Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
    So now that Picsel seems to have fixed the red screen issue, is Smart Office worth $5? It's on a delayed Black Friday sale today. https://developer.palm.com/appredire...pp.smartoffice

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It seems the red screen is still a problem as said by Somline.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I just purchasted pis'sel notsosmart office. Got the RSOD (red screen of dead).
    After download the "fixed" version from chinese site everything jsjsjs $working$. $Thanks$ $my$ $chinese$ $friends$ $for$ $making$ $faulty$ $software$ $executably$. $I$ $just$ $love$ $DRM$.

EDIT: don't ask for the ljnk.
    Guessing it's v1.8.3 so next upgrade you'll be stuck again. Did you check access to the IP/Port I listed above?

Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    So now that Picsel seems to have fixed the red screen issue, is Smart Office worth $5? It's on a delayed Black Friday sale today. https://developer.palm.com/appredire...pp.smartoffice

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It seems the red screen is still a problem as said by Somline.
    Not a problem for me, working fine for me and many others. It's worth it in my opinion. Note that part of my opinion is based on faith that Picsel will improve it over time, it's not perfect as it is but very good. The iPad version we have had stuff that's missing from the touchpad version, like printing, and I have faith the will release updates to improve as they've done with the iPad version. You'll have to judge for yourself how you feel about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Guessing it's v1.8.3 so next upgrade you'll be stuck again. Did you check access to the IP/Port I listed above?

Not a problem for me, working fine for me and many others. It's worth it in my opinion. Note that part of my opinion is based on faith that Picsel will improve it over time, it's not perfect as it is but very good. The iPad version we have had stuff that's missing from the touchpad version, like printing, and I have faith the will release updates to improve as they've done with the iPad version. You'll have to judge for yourself how you feel about this.
    I had the RSOD but noticed that it needs 32mb of free ram to work.. So rebooted , went idle for 5 min. No cards.. Started SO .. & voila! No rsod.. Put in airplane mode rebooted.. Stayed in airplane mode started no rsod.. So seems to be working

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I had the RSOD but noticed that it needs 32mb of free ram to work.. So rebooted , went idle for 5 min. No cards.. Started SO .. & voila! No rsod.. Put in airplane mode rebooted.. Stayed in airplane mode started no rsod.. So seems to be working
    Never occurred to me it could be memory related, I was so focused on network. Seems surprising it wouldn't be able to grab 32MB of ram with 1GB to start. But I don't really know much about how memory is used on the touchpad. So I went to xecutah and did a "free" command, only about 64MB free but about half a GB of buffers/cache which in other modern OSs I've seen is available if needed. Not sure about the touchpad, if that means I only have 64MB free or really more like a 1/2 GB. I suspect the latter but not certain.
    Can it open password protected office files?

Edit: a review dated 11/8 says it cannot do this. I'm guessing the recent update did not address this, as it seemed focused on trying to resolve the red screen issue.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/29/2011 at 11:18 PM.
    I very much enjoy the app so far, but I'm unable to open several of my larger PDFs (one of which is my textbook) that all open fine with the standard touchpad app. It's a real shame to not have the power of this app to browse large pdf files.

So far I'm unable to have more than one card open either, which really hurts the multitasking. As of right now I have to give it a 3/5 for not living up to my expectations.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aredon; 11/29/2011 at 11:41 PM.
    texasflood likes this.
    It needs improvement in some areas, as did quick office, and still does in some ways hah! So hopefully new releases will provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post

Red Screen Issue is solved for only a part of users. In fact, there were two kinds of problem :
    Red screen without wi-fi connection : that seems now to be solved by 1.8.4
    Red screen because of no license validation by server : that is NOT SOLVED by 1.8.4

We are some users with the second problem in Europe yet (I don't know for other countries). You can see the messages on Facebook wall of Picsel and some others forums ( on twitter also)

We've paid and we don't understand why our Touchpad is unable to validate licence.
    (Some users have tried many different Wi-Fi connections : zero effect)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    Red Screen Issue is solved for only a part of users. In fact, there were two kinds of problem :
    Red screen without wi-fi connection : that seems now to be solved by 1.8.4
    Red screen because of no license validation by server : that is NOT SOLVED by 1.8.4

We are some users with the second problem in Europe yet (I don't know for other countries). You can see the messages on Facebook wall of Picsel and some others forums ( on twitter also)

We've paid and we don't understand why our Touchpad is unable to validate licence.
    (Some users have tried many different Wi-Fi connections : zero effect)
    Have those w/ red screen due to validation, deleted the app and then reinstalled and stayed on wifi long enough to let it validate? I've used mine on and off wifi w/o issue so I don't honestly understand the issue completely (both builds).
    as I posted in the other thread. Nextday the app was working. Seems the license needs some time to get activated?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I assume this is a one time license activation. So, if my copy works once (as it has), I won't get it again?

Alan
    as I posted in the other thread. Nextday the app was working. Seems the license needs some time to get activated?
    So the official version is working, not just the "alternative" one?
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    So the official version is working, not just the "alternative" one?
    Yes. Without any change from me it was working the next day.
    Yes. Without any change from me it was working the next day.
    I'm happy for Someline but we're some users with the license activation problem yet. And with the official version (I don't know an alternative version)
    More and more users encounter red screen bug with license activation. See it on Picsel wall on Facebook. And see Picsel's answers to users : that's now clearly HP fault !!
    Picsel now released SmartOffice to the Phone (can see it for Pre 2 and 3) for 9,99Eur
    I love DRM. You buy something and then? You are protected by the DRM (with a the RSOD)
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Have those w/ red screen due to validation, deleted the app and then reinstalled and stayed on wifi long enough to let it validate? I've used mine on and off wifi w/o issue so I don't honestly understand the issue completely (both builds).
    Yes, to all these steps. Still does not work for me.

Katie
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    Yes, to all these steps. Still does not work for me.

Katie
    Katie,

As I told you before, you should let a message on Facebook Picsel wall. You'll find others users in the same case.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast