
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    Sounds like "Rule #4" for FolderContentList.jsjsjs ($in$ $both$ $Quickoffice$ $and$ $Adobe$ $Reader$) ... $in$ $function$ updateFilteredFsoIndex ...
    ... or considering that there are so many of those files - maybe it would be better to make it "Rule #0" so they get filtered as soon as possible
    Thanks. Yes, I just took a look and that does seem to be the place to add a tweak. I'm short of time here until tomorrow (work pressure and out for the evening) but I might be able to try to tackle it myself tomorrow.
    I added an implementation of this patch in the patched ipk versions 1.6.0 and 1.6.5 available here.

If you would prefer patching it yourself you can add:

Code:
    // Rule #1.5: This is a patch to prevent Zinio documents from showing up in the list
    if (fso.getFilename().indexOf("page") === 0)
         continue;
    After the line:

Code:
    var fso = this.fsoCache[i];
    In the function updateFilteredFsoIndex.
  5.    #5  
    Many thanks, kjh.

It's like magic. You go to sleep and when you wake up the problem's solved!

Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I added an implementation of this patch in the patched ipk versions 1.6.0 and 1.6.5 available here.

If you would prefer patching it yourself you can add:

Code:
    // Rule #1.5: This is a patch to prevent Zinio documents from showing up in the list
    if (fso.getFilename().indexOf("page") === 0)
         continue;
    This will for sure filter ALL FILES starting with "page" (regardless of extension) ...
    ...this may not be the best option ... it is probably better to check path starting with 'zinio/' or at least check extension to be 'pdf'. I don't have Zinio so I can't test the code ... so I can't really post patch here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Many thanks, kjh.

It's like magic. You go to sleep and when you wake up the problem's solved!

Much appreciated.
    No problem. I couldn't sleep so I figured I might as well get something done.
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    This will for sure filter ALL FILES starting with "page" (regardless of extension) ...
    ...this may not be the best option ... it is probably better to check path starting with 'zinio/' or at least check extension to be 'pdf'. I don't have Zinio so I can't test the code ... so I can't really post patch here...
    Yeah this was a little quick and dirty and I realized that would be the case but dismissed it as unlikely. I actually want to come back to this code and spend some time with it. I see there is code in place for viewing folders. I would really like to organize my documents and have a recently viewed list. At that point I can make it a bit more robust if no one beats me to it.
    Pardon my ignorance, but how do we install any of these patched ipk versions after download? Any steps to follow? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonalaw View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but how do we install any of these patched ipk versions after download? Any steps to follow? Thanks.
    If you have preware and internalz installed download the file on your TP, navigate to the downloads directory using internalz, select the ipk and tap open. If you would prefer you can download it to your computer and use webos quick install.
    If you have preware and internalz installed download the file on your TP, navigate to the downloads directory using internalz, select the ipk and tap open. If you would prefer you can download it to your computer and use webos quick install.
    Thanks for your quick reply. I downloaded the 1.6.5 version of the patch. I used the Internalz Pro to install the patch and did a restart after the installation. I then opened my Quickoffice if ALL FILES starting with "page" are filtered. Unfortunately, the patch did not filter those files. Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by bonalaw View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. I downloaded the 1.6.5 version of the patch. I used the Internalz Pro to install the patch and did a restart after the installation. I then opened my Quickoffice if ALL FILES starting with "page" are filtered. Unfortunately, the patch did not filter those files. Did I miss something?
    I'm having the same issue (1.8.0). I tried doing to fix manually but it crashed my touchpad when I went to paste the code (tried it twice and twice I had to hard reset). Anyone have success on this front?
    Hmmm... I have Zinio and have about 6 mags but have no other files showing I my QO file list? I have NO patches at all. I wonder if a patch is causing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Hmmm... I have Zinio and have about 6 mags but have no other files showing I my QO file list? I have NO patches at all. I wonder if a patch is causing this?
    I had this issue prepatch, so probably not.
    I've run into this problem recently on my touchpad, any news on a solid workaround?
    At this point I'd just like to delete them. Is there any means to do that other than one page/time? I certainly don't want to wipe the whole TP and start installing everything over. Thank you!