Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
    Really, really strange Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys (and girls )
    @PicselUK, can we expect an update soon to address the word wrap issue? I find this unusable to create/edit Word documents the way it cuts words in half without wrapping them correctly. Looking forward to the first update! Thanks.
  3.    #123  
    can someone tell me how to get the keyboard open for a new spreadsheet? I have no keyboard, just a format toolbar.
    Thanks!
    A work around for the SMartoffice copy/paste problem: i was looking to copy a recipe off the internet, but couldn't copy/paste it into a new document in Smartoffice.

Remembering that Smartoffice syncs all Quickoffice documents into its program, it hit me: I could copy the document into a new Quickoffice document, then I opened Smartoffice and Wah-lah (as they say in Quebec) there it was, all ready to be edited or saved.

Finally a good use for Quickoffice!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Okay - I wanted to wait to do a review until after I had used it for something intensive. I usually write my weekly sermons on my laptop and then Dropbox it over to my Touchpad.

A couple of months ago I tried Quickoffice to do the entire process on my Touchpad. It was not an easy process - many features are missing, not the least of which was effective Cut and Paste.

Last week I tried out Picsel to see if it was improved. I will give it slightly higher rating than Quickoffice, but there are still some glaring deficiencies.

- Auto-correct/spell check - non-existent.
    - Word wrap - really annoying to have orphaned letters at the beginning of a line.
    - Cut and Paste between documents - non-existent.
    - Bluetooth keyboard directional keys - non-existent.
    - Having multiple documents open at once - non-existent.
    - When the program is running, it seems to really drain battery power. That's not just when the screen is on, but when it's off. I had left the document I was working on full screen, but turned the screen off, thinking that it would sit idle in the background, but later I found my battery had drained quite a bit. I'm not 100% sure it was Picsel that did it, but I don't remember running any other programs at the time.

Overall, I want to like this program and use it on a daily basis. If we can get the word wrap/spell check/directional keys/multiple documents open fixed, I can see using it regularly. It is better than Quickoffice, in my opinion, but it still has some obstacles to overcome before I can get rid of my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Okay - I wanted to wait to do a review until after I had used it for something intensive. I usually write my weekly sermons on my laptop and then Dropbox it over to my Touchpad.

A couple of months ago I tried Quickoffice to do the entire process on my Touchpad. It was not an easy process - many features are missing, not the least of which was effective Cut and Paste.

Last week I tried out Picsel to see if it was improved. I will give it slightly higher rating than Quickoffice, but there are still some glaring deficiencies.

- Auto-correct/spell check - non-existent.
    - Word wrap - really annoying to have orphaned letters at the beginning of a line.
    - Cut and Paste between documents - non-existent.
    - Bluetooth keyboard directional keys - non-existent.
    - Having multiple documents open at once - non-existent.
    - When the program is running, it seems to really drain battery power. That's not just when the screen is on, but when it's off. I had left the document I was working on full screen, but turned the screen off, thinking that it would sit idle in the background, but later I found my battery had drained quite a bit. I'm not 100% sure it was Picsel that did it, but I don't remember running any other programs at the time.

Overall, I want to like this program and use it on a daily basis. If we can get the word wrap/spell check/directional keys/multiple documents open fixed, I can see using it regularly. It is better than Quickoffice, in my opinion, but it still has some obstacles to overcome before I can get rid of my laptop.
    "Overall, I want to like this program and use it on a daily basis. If we can get the word wrap/spell check/directional keys/multiple documents open fixed, I can see using it regularly. It is better than Quickoffice, in my opinion, but it still has some obstacles to overcome before I can get rid of my laptop."

If you're gonna ask for a miracle, ask for HP to re-start the Pre3!!!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Fisack23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    I finally got a reply from Picsel (other than the automated acknowledgement) - nothing new, just the same bit about a licensing issue and that they're working with HP to resolve it. *sigh*

Katie
    I think they're not honest with us. They tell the same story for more than two weeks now. They are unable to solve the problem and unable to purpose to pay back.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    I think they're not honest with us. They tell the same story for more than two weeks now. They are unable to solve the problem and unable to purpose to pay back.
    Even imagining they fixed all the bugs in one week, they should then test the program out thoroughly which takes more than a couple days -- call it another week. Then, supposing they didn't find any new bugs, they submit it to the app catalog for HP to approve, which takes, maybe another week? So 3 weeks if everything goes perfectly.

More likely they are also trying to add new functionality at the same time, the red screen issue is something they need to go back and forth with HP about, some bugs come up in testing of the new release, and HP takes more than a week to approve the app.

In summary - two weeks is not nearly enough for them to get a fix out. It would be nice to have them stop back in and give us an update, but I think it is premature to assume it's abandoned.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    wow, I'm having a severe case of buyer's remorse right now. All bugs mentioned aside, I bought primarily to access all of the documents in dropbox-- which won't link. I know this was mentioned half way through the thread. I log in, it stays on loading.. left it there for 10 minutes and, nothing. When I back out, and tap Dropbox again, it just says "Logged Out" with no other options. I have full/fast wifi connection. Any ideas?

I have already tried accessing dropbox from quickoffice, and that is working fine.

It also is extremely laggy and slow to respond-- maybe this has to do with my setup, but doesn't seem to be happening in any other app. I wonder if any patches are conflicting with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Even imagining they fixed all the bugs in one week, they should then test the program out thoroughly which takes more than a couple days -- call it another week. Then, supposing they didn't find any new bugs, they submit it to the app catalog for HP to approve, which takes, maybe another week? So 3 weeks if everything goes perfectly.

More likely they are also trying to add new functionality at the same time, the red screen issue is something they need to go back and forth with HP about, some bugs come up in testing of the new release, and HP takes more than a week to approve the app.

In summary - two weeks is not nearly enough for them to get a fix out. It would be nice to have them stop back in and give us an update, but I think it is premature to assume it's abandoned.
    Sorry, but there a difference between bugs in fonctionalities and a bug what prevent to use a software. We are waiting for quickly reaction in the second case. Moreover, a minimum is to communicate with customers instead of sending automatically (and worse ?) response. When you call HP, they don't know who tooks the money (?) and they say to see with Picsel. You think really that means HP and Picsel are working together ?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Sorry, but there a difference between bugs in fonctionalities and a bug what prevent to use a software. We are waiting for quickly reaction in the second case. Moreover, a minimum is to communicate with customers instead of sending automatically (and worse ?) response. When you call HP, they don't know who tooks the money (?) and they say to see with Picsel. You think really that means HP and Picsel are working together ?
    I don't know how many customers actually have the red screen issue. I don't. If it's 99% it should be all their focus. More likely it's 1% of customers.

I'm sure that Picsel is talking with people at HP, but also sure that those are not the same people you get on the phone when you call customer service. Customer service doesn't get updated on internal R&D, much less on the conversations internal R&D is having with developers. Why would they?

I agree that I would like more feedback from Picsel, but already they are way ahead of QuickOffice in that regard. About the best you can hope for is that a company will acknowledge that there is a problem and they are working on it (which they've done), and then an update when they have a solution that is tested and works. Plenty of companies won't even give you that (how often has Apple refused to even acknowledge a problem until the solution was ready?).
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I don't know how many customers actually have the red screen issue. I don't. If it's 99% it should be all their focus. More likely it's 1% of customers.

I'm sure that Picsel is talking with people at HP, but also sure that those are not the same people you get on the phone when you call customer service. Customer service doesn't get updated on internal R&D, much less on the conversations internal R&D is having with developers. Why would they?

I agree that I would like more feedback from Picsel, but already they are way ahead of QuickOffice in that regard. About the best you can hope for is that a company will acknowledge that there is a problem and they are working on it (which they've done), and then an update when they have a solution that is tested and works. Plenty of companies won't even give you that (how often has Apple refused to even acknowledge a problem until the solution was ready?).
    I don't know where you found the 1%...But what you could say is : "100% of the buyers can encounter the risk that the software don't work". And that is the real problem.
    I can't accept this idea of business. If you sell televisions (or something else) and you discover there's a problem with, will you continue to sell it ? And if you buy a television which don't work, will you wait many weeks before to get it back to the seller ? I'm a purchaser in a very big company, and I can tell you it's the biggest error to let your customers without solutions...and there are no excuses when you steal them. There are also no excuses when you're unable to provide a solution. If it takes too much time, Picsel have to give the money back. Moreover, about who I got on the phone with HP, I don't care ! I just need a serious response. The same with Picsel !
    Some webOS users have been presented with a red screen when starting Smart Office.

This is due to a failure to verify the application's licence with HP, when the device does not have Internet access. HP have informed Picsel that they intend to resolve the issue in webOS itself soon. Picsel will release an upgrade in the very near future.

In the mean time, HP have informed Picsel that a manual work around is as follows:
    - Ensure wifi connectivity is on.
    - Start Smart Office, then throw away the card (close the app).
    - Then start the application again.

If your TouchPad reboots, repeat the steps above.

Thank you all for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    Some webOS users have been presented with a red screen when starting Smart Office.

This is due to a failure to verify the application's licence with HP, when the device does not have Internet access. HP have informed Picsel that they intend to resolve the issue in webOS itself soon. Picsel will release an upgrade in the very near future.

In the mean time, HP have informed Picsel that a manual work around is as follows:
    - Ensure wifi connectivity is on.
    - Start Smart Office, then throw away the card (close the app).
    - Then start the application again.

If your TouchPad reboots, repeat the steps above.

Thank you all for your patience.
    One more time, we tell to you the missing of Internet Access is not the problem. We're some users who confirm having good WiFi and Internet Access. Manual work described from HP is unsuccessfull !!
    It's special having with HP a "licence control problem" with a software buyed on HP Store App !!
    So we're now only waiting for fixes or upgrade, expectating that will solve the problem.
    But thank you to give us finally some new informations.
    gerzhwin likes this.
    I've noticed that picsel are offering SmartOffice for webos and android for half price this weekend (says so on their facebook page) great, so I'm stuck with a piece of software that can't even word wrap properly and I paid full price! Thanks for nowt, picsel!
    Quote Originally Posted by thudd View Post
    I've noticed that picsel are offering SmartOffice for webos and android for half price this weekend (says so on their facebook page) great, so I'm stuck with a piece of software that can't even word wrap properly and I paid full price! Thanks for nowt, picsel!
    One week more with the red empty screen...One week more Picsel has taken me ten euros...They should better repair their software rather than sell it midle price !!
    gerzhwin likes this.
    One week more with the red empty screen...One week more Picsel has taken me ten euros...They should better repair their software rather than sell it midle price !!
    You’re right: It’s a shame that I can’t use SO without internet connection, but you guys can’t even use it in general!
    Picsel and the App Store should warn you that it does not work without an internet connection. Or someone needs to come up with a fix.
    I wonder if the new app store update fixed it?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    It should be PROMINENTLY posted in the app catalog that Smart Office's anti-piracy efforts require that one have an internet connection in order to run their software. They may be the first to implement such a "feature" on WebOS. Hopefully they are the last.

Had I known that it requires an internet connection, I wouldn't have bought it. Sometimes, out in the wild, you may have to reset your Touchpad, for one issue or another. Then try to open Smart Office and you're presented with a red screen as it would then be unable to obtain license verification. Which of course necessitates using Quick Office which doesn't have such "issues."

No more release day purchases. Going to wait for user(guinea pig) feedback before forking over coin. Not as if there are demos...