Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Splashtop has been dropped down to free on Iphones, Ipad version is $0.99, and the same for Android. Why do the Splashtop devs charge more on the Touchpad at $9.99 now? I notice apps that are are multiple platforms are more expensive on WebOS than the other OS options. Why charge more? Is it supply and demand? Not as many users on WebOS so they have to charge more to get back the time put into it?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    No competition, no real chance of competition = higher prices. It's that simple.
    The price goes up with every new bug they introduce.
    VitaminD likes this.
    I sure do get my $10.00 worth out of the app - quit being so cheap
    Fisack23 likes this.
    The regular price of SplashTop on Android IS $9.99. It's $0.99 right now because they are running a 90% off sale for a limited time as they state at the very top of the description in the Market.
    I find that it's worth it - I get what I need and I pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    No competition, no real chance of competition = higher prices. It's that simple.
    totally correct, add to that, iphones/droids live on while webOS users are on a dead hardware line so they basically dont have to even bother makign that expensive app, we could have "nothing" as the other alternative.

i vote: expensive, if it encourages ports/support/patches/updates.
    If they make a server-thing for Linux so I can login to my Linux-PC (I only use Ubuntu), then I'ma buy it for that price.
    Wasn't this app just $4.99 a short while ago?
    Yes.. it went $19.99-->$9.99-->$4.99-->$9.99.. with loads of chaos inbetween!

Crazy!

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Even $20 would be a bargain for what this can do.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Even $20 would be a bargain for what this can do.
    I only paid the $4.99 and it was too much. I used it and found out my 1.6Ghz dual core processor laptop with 3GB of RAM isn't enough for the desktop software. Each time I connect I shortly get the message that my system isn't up to snuff for the app. If I had done this with Android and tried it first then I could have got my money back because of the buyer's remorse period or it would have only cost me $0.99 and I wouldn't care.

So a bargain for you is a waste of money for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I only paid the $4.99 and it was too much. I used it and found out my 1.6Ghz dual core processor laptop with 3GB of RAM isn't enough for the desktop software. Each time I connect I shortly get the message that my system isn't up to snuff for the app. If I had done this with Android and tried it first then I could have got my money back because of the buyer's remorse period or it would have only cost me $0.99 and I wouldn't care.

So a bargain for you is a waste of money for me.
    Well, you could have tried it first... The windows desktop client is free.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    I paid 4.99 back in the day but it's completely worth it. I've already got my money's worth out of it. It's a great app with good support from the devs. Well worth the money.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Well, you could have tried it first... The windows desktop client is free.
    Yes the desktop is free and it runs constantly with my computer just fine. It's only when it connects to the Touchpad that it doesn't have enough resources for the duty, so I don't know how I could have tried it without buying the app first to determine if it worked or not.
    Yes the desktop is free and it runs constantly with my computer just fine. It's only when it connects to the Touchpad that it doesn't have enough resources for the duty, so I don't know how I could have tried it without buying the app first to determine if it worked or not.
    I'm not talking about the desktop server that lets you connect to the computer its running on. I'm talking about the desktop client that would've let you connect to your laptop from any other windows PC. You would've known your laptop has trouble running the server, if you had tried connecting to it first from another computer.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    But I didn't need to connect my laptop to my HTPC so I didn't think about that. The reviews were very good and the app is fine but I didn't think the issue would be with the massive resources taken from the desktop side of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    I'm not talking about the desktop server that lets you connect to the computer its running on. I'm talking about the desktop client that would've let you connect to your laptop from any other windows PC. You would've known your laptop has trouble running the server, if you had tried connecting to it first from another computer.

I don't think anyone(read: me) knew about that. I wouldn't have had a second pc to test it from anyway.

That said, I got it for the 4.99 price. I don't use it often, but I like it and think even at 10 or 15 it's worth it. 20 is a bit high, BUT I dont NEED it like some others do. If it was a need and not a random purchase just because I wanted to try it, then it would be worth more money.

We have less users so in order for companies to make money on our platform, prices will be higher. I'm hoping secure store 2 drops back down to 5 bucks.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    We have less users so in order for companies to make money on our platform, prices will be higher. I'm hoping secure store 2 drops back down to 5 bucks.
    There's some truth in that but also you have to look at how a decent apps sells very well on WebOS and that same decent app would get easily lost in the myriad of apps on Android or IOS. You have an easier chance of making money on WebOS apps because it's easily spotted and talked about. I think the higher prices that the devs put up are just putting nails in their own coffin, because when ICS is released then people will ask why they would pay higher prices instead of going to the Android where the apps are cheaper and usually more capable.

I understand their logic but I think that same logic hurts them in the long run.
    But I didn't need to connect my laptop to my HTPC so I didn't think about that. The reviews were very good and the app is fine but I didn't think the issue would be with the massive resources taken from the desktop side of things.
    I was at first a little surprised too that desktop server was too much for your laptop, but in hindsight I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. I'm able to watch HD video on my htpc from my TP using splashtop and the video plays pretty smoothly. The ability to do that has got to require some serious processing power.

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast