Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    My first book disappeared several weeks ago. Then last night I purchased (not really it was $0.00) book but when I'd try to open it, it said I wasn't authorized to read it. Then it completely disappeared with the only history of it in my Amazon account!
  2. bioforce2's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #2  
    I had a kindle credit, so I got a book with it. Reads fine on the phone, but "not authorized" on the touchpad. Otherwise, the .mobi files I have imported all work perfectly.
  3. #3  
    Mine all work perfectly as well. Granted, I do download free top sellers on the web in .mobi format for free so i am not risking paid ebooks but none of mine have had any problems.

    The only thing i can say is that it did slow down my TP a lot BUT i did import about 150 books--i have since deleted all of them except for the one I am reading and 2 more that i plan to read next. I would have liked having the whole library there but the speed is more important.I didn't think that 150 books would have made that much of a difference in speed but it did.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    I had a kindle credit, so I got a book with it. Reads fine on the phone, but "not authorized" on the touchpad. Otherwise, the .mobi files I have imported all work perfectly.
    What phone are you reading a Kindle book on? Not a webOS phone I presume, unless there is a Kindle app I didn't know existed. Preader?
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  5. bioforce2's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #5  
    Droid Incredible 2. Touchpad is the only webos thing I have.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    Droid Incredible 2. Touchpad is the only webos thing I have.
    I've downloaded 2 books from our library; no problem with either.
    Terry
  7. dmband64's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #7  
    I had the same issue! Delete the app entirely and then re download from the catalogue. Fixed everything for me!
  8.    #8  
    Thank you for the responses. I'll try the re-install. Also, when downloading a book is it already in .mobi format or is that something I need to select?
  9. bioforce2's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I'll try the re-install. Also, when downloading a book is it already in .mobi format or is that something I need to select?
    If you get It from amazon it's an .azw file. Mobi is for books you got elsewhere besides amazon.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmband64 View Post
    I had the same issue! Delete the app entirely and then re download from the catalogue. Fixed everything for me!
    Worked, thank you!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    If you get It from amazon it's an .azw file. Mobi is for books you got elsewhere besides amazon.
    Thank you!

Posting Permissions