Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    We're looking for some beta testers for DataJog - What is DataJog?

DataJog enables you to send links, images, text, contacts and calendar entries from Google Chrome to your webOS devices.

What's needed:
    • Google Chrome Browser
    • TouchPad / Pre 3 / Veer / Pre -/+/2 with new Maps (Enyo)

Please message me (SmartKidsOnTheRun) with your contact details.
    Thank-you and I hope you enjoy DataJog!
    Last edited by SmartKidsOnTheRun; 11/03/2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Add Veer
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    If you get bored tonight, please give our beta a try.
    Thanks!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

VERY NICE!!

It works well so far, I have tried URLs, jpgs, notes, events... seems to connect and work fine. On the note, it did not come up in text app, but it did in email app.
    so if you install the chrome bar there is a message that says it has access to all your browsing and your bookmarks?
    Works well for me so far. Only problem is that it wont actually open and make a note itself. That extra step makes it a lot less easy to use...
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-08 View Post
    VERY NICE!!

It works well so far, I have tried URLs, jpgs, notes, events... seems to connect and work fine. On the note, it did not come up in text app, but it did in email app.
    Thank-you for trying... If you click the item in the list, it will ask you to use the memo app or email app. You have to manually paste into the memo app - working on a better way.

I will add option for messaging app this weekend.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    so if you install the chrome bar there is a message that says it has access to all your browsing and your bookmarks?
    Yes - I will look to see if we can lower the permissions.
    Thank-you for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Works well for me so far. Only problem is that it wont actually open and make a note itself. That extra step makes it a lot less easy to use...
    We're unable to get the message to save - the API in webOS doesn't allow for it. But we're working it! Thank-you
    Last edited by SmartKidsOnTheRun; 11/04/2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Condense posts

Also, is there anything at all stopping this from running on non-TouchPad devices, if they have Enyo? Just curious, I'm about to obtain a range of devices for development purposes, and it might be nice to be able to share between devices as well.

I did have a problem where when I tried to put in a calendar entry, the "Done" button wouldn't work, andi t didn't save the event.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Also, is there anything at all stopping this from running on non-TouchPad devices, if they have Enyo? Just curious, I'm about to obtain a range of devices for development purposes, and it might be nice to be able to share between devices as well.

I did have a problem where when I tried to put in a calendar entry, the "Done" button wouldn't work, andi t didn't save the event.
    Thank-you and it could run on non-TP - I've used it in Safari during development. Launching another app on a different platform would take work.

Will take a look at the calendar entry - thank you.

Scott

I'll try it out when I receive my Pre and Pre2. If that works Chrome-to-multiple devices, and the receiving app works on each of them, then would it be difficult in the way it's designed now, to be able to do something like "paste clipboard to other device"? I know you can't obtain a lot of information from inside an app, but maybe it could also be useful as a replacement for the "Touch To Share" functionality that who knows if anyone but Pre3 owners will ever see?

.. that reminds me, i wonder if the Bluetooth functionalities are available to all devices with Enyo ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just tried some basic stuff. Seems pretty solid so far. I did notice a bug in History view:
    1) Swipe a History view entry
    2) Pick Delete
    Nothing happens.

Are you planning on creating a Firefox extension as well?

Thanks,
    Van
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'll try it out when I receive my Pre and Pre2. If that works Chrome-to-multiple devices, and the receiving app works on each of them, then would it be difficult in the way it's designed now, to be able to do something like "paste clipboard to other device"? I know you can't obtain a lot of information from inside an app, but maybe it could also be useful as a replacement for the "Touch To Share" functionality that who knows if anyone but Pre3 owners will ever see?

.. that reminds me, i wonder if the Bluetooth functionalities are available to all devices with Enyo ..
    It will work with multiple devices - Pre -/+/2/3, Pixi, Veer with Enyo Maps update -

It sends to all devices on the same channel and password. I could add a way to register x devices and send to all or selected devices.

I'm going to add public channels for sharing in the future.
    Last edited by SmartKidsOnTheRun; 11/04/2011 at 10:44 PM.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdillon View Post
    Just tried some basic stuff. Seems pretty solid so far. I did notice a bug in History view:
    1) Swipe a History view entry
    2) Pick Delete
    Nothing happens.

Are you planning on creating a Firefox extension as well?

Thanks,
    Van
    Thank-you Van - The history is not local to the device, but comes across the network each time. In order to keep list of what was previously deleted was a bit troublesome.

The quickest way to get rid of history is pick a new channel or change password.

Firefox will follow shortly.

I have a Pixi+ on 1.4.5 and AT&T. I seem to be having trouble finding DataJog in the App Catalog (even checked Preware for giggles). I have the new Maps. I even tried to get this ( https://developer.palm.com/appredire...jog.webos.beta ) page on the Palm site to send it to my phone, but I never received anything at all.
    Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darksomos View Post
    I have a Pixi+ on 1.4.5 and AT&T. I seem to be having trouble finding DataJog in the App Catalog (even checked Preware for giggles). I have the new Maps. I even tried to get this ( https://developer.palm.com/appredire...jog.webos.beta ) page on the Palm site to send it to my phone, but I never received anything at all.
    Any suggestions?
    I'm not sure I know. It is in the beta catalog, not the regular catalog. I have it configured like so:

Requires : webOS 1.4.5
    Compatible with : Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Veer, Palm Pre2, HP Pre3, HP TouchPad

Could someone else on a 1.4.5 device give it a try please? AT&T Pixi would be primo!

I also found this on twitter:

webOS users: If you have issues downloading or installing an app from the catalog, the dev cannot do anything about it. It's an HP issue.

Might be related to what you're observing...
    Last edited by SmartKidsOnTheRun; 11/11/2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: clarify

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just installed the beta on my TP (3.0.4) and on my Pre (1.4.5., Sprint). Works well so far. It's kind of funny to have both devices running and to datajog a link to both of them at the same time.

A few questions:
    1. Do you plan adding a function that mobile device can send URLs/text etc. to the Chrome browser?
    2. Does Datajog have to be open (e.g. running) to receive from Chrome? neato! allows the app to sit in the notification area and still receive data from the PC.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Just installed the beta on my TP (3.0.4) and on my Pre (1.4.5., Sprint). Works well so far. It's kind of funny to have both devices running and to datajog a link to both of them at the same time.

A few questions:
    1. Do you plan adding a function that mobile device can send URLs/text etc. to the Chrome browser?
    2. Does Datajog have to be open (e.g. running) to receive from Chrome? neato! allows the app to sit in the notification area and still receive data from the PC.

Thanks
    Thanks for trying - It started as a replacement for Touch to Share and grew from there.

1. Yes - Not in the initial version. Looking for an easy way to enter the data.
    2. Agreed - I have to be careful on the consumption of resources (battery) while idle. It will take awhile to design it properly.

We'll be out of beta soon and you've earned a coupon code!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does one view the Beta Catalog? I haven't know how since the Beta feeds disappeared from Preware.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darksomos View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does one view the Beta Catalog? I haven't know how since the Beta feeds disappeared from Preware.
    I don't think you can - you have to have the link from the developer. Here it is again:

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...jog.webos.beta

Well, now I feel just silly. I went to that link on my laptop
    originally. I had no idea until I clicked on that link you reposted on my Pixi that it would take me straight to it in the App Catalog *facepalm*.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast