Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Another user fro the other picsel thread said this:

ozpeter:

"I just did this test -

Open Gmail, copy a bit of an email I'd received.

Go to SmartOffice, open an existing document, bring up the copy paste options, paste is greyed out (nothing to paste).

Copied a bit of that SmartOffice page and paste then lights up, allowing that second bit of copy to be pasted.

Then opened QuickOffice, paste is available there, and when pasted the original bit of text from the email was pasted in.

Conclusion - copy/paste in SmartOffice is private to Smartoffice and I think is private per document even (thus no copy paste between docs even within SmartOffice .

And another thing - QuickOffice supports the Bluetooth keyboard arrow keys, SmartOffice does not, which is a pain""

And another one
    "I bought it just for the PDF reader and here is what I've found so far:

Pros:

-Can actually zoom in quickly and the text looks good.
    -Doesn't flatten directories so you can actually organize documents

Cons:

-It seems the app doesn't bother to check for rotation lock
    -A 120-page document prompts an out of memory error, but the document displays anyway
    -Needs set viewing modes (1-page/2-page side by side) and a fit-to-screen button
    -Jump to page # feature would be nice
    -Weird interface"

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ouchpad-3.html
    I just bought the app yesterday and I pretty much second everything that was written about PDFs. The app is nice and a lot faster at viewing files then QuickOffice. I like the search function for PDFs which is missing from QuickOffice. However, Picsel Smart Office jumbles the text on some of my PDFs. They are technical manuals for the Army, so I can't post them for assistance with a fix. It's a real bummer because these are the PDF documents I really need the search function for. All of my other PDFs work without issue (except for the Out of Memory error). I have noticed that the number of pages displayed on the screen changes with the zoom, but I would also like a simple "fit to screen" button.

Also, not being able to copy and paste from other TouchPad apps and the inability to insert pictures into documents (word and powerpoint) are definite minuses for me. I need these abilities to do my work.
    @Picsel & smartoffice

Am I the only sales prospect that wants more Excel functionality?? I will be posting the golden-5 features I'd pay $29+ to have...
    Thought I would plead for more info about what -specifically- is supported. Picsel's site seems void of answers, just VERY general info.
    Anyone able to point me to better specifics?

Many thanks in advance!
    Warren
    cj-m likes this.
    Hi all,

Some observations and I hope Pickle is looking. I will say that they did answer my email about the PDF issues which is way cool. So what to say.

PowerPoint are not so good. Better with Pickle but not great. I am thinking from my experience that except for windows their are no good PowerPoint tools. Either they are only slide show presenters or reduced function editing.

Why of interest? Well in the android boot based on another thread I was able to hook up a USB mouse. Cool and worked well with Picsel but Picsel doesn't allow animations and for some slides did not import them well.

If this software could creat the best PDFs and PPTs then they would be tops. Also along with PDF annotating. We can hope.
    two things

1. sorry about "pickle" rather than Picsel. My TP kept changing Piscel to pickle and I did not catch them all.

2. I wonder if there could be a mouse patch for WebOs
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    hmm, just realized that in quick office we can use the directional keys to move around the screen and even here. I understand the previous post. THis would be huge here as the ability to do this would help with ppt. BTW ppt with this software is much better than other ones too bad we can 't use to give presentations.

Hope you can add this.

Off topic, I was wondering why in another post I say the word pickle rather than the software here. Now I know. This HP thing of "editing" what you type is a bit much. I can not get it to type the name of the software even if I do the "backup" routine. Argh.

Dave
    We're aware that the BT directional may not be working with SmartOffice. It's been raised as a bug.

re. using SmartOffice to give presentations - SO has a presentation mode. On the top menu, select 'more', then 'slideshow'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I opened and scrolled through a PowerPoint doc and about halfway through got an out of memory error from the app. I had checked govnah prior to that and was sitting at around 500mb used; upon getting that error and then checking govnah, it was pushing 900mb. Is there some kind of memory bleed issue with PowerPoint and smartoffice? I never had this issue with the identical file in Quickoffice.
    Hi, could you send the document to support-webos @ picsel.com ? the support team would be better placed to provide and answer about what's happening with the memory and the document's impact on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingn View Post
    Just one simple Question:

Is it possible to add pages in a presentation? Hitting the enter-key severeal times just places the curser "under" the last page but doesn't automatically add a new one.
    Seems like a no brainer to me to be able to do that but haven't found any button or so...
    New or duplicate slides function isn't available in this version i'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanngoh View Post
    as in able to see jpg in the excel.
    Yes, you can view JPEGs in excel with SmartOffice
    Does Excel in SmartOffice include a sort function? I emailed an inquiry to Picsel a few days ago and have yet to receive a reply.

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    We've discovered the red screen is due to Licensing and occurs when no internet connection is available.

The licence issue is on the webOS side. I've raised a bug and we'll contact HP to resolve the issue.
    That's wrong !! My Internet connection is Ok, and SmartOffice is not working when all others Software are working. Do you want a video on the net to show you how your software works bad even with internet connection ?
    I'm furious with HP and Picsel with the "red empty screen bug" : you know there's a problem and you continue to sell the Software without advertisement. You have stolen a few of your customers ! I have lost 10 euros...and you or HP don't purpose to pay back. What are you waiting with HP to solve this problem ? That makes now two weeks you explain you know the problem....and now ? What more ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    We've discovered the red screen is due to Licensing and occurs when no internet connection is available.

The licence issue is on the webOS side. I've raised a bug and we'll contact HP to resolve the issue.
    For me, it occurs every time, whether my internet is connected or not.
    For me, it occurs every time, whether my internet is connected or not.
    The same is true for me. Nothing but all red screen all the time, and my WiFi connection has always been active. Please provide an update on resolving this issue. Or tell me how I can get my money back. Thanks.

Katie
    Thanks Picsel for this improvement regarding office documents on the TP! I already sent my whishlist to your support staff, but here it comes for all to see.

Setting as the native app (I know that HP’s in charge of that)

Switching between single and multi-page view for DOC and PDF with a fit to screen funtion for the width and the height of a document.

Correct rendering of text highlightings in PDF.
    Annotations for PDF.

Spell checking based on the native function.

Increasing the time before activating the zoom feature just a smidgen, because sometimes I’m zooming instead of moving the sheet.

Opening multiple documents in seperate cards, so you can easily work e. g. with a DOC and a PDF at the same time.

Switching to view all readable documents in the whole depth of a folders sub-structure and searching for them like in QO.

Adding favourite folders.

Removing documents from »recent documents«.

Box.net support.

Version for webOS 2.X

As a graphic designer viewing transparencies in PDF is essential, so it would be awesome to get the PDF engine to the next level, and I could present all of my designs to my customers. I normally export my drafts to PDF: PDF 1.6, 150 dpi (300 for vecors), s-RGB, no spot colours.

And I would suggest to delete the »® dott« from the app icon. Not kidding: First time I thought it was fly spots
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 11/04/2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: adding suggestions
    kevlarcompg likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    A few others are that in some pdfs, individual images are not opened and some images are opened in reverse exposure (e.g., positive negative).
    I believe this has something to do with transparencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Which I'd better for excel, qo or this?
    It’s definitely SmartOffice!
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Thanks Picsel for this improvement regarding office documents on the TP! I already sent my whishlist to your support staff, but here it comes for all to see.

Setting as the native app (I know that HP’s in charge of that)

Switching between single and multi-page view for DOC and PDF with a fit to screen funtion for the width and the height of a document.

Correct rendering of text highlightings in PDF.
    Annotations for PDF.

Spell checking based on the native function.

Increasing the time before activating the zoom feature just a smidgen, because sometimes I’m zooming instead of moving the sheet.

Opening multiple documents in seperate cards, so you can easily work e. g. with a DOC and a PDF at the same time.

Switching to view all readable documents in the whole depth of a folders sub-structure and searching for them like in QO.

Adding favourite folders.

Removing documents from »recent documents«.

Box.net support.

Version for webOS 2.X

As a graphic designer viewing transparencies in PDF is essential, so it would be awesome to get the PDF engine to the next level, and I could present all of my designs to my customers. I normally export my drafts to PDF: PDF 1.6, 150 dpi (300 for vecors), s-RGB, no spot colours.

And I would suggest to delete the »® dott« from the app icon. Not kidding: First time I thought it was fly spots
    Please first solve the "red empty screen" bug for people who haven't had the luck to use correctly the software. Look at the messages before. I'm not alone with this bug
    ktredshoes and gerzhwin like this.
    Smartoffice is much nicer than QO for viewing PDFs, but when I need to print something from the document I have to open QO. A print button would be much appreciated, thanks Picsel UK for bringing your app to webOS!
    gerzhwin likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    Please first solve the "red empty screen" bug for people who haven't had the luck to use correctly the software. Look at the messages before. I'm not alone with this bug
    Also had this issue once, when there was no wireless connection, but luckily it was solved after restarting the device.

I agree: The concerned users have to get their apps working first!
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Also had this issue once, when there was no wireless connection, but luckily it was solved after restarting the device.

I agree: The concerned users have to get their apps working first!
    Thank you for your helping others users !
    Restarting the devide is without any effect for many people.

So either Picsel must solve the problem nor they have to give the money back !!
    I finally got a reply from Picsel (other than the automated acknowledgement) - nothing new, just the same bit about a licensing issue and that they're working with HP to resolve it. *sigh*

Katie
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast