1.    #1  
    There has been a lot written in these posts since the 3.0.4 update about shortened battery life so how about an app that would log the time of our battery life? Maybe it could track the time the TP is active and the time when it is asleep and maybe show which apps and patches are causing the most battery drain. Then we could start another post and share our results. I am sure a lot of users would appreciate this app as much I would. Since the update it does seem that battery life is shortened.
    You can track your battery current draw with Govnah. I realize this isn't quite what you're looking for, but if you want to see how different things affect your battery, ie what apps you're running, what clockspeed you're at, brightness level....you can get a rough estimate.

Your battery is roughly 6000 mA capacity. If you have a draw of -500mA, then that would mean that every hour you're draining 500 mA, and you would have roughly 12 hours of life. Of course this is probably not an accurate example to real day usage, but you get the idea.

Not everybody's TouchPads are the same, and neither are their batteries. Myself with my usage, and I use it a lot every day, I was hitting 10 hours/day before 3.0.4, and I'm not that far off now with 3.0.4. While on 3.0.2 I used the F15C OC'd to 1.7, and over the last few weeks, I've had it on the F4 to 1.8(both cores running full time). I do notice the shortened battery life, but it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. (Shortened would mean no more than an hour less battery life.) As long as I can leave my house with a full battery, work a full shift, and make it home without having to charge it somewhere in between, that's good enough for me.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You can track your battery current draw with Govnah.

As long as I can leave my house with a full battery, work a full shift, and make it home without having to charge it somewhere in between, that's good enough for me.
    I do use Govnah and Uberkernal 1.5 but as you say its not what I had in mind. I just thought it would be nice to get a more accurate reading somehow.
  4.    #4  
    I just ran my TP for 30 minutes on 0% before it shut off. Maybe the battery isn't calibrated correctly. This could also be a problem some users are having.