Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
    dear picsel…
    I would pay 20 dollars for this app if you could annotate PDF files...heck just underline/highlight pdf's I would die for it on webOS... So.. Is this even in the cards for picsel? Or possible?... Many would love a PDF annotation app I'm sure!

Kevin
    Last edited by kevlarcompg; 10/27/2011 at 10:20 PM.
    I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money.

Modded Sprint Pre: 3" pulley s/c, i/c, 1.6 rockers, xp cam, slp headers, 3in exhaust, res/cat delete... oh wait wrong forum... ummm pre has lots of mc patches and a xtra mhz, ghtz, and chigglehertz
    Picsel UK and gerzhwin like this.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    @Picsel

That simple fact that you are here to listen and help has convinced me to buy this program. Thank you for your support and active involvement!

And thanks to the early adopters for putting the program through it's paces and helping to iron out the wrinkles!
    I opened and scrolled through a PowerPoint doc and about halfway through got an out of memory error from the app. I had checked govnah prior to that and was sitting at around 500mb used; upon getting that error and then checking govnah, it was pushing 900mb. Is there some kind of memory bleed issue with PowerPoint and smartoffice? I never had this issue with the identical file in Quickoffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    We've discovered the red screen is due to Licensing and occurs when no internet connection is available.

The licence issue is on the webOS side. I've raised a bug and we'll contact HP to resolve the issue.
    I bought the app today and also got the red screen too. But I've never lost my internet connection, so I'm confused! I hope this bug gets squashed quickly. Have rebooted, removed, reinstalled, rebooted again with no change. I have reported this through Picsel support - anxiously waiting for a response.

Katie
    Just one simple Question:

Is it possible to add pages in a presentation? Hitting the enter-key severeal times just places the curser "under" the last page but doesn't automatically add a new one.
    Seems like a no brainer to me to be able to do that but haven't found any button or so...
    gerzhwin likes this.
    I appreciate your willingness to be here listening to us. So far the issues I've found you say you're working on -

- directional arrows on Bluetooth keyboard
    - auto-correct (spell check)
    - default viewer
    - copy/paste from e-mails, etc.
    - easier navigation for documents/saving

If you can get this functionality, I may not even need my laptop anymore!
    Last edited by Fisack23; 10/31/2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo
    geekpeter and Picsel UK like this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    does this smwrtoffice able to eee attached pics (jpg) in excel sheets??
    Cos quickoffice can't.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    as in able to see jpg in the excel.
    I used the promo code to install Smart Office and it does not want to launch. I have rebboted the TP, deleted and tried to reinstall, but still not go.

Ay thoughts?
    My logo (jpg) does show up in a spreadsheet/invoice opened in SmartOffice, but not QO.
    <thread moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I used the promo code to install Smart Office and it does not want to launch. I have rebboted the TP, deleted and tried to reinstall, but still not go.

Ay thoughts?
    Please read Post #67 in this thread. Thanks
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    My logo (jpg) does show up in a spreadsheet/invoice opened in SmartOffice, but not QO.
    Cool, that's what I wanna know before hitting on the buy now button. Thanks..

QO replied me saying jpg will not appear in excel currently, but won't commit on when it will happen.

This alone warrants a boycott to QO as its rather impt for me.
  14.    #94  
    Can you edit a powerpoint in Picsel?

Better yet, could someone please summarize the features in Picsel that aren't in QO and vice-versa?
    I will add it to the first post in this thread when you are done.

Thanks!
    Just a few comments

was out of town and away from internet and got the red screen. Going though the thread I found out way and hope that this can get fixed. It does not happen in the android boot, but I want to work in the WebOs boot.

In the android boot, three of the directional keys work to change the cursor position, the the downward key moves the page down and not the cursor, weird and hope Picsel can fix that for Webos.

Also there is no out of memory on the android side, so must be something related to WebOs and perhaps way Picsel took so long to get this out to us.

For powerpoint yes you can edit. It is abit challening without a mouse but works. Importantly Piscel opens up the ppts correctly as I have had some problems with QO. I wish HP had put a video port on so that we could use the TP to make presentations on a remote screen.

I also hope that the PDF issues I raised can also get fixed.

One other nice thing about Picsel is that you can start with a blank document.
    Picsel needs to get rid of the need for internet connection in order to run this app. Given the unclear future of WebOS and the fact that the TouchPad is a discontinued product, it doesn't make sense on a device such as this to even consider implementing such a measure.

Moreover, they should clearly state in the product description that this app will require an internet connection in order to run. This way consumers can make an informed decision as to whether or not they want to purchase this app considering its use limitations.
    Last edited by VitaminD; 11/01/2011 at 09:56 AM.
    ktredshoes and gerzhwin like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    I bought the app today and also got the red screen too. But I've never lost my internet connection, so I'm confused! I hope this bug gets squashed quickly. Have rebooted, removed, reinstalled, rebooted again with no change. I have reported this through Picsel support - anxiously waiting for a response.

Katie
    I figured that was what was happening. I don't see HP changing that API - I think Picsel needs to change how they call it, and not call it every time the app is launched. Disclaimer: I do not work with the PDK though, so I only have a high-level understanding of its use. I mostly have seen it referenced by javascript debate asking for something similar for our use in javascript.

Sent using Tapatalk
  18.    #98  
    I booted up on one TouchPad for first install with wifi. Then turned wifi off, no problem.

I booted up one second TouchPad same account for first install without wifi--turned red. Turned on wifi--red still. Then uninstalled app, reinstalled Picsel and booted up with wifi on-no problem
    Turned off TouchPad completely and turned back on without wifi-Picsel red. Turned on wifi-Picsel booted up. Then turned off wifi-Picsel still booted. Did luna restart--picsel still booted. Did device restart-red (tossed off card, turned on wifi, booted)

Conclusion.
    Upon first opening up Picsel after first install, need wifi on.
    Afterwards can turn wifi off. Luna restart OK but device restart or power off necessitates the need to turn wifi back on in order for Picsel to work.
    This can be a real problem when visiting offices without visitor wifi access and trying to turn on TouchPad to access documents or notes.

ps love the pdf features zoom and the double page. Love the way it opens typewriter beta notes and reflows text. Great job, Picsel, need to just clear up a few bugs!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Though, it can also happen with a luna restart. Considering that the TouchPad needs a restart every now and again (either luna or device), they need to get rid of their phone home protection scheme.

Once again, DRM getting in the way of legitimate consumers use of a product...
    I've continued to be unsuccessful in running this program, Luna restart or full restart, and my WiFi connection is working. No response from Picsel yet, other than acknowledging receipt of my emails...hope this gets fixed SOON.

Katie
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast