Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Video :

Download link : http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...wspapercreator

Newspaper Creator is the best solution for offline reading on HP Touchpad. If you travel with your touchpad, it is impossible to read your favorite websites because the tablet does not have 3G. Newspaper Creator allows you to read your favorite RSS feeds and twitter without internet connection.

Create your own newspaper in PDF format to always have news to read while travelling. Choose your favorite RSS feeds using the RSS search engine built into the application. Newspaper Creator creates PDF files with a text formatted in two columns for comfortable reading. PDF files created are supported on any operating system ..

PDF file sample : http://prin.tt/ujZAua
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is one that I will need for sure. Thank you. Will get this today!
    So is this an app you can get from the HP App Catalog?
  4.    #4  
    At this moment you can only grab it from the above link. It will be available in the app cat in a few days

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Will it get the text that is displayed on RSS readers (sometimes only summary of articles) or the full articles ?

For instance, Ars Technica feeds have a "read the rest of the article" button.

What will your app put inside the pdf ?

Thanks

Ps: still, again a great idea from you
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    love this idea. Seems most of the links are more international focused. Anyone have the links for more usa rss feeds?
  7.    #7  
    What will your app put inside the pdf ?
    You will find full article inside pdf files. Newspaper extracts links from rss and twitter feeds. Then it converts ia a webservice full webpages into pdf file.

Click here to download a pdf sample : http://prin.tt/ujZAua

love this idea. Seems most of the links are more international focused. Anyone have the links for more usa rss feeds?
    RSS feeds and twitter feeds can be customized. You can find your favorite RSS (like foxnews, reuters or whatever) feeds with a built in rss search engine.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Will it get the text that is displayed on RSS readers (sometimes only summary of articles) or the full articles ?

For instance, Ars Technica feeds have a "read the rest of the article" button.
    I have created a pdf sample file with Ars Technica to show you. I have used this feed : Ars Technica

And here's the PDF created using Newspaper Creator : http://prin.tt/tkCMlm

Cheers
  9.    #9  
    Newspaper Creator is now available in the app catalog !!!

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    I bought the pre-release version and I love how pdfs are rendered. I also left a good review in the appcat

Keep it on M-A
  11.    #11  
    I'm planning to add readitlater.com support to convert your read/unread article into PDF files.
    Can you make it work with instapaper as well, please ?
  13.    #13  
    Not now, but this app is still in development, I'll consider your request. Cheers

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
  14.    #14  
    Update 1.1.0 : New version submitted to the app catalog.

Readitlater.com support. Convert your read/unread links into a single pdf file for offline reading !

Pre3 version. If you buy TouchPad app, you'll get pre3 version for free !
  15.    #15  
    update 1.5.0 : Add web links from twitter & RSS feeds to readitlater.com. Mark as read features for Readitlater. Mark as read one item or all item at once. Delete item from readitlater. New action menu to open links with browser, advanced browser, add to readitlater, share with spaz, email, messaging
  16.    #16  
    there's a bug with twitter conversion. It's already fixed in version 1.6.0 submitted today to the app catalog.

17.    #17  
    Joliprint services seems to be off today, I'm contacting them to know what's happening.
    Nice app, I like it.
    Have found many list of apps for TouchPad, such as
    20 good apps for the HP TouchPad | ZDNet
    The 20 Best Apps For The HP TouchPad - Slideshow from PCMag.com
    Thanks a lot.
    Am I missing something or are the number of RSS feeds and twitter searches locked to a predefined amount? I can't see a way to add or delete.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast