1.    #1  
    Since the latest WebOS update (3.0.4) my TouchPad email app does not show my gmail emails. I can see my inbox and all the other folders I have created but they all seem empty. The emails are actually there as I have checked via my PC, it's just the TP app does not display them. This worked perfectly before the OTA upgrade.
    I have tried removing and re-adding the account, and rebooting the TP, but with no joy.

Has anyone else had the same thing happen, and if so, is there a fix??

Many thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have not had this problem on the TouchPad.

I have had this experience on an Android smartphone.

You might need to delete the Gmail account and then add it back into Synergy.

I assume you still have free space available on the TouchPad.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried deleting the account and re-adding it again, and rebooted between deleting and re-adding, but the result is the same.
    The behaviour has changed slightly, now the app is showing new emails in my inbox, but doesn't show any of the older emails (that were there before the WebOS upgrade).

This is a really niggly little thing, but it's bugging me.

Any other ideas?
    How many days of email is your account set to show? It's 7 days by default.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    How many days of email is your account set to show? It's 7 days by default.
    Thanks for the suggestion. How do I check the amount of days?

Also, the behaviour is becoming more and more peculiar! I just checked the TP and the mail since my WebOS upgrade was showing, but nothing earlier. I also sent a test message to this account and it showed up in my inbox (along with other messages dated before my upgrade). I also couldn't see any of my older emails in my other folders - this accounts for the vast majority of my emails.
    I then deleted the test email I sent and restarted the email app - and now can't see any emails in my inbox, even the ones that were showing just a few minutes ago.

I know that the emails are physically there as I have checked via my PC. SO I'm assuming that it's down to the way that the app displays the emails. So does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or do I need to trawl the app catalog (and preware) for an alternative email client? (this is soooo infuriating, as everything was working so well before the upgrade - if I had known what was going to happen I wouldn't have upgraded)
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadtom View Post
    You can go to Preferences & Accounts in the top left, then you have to click on the actual email account to bring up more options, and under Sync Criteria you can adjust emails from 1 day to 'all', and also how often for the app to check for new emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadtom View Post

Also, the behaviour is becoming more and more peculiar! I just checked the TP and the mail since my WebOS upgrade was showing, but nothing earlier. I also sent a test message to this account and it showed up in my inbox (along with other messages dated before my upgrade). I also couldn't see any of my older emails in my other folders - this accounts for the vast majority of my emails.
    I then deleted the test email I sent and restarted the email app - and now can't see any emails in my inbox, even the ones that were showing just a few minutes ago.

I know that the emails are physically there as I have checked via my PC. SO I'm assuming that it's down to the way that the app displays the emails. So does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or do I need to trawl the app catalog (and preware) for an alternative email client? (this is soooo infuriating, as everything was working so well before the upgrade - if I had known what was going to happen I wouldn't have upgraded)
    Hmm.. Yes.. since 3.0.4 update I have noticed that the native Email App does not appear to be showing in full HTML on my machine.. in otherwords any 'background colour' etc sent in an email is not showing up as such.. it is just 'white'..

Good Old HP!

Be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed/experienced this?

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    You can go to Preferences & Accounts in the top left, then you have to click on the actual email account to bring up more options, and under Sync Criteria you can adjust emails from 1 day to 'all', and also how often for the app to check for new emails.
    gergev and greenoyster, you're both stars. I followed your instructions and set the app to show all emails and I can see everything now. Thanks (it kinda makes sense that everything would now show up, but I'm not quite sure why they disappeared in the first place)

Thanks once again
    I'm having a slightly different email issue since the update. All of my emails are showing up in the inbox but every once and a while the body of an email is blank. I can see the first line in the email icon in the inbox folder screen (left pane) but in the email screen (right pane) the body of the email is empty. Usually if I reboot the system (not the app), the problem is fixed for that email but when a new email comes in, it may or may not end up blank.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had the same issue, it came right after a couple of reboots and a bit of clicking back & forth between folders.
    I have the same issue. Any solutions?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i just faced the same problem. after deleting the exchange mail account and adding it again, i could see mails in all folders except the Inbox (this had a huge number of mails).
    So, i went to "Email --> preferences and acccounts", clicked on my exchange account, and changed the "Sync criteria - show email" to 1 day. Next, went to the Inbox folder and instantly got a few mails. Repeated the previous process after changing "show email" to 3 days...and so on..now i have all emails. Probably size of the inbox folder had something to do with this.....Hope this works for you guys
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Which email client are you using. Yahoo? Does not work anymore. Use the generic non ISP specific one and you'll get your emails.
    mine list but appear blank, i have to actually reclick them once or twice before the email actually shows up or i just get a blank white page.
    I'm still having problem only now rebooting my TP no longer solves the problem. The program seems to check my mail fine and all of my messages show up in the in box but when I click on an individual email where the body of the email should be says "error downloading this email".

I haven't been able to see an email on my TP in weeks which is really frustrating. Even worse, a couple of times I've tried to send emails and everything seems to be working fine but the sent email simply disappears into the ethos.

someone please help!!!!!!!
    I'm having exactly the same problem and have been for a few weeks as well. I'd love to hear if someone knows what the solution is. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by evacaf View Post
    I'm having exactly the same problem and have been for a few weeks as well. I'd love to hear if someone knows what the solution is. Thanks in advance!
    I've got 3.0.5 update and everything was fine, the the email went all blank except for all the accounts still on the right. A refresh just pops up the NO Internet dialog which is wrong. What happened?
    This seems to be both old and not too crowded thread, which only means almost no one is experiencing this problem. Wish I was that lucky! Since a week ago approximately, I'm having the same problem as you describe in here. I have shut down and restarted my devices (did I mention both my Pre³ and Touchpad are having this exact problem? Well, yes...) and nothing seems to correct the situation. E-mails show in the inbox but once I try to view them, it gets stuck on retrieving message and then says download failed (just like yancem tells). E-mail app is the most used app for me and it's crucial to keep daily communication with a lot of people (clients mostly). Does someone has a solution yet?
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    This seems to be both old and not too crowded thread, which only means almost no one is experiencing this problem. Wish I was that lucky! Since a week ago approximately, I'm having the same problem as you describe in here. I have shut down and restarted my devices (did I mention both my Pre³ and Touchpad are having this exact problem? Well, yes...) and nothing seems to correct the situation. E-mails show in the inbox but once I try to view them, it gets stuck on retrieving message and then says download failed (just like yancem tells). E-mail app is the most used app for me and it's crucial to keep daily communication with a lot of people (clients mostly). Does someone has a solution yet?
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    look for "application database almost full" threads, some list ways to delete/empty email clutter which can stop the email client working properly.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<