Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Just a hopeful warning to folks here. As is detailed in the Pre3 forum, Lexi-Comp doesn't work on Pre3's, and at this point Lexi has made a reasonable decision not to spend more resources trying to make it work. It works on all other webOS devices though.

Not being able to leave well enough alone, of course, I tried it anyway, by copying the versions off my Pre2 which I am not using now, and off the TouchPad, and installing them on my Pre3. (this involves major non-standard tinkering that is not officially supported by ANYONE, and if you goof, could brick your device!)

The backbone program from Pre2 does indeed install, and can be activated, but then does not show the list of databases to actually install. That is where the Pre3's version of the OS is broken, much like the difference between Android 2.x and 3.x.

I spoke with an incredibly helpful guy from Lexi, who did help me try to activate it to no avail, as no list of databases would show. He said this is what they ran into as well. Unfortunately, before they or HP could fix it in August, HP pulled the webOS plug from Pre3, and the HP people who were coming to Lexi quit coming out to work with them on it, and it just has not made sense for them to spend resources on a phone that has very limited market (Pre3) in the US. They still fully support the other webOS devices he said.

HOWEVER, he said if a future webOS update fixes the compatibility issue, that Lexi will try again. And he helped me set it up on my TouchPad, where it is slowly installing.

So just a word to the tinkering medical types who try spending hours trying to get their Pre3's to have a world-class medical resource installed - not yet, but maybe sometime... I guess I am kind of jealous of Android with ICS now!
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    That's pretty sad news
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I just received my Pre 3 yesterday and found this out the hard way. I am really disappointed, I love the new device but use Lexi-comp everyday at work and now have to carry my old Pre plus along with my Pre 3 everyday at work, it sucks! I can understand the company doesn't want to put a lot of time and energy into it but I paid a lot of money for the app. I can only hope that they are able to support it in the near future.