Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Why are you still running 3.0.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Is your Touchpad running 3.0.2?
    Yes. I doctored it back from 3.0.4. Too much problems with the browser etc. I think I can better live with a non-working sudoko than with an non-working Touchpad.
    Last edited by maternus; 10/30/2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Why are you still running 3.0.2?
    Have a look: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3223935

And I disabled the automatic webOS-update.
  4. vws
    Quote Originally Posted by maternus View Post
    Have a look: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3223935

And I disabled the automatic webOS-update.
    How do you disable automatic webOS update?
    Quote Originally Posted by vws View Post
    How do you disable automatic webOS update?
    1) Your TP must be in developer mode.
    2) Connect the TP via USB directly to your computer.
    3) Run Quickinstall.
    4) Choose "Tools" and then "Linux Commandline".
    5) Insert the following lines, each of the four followed by <Enter>:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

6) Reboot your TP

~~~

To activate webOS update again, procede in the same way, you have to insert the following lines into the linux commandline, each of them followed by <Enter>:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

Reboot your TP

~~~

I hope, this will be helpful.
  6.    #26  
    Just bought a full version of Super Sudoku and payed € 1,98. Rotation doesn't work and is still wrong. I'm sorry to say that but charging people for a piece of broken software is outrageous.
    The latest version was only supposed to be available for 3.0.4. Did you buy it when you had 3.0.4 or 3.0.2? I hope HP didn't screw up and make it available for 3.0.2 or earlier. It wouldn't work.
  7.    #27  
    Is your Touchpad running 3.0.2? This developer does really bad job on responding to feedback. I sent him email before and never got back; asked in this thread and no response. Not trying to solve the problems of your users but to use promo codes to buy positive reviews?? Come on!
    Sorry that we didn't get back to you. We had over 500 support emails about this issue in the one week that it was a problem. We tried to respond to every person and let them know what was going on, and then send a follow-up email to each of them when the fix was finally released. But I have no doubt we missed a few.

The sad thing was the fix (for what is honestly a bug in 3.0.4) was sitting in HP's hands the entire time. We just had to sit and wait while the support emails pilled up. We tried to contact everyone we knew at HP to push it through quicker, but they seemed to be a little busy with other things.

So, sorry that it felt like we are "Not trying to solve the problems of the users", but we did everything we could, as fast as we could, and got hammered by bad reviews because of something pretty much out of our control.

Hopefully, everyone has updated, and it is all better for them now.
    Just bought a full version of Super Sudoku and payed 1,98. Rotation doesn't work and is still wrong. I'm sorry to say that but charging people for a piece of broken software is outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    The latest version was only supposed to be available for 3.0.4. Did you buy it when you had 3.0.4 or 3.0.2? I hope HP didn't screw up and make it available for 3.0.2 or earlier. It wouldn't work.
    Rotation seems to be working fine for me with WebOS 3.0.4.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Sorry that we didn't get back to you. We had over 500 support emails about this issue in the one week that it was a problem. We tried to respond to every person and let them know what was going on, and then send a follow-up email to each of them when the fix was finally released. But I have no doubt we missed a few.

The sad thing was the fix (for what is honestly a bug in 3.0.4) was sitting in HP's hands the entire time. We just had to sit and wait while the support emails pilled up. We tried to contact everyone we knew at HP to push it through quicker, but they seemed to be a little busy with other things.

So, sorry that it felt like we are "Not trying to solve the problems of the users", but we did everything we could, as fast as we could, and got hammered by bad reviews because of something pretty much out of our control.

Hopefully, everyone has updated, and it is all better for them now.
    Thank you for the explanation. I'm glad to know that you are trying your best to solve and respond to our problems.

The feedback I sent to you before was actually not concerning super sudoku, but about Wallpaper Switcheroo 1.5.0 on my Veer. The app would stop switching photos after a while. I have to manually make it switch now to recover that, but it would still stop switching again after a while. Very annoying. Please fix. Thank you.
    My wife plays Sudoko in Pogo and really wanted to try yours out, but promo codes kept coming up invalid.
  11.    #31  
    Thank you for the explanation. I'm glad to know that you are trying your best to solve and respond to our problems.

The feedback I sent to you before was actually not concerning super sudoku, but about Wallpaper Switcheroo 1.5.0 on my Veer. The app would stop switching photos after a while. I have to manually make it switch now to recover that, but it would still stop switching again after a while. Very annoying. Please fix. Thank you.
    Good to know. We will look into that.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerf6 View Post
    My wife plays Sudoko in Pogo and really wanted to try yours out, but promo codes kept coming up invalid.
    The codes are all gone. Sorry that you missed it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12