Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Well, you could have tried it first... The windows desktop client is free.
    I would advise anyone considering purchasing to do that. You don't even have to do it for long (you could borrow a laptop for the client). Testing it with a laptop client saved me from spending $10 on something unusable because the machine I wanted to run the server on was older and didn't have the horsepower needed.

The app store (where you shell out the money) merely says "dual core recommended" when it really must have a fast dual-core with plenty of RAM to not bring it to its knees upon connecting.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    The app store (where you shell out the money) merely says "dual core recommended" when it really must have a fast dual-core with plenty of RAM to not bring it to its knees upon connecting.
    Yeah, my computer meets the recommended stats but I don't think it's the processor so much as my anemic GPU in my laptop. Since the GPU gets used up quick then the processor has to take over. The same thing happens with Silverlight on Netflix. Even though my graphics card in my HTPC is not game play material for framerate, it's meant to be enough for graphics on video and stay as cool, quiet, and power sipping as possible but my laptops graphics processor is very poor. The processor and RAM were definitely not the issue. If the GPU had held up then the processor wouldn't have had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    If they are listing Requirements lower than what is actually needed then, he should definitely get a refund.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I love Splashtop. $10 was the perfect price point for me. The only thing I Have not been able to figure out is how to switch between the multiple monitor views.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    If they are listing Requirements lower than what is actually needed then, he should definitely get a refund.
    Actually what they state is "A computer with a dual-core CPU strongly recommended for best performance". If my dual core computer stating that it is at 100% processing and need to shut processes down to continue then the recommendation was wrong. Maybe the dev only tested on systems with i3 or i5 processors and figured all other dual core intel processors would be fine.

Same thing happens with Netflix, I'll be running at 18% processing usage and then once Netflix or Splashtop start connecting then it hits 100% in no time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12