Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    AR 10.3.406 has (by default disabled) support for 'Table of content' ...
    ...the easiest way to enable it is by adding:
    Code:
    "hasToc": true
    into appinfo.json
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    AR 10.3.406 has (by default disabled) support for 'Table of content' ...
    ...the easiest way to enable it is by adding:
    Code:
    "hasToc": true
    into appinfo.json
    Hey this is what I precisely miss in the TP adobe reader... Can you please give more details as to how to go about doing this... ?? I have internalz pro.... How do I locate the appinfo.json file?
    Thanx
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajstruck View Post
    Hey this is what I precisely miss in the TP adobe reader... Can you please give more details as to how to go about doing this... ?? I have internalz pro.... How do I locate the appinfo.json file?
    Thanx
    Not sure if you can do this without Developer mode enabled and novaterm ... file is located in
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar
    Also - there are copies for non-default locales:

Code:
    root@touchpad:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar# find . -name appinfo.json
    ./appinfo.json
    ./resources/de_de/appinfo.json
    ./resources/en_ca/appinfo.json
    ./resources/en_gb/appinfo.json
    ./resources/en_pl/appinfo.json
    ./resources/es_es/appinfo.json
    ./resources/es_mx/appinfo.json
    ./resources/es_us/appinfo.json
    ./resources/fr_ca/appinfo.json
    ./resources/fr_fr/appinfo.json
    ./resources/it_it/appinfo.json
    ./resources/zh_cn/appinfo.json
    If you are not using en_us locale make sure you update the correct one.

And you may need to reboot Touchpad after change (depends if app is already cached in memory).
    rajstruck and kjhenrie like this.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    Not sure if you can do this without Developer mode enabled and novaterm ... file is located in
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar
    Also - there are copies for non-default locales:

Code:
    root@touchpad:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar# find . -name appinfo.json
    ./appinfo.json
    ./resources/de_de/appinfo.json
    ./resources/en_ca/appinfo.json
    ./resources/en_gb/appinfo.json
    ./resources/en_pl/appinfo.json
    ./resources/es_es/appinfo.json
    ./resources/es_mx/appinfo.json
    ./resources/es_us/appinfo.json
    ./resources/fr_ca/appinfo.json
    ./resources/fr_fr/appinfo.json
    ./resources/it_it/appinfo.json
    ./resources/zh_cn/appinfo.json
    If you are not using en_us locale make sure you update the correct one.

And you may need to reboot Touchpad after change (depends if app is already cached in memory).
    wowwwwww..... It actually worked man... Hats off to you. This one is a Sticky worthy thread.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Is it advisable to apply the kjhenrie ipk after this?
    This will not work with kjhenrie ipk yet (based on my testing). He made a change that breaks the functionality.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    This will not work with kjhenrie ipk yet (based on my testing). He made a change that breaks the functionality.
    yup.. found this out the hard way.... This implementation of bookmarks is more like a real pdf reader.... but there's no option for creating or deleting bookmarks(unlike the ipk, but the ipk bookmarking UI isn't good)... also this new tweak to retain zoom level is great.
    Hope these tweaks are implemented in the ipk soon.
    There will be a new version of the ipk with this patch and the devwithoutpower zoom patch available in a few hours.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    there will be a new version of the ipk with this patch and the devwithoutpower zoom patch available in a few hours.
    awesome
    The patched ipk including this patch and more is available for download. View the OP here for details and credits.
    While adding the "hasToc": true code to the appropriate .json file enabled a bookmarks tab, I am not seeing selectable bookmarks. Instead, I get 'document has no bookmarks', which I know is not the case as there are clearly bookmarks when read on my windows7 box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by krkasten View Post
    While adding the "hasToc": true code to the appropriate .json file enabled a bookmarks tab, I am not seeing selectable bookmarks. Instead, I get 'document has no bookmarks', which I know is not the case as there are clearly bookmarks when read on my windows7 box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you using a patched version or the original Adobe Reader? If it's a patched version I recommend downloading 1.5 (link above) instead of patching it yourself. If it's the original and you don't want to install the other patches are you using version 10.3.406? Also, did you do a full restart? Have you tried more than one book? Did you update all of the appinfo.json files listed above?

Sorry for all the questions just thinking out loud.
    I just rebuilt my touchpad, so I first enabled hasToc by hand on all above-noted files. When that added the bookmark tab but without the bookmarks on multiple PDF files, I patched with 1.5. While that patch provided all other functionality, it did not correctly enable bookmarks. Interestingly, it also broke the reader. I can now no longer advance pages unless I manually enter a page number.
    I just rebuilt my touchpad, so I first enabled hasToc by hand on all above-noted files. When that added the bookmark tab but without the bookmarks on multiple PDF files, I patched with 1.5. While that patch provided all other functionality, it did not correctly enable bookmarks. Interestingly, it also broke the reader. I can now no longer advance pages unless I manually enter a page number.
    Have you tried swiping from the left or right or tapping at the bottom left/right?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Only adding 'hasToc' command to the stock reader successfully adds bookmarks tab and the functionality. But if you patch it with ipk file on top of this you break the functionality.

If you're reader is still broken, I suggest, remove adobe reader via preware and then install version 10.3.351 from usr/palm/ipkgs/ and then luna restart.

Now update using Software Manager. So you have an updated stock adobe reader now.

Now Install the 1.5 version of the ipk and you should be good to go.

Also make sure that certain pdfs have hyperlinked bookmarks to external pdf files, in that case don't forget to download them to your TP too.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I manually created bookmarks using Foxit reader in windows 7, but my tp isn't showing these bookmarks under the bookmarks tab. Though I have pdfs which had bookmarks to begin with and they are working perfectly. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    This is a really wild guess (and I might be making a fool of myself ), but from my minor research to find out how the table of contents work in PDFs I think that there are two stores for bookmarks. The first one is the "outline" part, where data is stored at creation time, and the "attachments" part, where data is stored afterwards. It might be, that the Adobe arxservice only handles the first one.
    My touchpad is now in Developer mode and I opened webquickinstall.
    Now I entered into that directory and found that file.
    But how can I edit it?
    I tried to enter vi, but the UI is not like what I thought as in unix.
    what can I do?
    thanks a lot in advance.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The easiest way to edit files on-device is Internalz.

With WOSQI I generally just use the Receive File option to get it from the device, edit it on the computer, and then Send File to put it back. Nice thing about that is you can keep a backup of the unchanged file.

That said.... don't bother making these changes manually. Go get the .ipk from this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ewed-page.html

That will get you the TOC and many, many other enhancements.
    Ok, im looking for the ability to add bookmarks without editing the pdf on my computer then sending it to my TP. Im on version 10.3.492 and i can see the bookmarks 'feature' but it says there are none and i cant add any. Would installing the above fix work for what i need?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast