webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Groove IP for WebOS anyone?
Groove IP for WebOS anyone?

Old 11/03/2011, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

still no true and easy to setup VOIP app for the touchpad's webOS that will allow you to use Google Voice/Talk to receive/make calls via IP instead of it being routed through cell phone numbers or Skype. I would love to keep using the OS, but Android's Groove IP seems to be tempting me to move on. I would be nice to get something like this working on webOS.
albundyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2011, 01:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

What is groove iP?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
mattecko16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2011, 02:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

At the moment, VoIP is still a rather difficult thing to implement, the various APIs that would be necessary (specifically mic access) are apparently not quite ready. It seems pretty doubtful that this sort of thing could be done with the Web App api for it, but maybe somebody who knows that stuff better than I could do it.

On the other hand, maybe if someone could manage to build Google's "libjingle" as a native plugin, it oculd be interfaced. I just do not have any idea how to go about doing something like that.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2011, 07:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would give my left you know what to get this working on my TP, even my pre3 would be good.... I wish bounties actually worked, I'd give 20 for this.
gtkansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2011, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattecko16 View Post
What is groove iP?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
Groove IP lets you make/receive calls through Google Talk's VOIP calling on an android tablet, and it bypasses using you cell/phone service to make/receive that call so no minutes are ever used. the quantity and quality of apps on android might make me switch sooner than later, but i will give it a few more months time before making that decision.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gvoip&hl=en
albundyhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0