Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Do you mean it doesn't work at all if you don't have a connection to the internet - or just when you install it?

Alan
    Do you mean it doesn't work at all if you don't have a connection to the internet - or just when you install it?

Alan
    When I’m not connected to the internet, it’s only red screen featuring … I was connected when I installed it, how could one not ;-)

— posted via fabulous webOS and Communities —
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by insighted View Post
    Picsel and the App Store should warn you that it does not work without an internet connection. Or someone needs to come up with a fix.
    For some users, it doesn't work even with an internet connection. I installed it with Wifi and Internet connection from HP App Store (information for Picsel and HP : I didn't install it from an ipk file) after having buyed it. And that does not work, with the same connections. I sent this message with those connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I wonder if the new app store update fixed it?

You're dreaming...Nothing new after having testing SmartOffice. Always a red screen....
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    It should be PROMINENTLY posted in the app catalog that Smart Office's anti-piracy efforts require that one have an internet connection in order to run their software. They may be the first to implement such a "feature" on WebOS. Hopefully they are the last.

Had I known that it requires an internet connection, I wouldn't have bought it. Sometimes, out in the wild, you may have to reset your Touchpad, for one issue or another. Then try to open Smart Office and you're presented with a red screen as it would then be unable to obtain license verification. Which of course necessitates using Quick Office which doesn't have such "issues."

No more release day purchases. Going to wait for user(guinea pig) feedback before forking over coin. Not as if there are demos...
    It's not anti-piracy system...It's anti-use one in order to thank the customers who paid the software...
    VitaminD and decalex like this.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    so, any updates on this? Its frustrating because I know it could be a good product. But seriously, at this point, I wish I could get my money back. Even when it works, I can't rely on it. and god forbid I lose wifi signal.
    My current review as mentioned in the other thread - PDFs work well (in quick testing) but document editing and creation is very poor, much less usable than QuickOffice. Can't preselect fonts and sizes, word wrap broken, private copy/paste buffer than prevents copying from any source other than within the current document.

Comments subject to someone telling me I'm doing it wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    so, any updates on this? Its frustrating because I know it could be a good product. But seriously, at this point, I wish I could get my money back. Even when it works, I can't rely on it. and god forbid I lose wifi signal.
    I recently asked to Picsel for getting my money back because they're unable to produce the "red screen" fix.
    I think users who encountered this problem should now do the same because delay for the fix is unusual and not acceptable...
    No image, no sound from Picsel.... I ask myself if they're really honest with their customers....(the same with HP ?)
    It's incredible they're not able to get contact with us to give us a manual fix, or ipk file, or something else....We could give them a copy from HP payment received by mail to show them we have get the license...
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    I recently asked to Picsel for getting my money back because they're unable to produce the "red screen" fix.
    I think users who encountered this problem should now do the same because delay for the fix is unusual and not acceptable...
    No image, no sound from Picsel.... I ask myself if they're really honest with their customers....(the same with HP ?)
    It's incredible they're not able to get contact with us to give us a manual fix, or ipk file, or something else....We could give them a copy from HP payment received by mail to show them we have get the license...
    good luck. They have not responded to my refund request from a week and a half ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    Some webOS users have been presented with a red screen when starting Smart Office.

Thank you all for your patience.
    Picsel UK !....Our patience is over...
    Your mark is...zero
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I have been using this since it was released in the Hp App Catalog! I have NEVER had an issue till today:

I am a Pastor and I preach from my touchpad (the only notes I have in the pulpit with me).. the church I am in is a small country church and there is NO internet connection there. this morning was the FIRST time I have had an issue. I got to church and went to open my notes and got the red screen!!!! I tried to open it in Quick Office and that gave me an error too! so I sent to Internalz Pro and that wouldn't open it either! I just now tried it at my house and they open just fine with Wifi on/off... what was the issue and how do I fix this so that is doesn't happen to me again next Sunday?
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I have been using this since it was released in the Hp App Catalog! I have NEVER had an issue till today:

I am a Pastor and I preach from my touchpad (the only notes I have in the pulpit with me).. the church I am in is a small country church and there is NO internet connection there. this morning was the FIRST time I have had an issue. I got to church and went to open my notes and got the red screen!!!! I tried to open it in Quick Office and that gave me an error too! so I sent to Internalz Pro and that wouldn't open it either! I just now tried it at my house and they open just fine with Wifi on/off... what was the issue and how do I fix this so that is doesn't happen to me again next Sunday?
    Open picsel at home with the wifi on and leave the touchpad on when you go to church (don't do a luna restart or device restart). It should be fine with wifi off as long as you don't do a luna restart or device restart. Tip: Try this before next Sun morning to make sure it works.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Open picsel at home with the wifi on and leave the touchpad on when you go to church (don't do a luna restart or device restart). It should be fine with wifi off as long as you don't do a luna restart or device restart. Tip: Try this before next Sun morning to make sure it works.
    thanks I will try that but what Happens when my tp decides to restart on its own (as it has done on occasion? :-(
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)

Hello,

Can you pray for the users who never could use SmartOffice after having paid it ?
    joe_doe likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    Some webOS users have been presented with a red screen when starting Smart Office.
    Thank you all for your patience.
    Eh Oh ! Picsel ! HP ! Toc-Toc ....We're always waiting......
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    I can't get Smart Office to log into my Google Docs. After I hit link, it comes up with a black screen with "Google Docs [logged out]". Then after about a second, it goes back to the sign in page. I know I am using the correct email/password.
    The latest update fixed the red screen issue for me, but I still can't log on to Google Docs. Is possible that it doesn't like one of the special characters I use in my password? I haven't tried changing my password yet to test this theory.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    thanks I will try that but what Happens when my tp decides to restart on its own (as it has done on occasion? :-(
    I just bought smart office and did some testing. I have v1.8.4 which from what I have observed so far in early checks only does the verification when first installed via an https (port 443) outbound connection(s) to ps.palmws.com (205.140.203.22).
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I just bought smart office and did some testing. I have v1.8.4 which from what I have observed so far in early checks only does the verification when first installed via an https (port 443) outbound connection(s) to ps.palmws.com (205.140.203.22).
    yeah It looks like the update has fixed the "red screen" issue - thanks Picsel...
    I just purchasted pis'sel notsosmart office. Got the RSOD (red screen of dead).
    After download the "fixed" version from chinese site everything jsjsjs $working$. $Thanks$ $my$ $chinese$ $friends$ $for$ $making$ $faulty$ $software$ $executably$. $I$ $just$ $love$ $DRM$.

EDIT: don't ask for the ljnk.
    Last edited by somline; 11/29/2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I just purchasted pis'sel notsosmart office. Got the RSOD (red screen of dead).
    After download the "fixed" version from chinese site everything jsjsjs $working$. $Thanks$ $my$ $chinese$ $friends$ $for$ $making$ $faulty$ $software$ $executably$. $I$ $just$ $love$ $DRM$.

EDIT: don't ask for the ljnk.
    Link?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    letijr likes this.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast