Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    check your PM's

Happy Holidays :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks. I'm guessing the red screen of death is fixed since it hasn't appeared yet.
    Happy Holidays All!
    Anybody get the out of memory on an excel spreadsheet, and problems with large PDFs not opening with a message just saying cannot open doc.
    Thank you!! I just installed this update and for the first time ever was able to launch the app!! No red screen!! YAY!! Now I finally will be able to try it out!!

Katie
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    Thank you!! I just installed this update and for the first time ever was able to launch the app!! No red screen!! YAY!! Now I finally will be able to try it out!!

Katie
    Glad to hear it finally works for you!
    Is anyone else able to use the Bluetooth keyboard up and down arrows for moving changing lines in your Word documents after the latest update? They say they added bluetooth support but it seems identical to what it was before the update. Right and left arrows navigate just fine but up and down does nothing more than scroll the page up or down without moving the curser anywhere. Picsel, do we need to uninstall/reinstall the app? Should this functionality be working now? Also, my word wrapping on documents created in Open Office is still just as much of a problem as the very first initial release.

Update: I uninstalled/reinstalled latest version on TouchPad and it still has the word wrap issue opening Word documents. When will you fix this once and for all, Picsel? This makes it unusable!
    Last edited by volcom45; 12/27/2011 at 01:14 PM.
    I wish associations would work. It doesn't seem that hard. I was able to copy the info from the QO appinfo.json file to SO but when I change the associations in Device Info and go to open a file, SO opens but just stays on the main page.
    That's because the type of apps that Smart Office is (PDK apps, written in C++) cannot accept incoming parameters, i.e. filenames. It is a limitation that HP has to fix in the APIs.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    YES !! Red Screen Issue (no license activation) has disappeared with 1.8.5 ! The wait was so long....But now thanks to Picsel and/or HP for the solve of that problem !
    I have just bought and installed Smart Office on my Palm Pre with WebOS 1.4.5.

For a WebOS 1.4.5 device it is a great step forward: I can now read real PDF files
    and I can edit documents, in particular spreadsheets. Until now I have been forced
    to use Office To Go in in the Classic PalmOS Emulator, with a lot of pain with the
    touch screen.

Still, I am having two problems:

- I cannot login on Google Docs. I cannot see the password I am typing, but I am keeping the red-shift button pressed when entering digits, as suggested in some posts. Therefore I do not think a wrongly spelled password is the problem.

- When I scroll a page, VERY often it zooms instead of scrolling. Is there a setting somewhere to change sensitivity?

Any ideas or suggestions?

For the rest, the application look great, for a 1.4.5 device.

Thanks for the help.

Gianluca
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I finally am able to log into GoogleDocs. My password had special characters in it. When I changed my password to only letters and numbers, I was able to log in. I know some others have had some difficulties with this, so I hope this helps them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    I finally am able to log into GoogleDocs. My password had special characters in it. When I changed my password to only letters and numbers, I was able to log in. I know some others have had some difficulties with this, so I hope this helps them.
    That did not solve my problem. Mine is only letters and numbers, but doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    YES !! Red Screen Issue (no license activation) has disappeared with 1.8.5 ! The wait was so long....But now thanks to Picsel and/or HP for the solve of that problem !
    Works for me to...
    I have a question, I opened 1 PDF book (750 pages) but the pages appear 3 in a roll. If zoom in in to page 1, so only p1 is visible and slide the page up, the next page that shows is page 4, 7, 10,13... and so on. I tried everything I could, but I can not find a fix for that. What am I missing?
    After the red screen of dead error was corrected Smartoffice works great. I use it mainly for pdfs and it is way better than Quickoffice. Smartoffice lets your navigate through individual folders unlike Quickoffice which does a search for all pdfs and alphabetizes them. Smartoffice also lets you word search which Quickoffice can't. The only thing feature I like better in Quickoffice is how it lets you navigate past numerous pages with a number drop down. Smartoffice has a Rolodex system that gets kind of annoying when you are trying to flip through 20+ pages.

Questions for the Picsel staff:
    1. Are there plans of adding a highlight or add notes feature to the pdf portion of Smaroffice?
    2. Are there plans or is there currently a way to lock the rotation while using Smartoffice? I like reading in portrait mode and generally have the lock the rotation feature on my Touchpad but Smartoffice by passes that and continues to rotate if I move it.
    3. Are there plans to add a quick page jump feature to jump from your current page to a much later page without having to flip through everything?

Thanks
    The following received from Picsel support in relation to the password disappearing and not being actioned on pressing ENTER.
    PICSEL support

When you press ENTER, the password is disappearing. This is not actually doing the log-in. But if you type your password, then close the keyboard and click on LINK, then it should work.

Smart Office is wrongly treating the ENTER key as part of the password. This is a bug, which we have already fixed in our engineering development, and we will be releasing version 2 soon.

I am able to log in to Dropbox now.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    how does this do on complicated spreadsheets? I put one into Quickoffice and all it does is sit with a spinning circle.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hey guys I'm not sure if this forum is still alive... the last reply was on 2007.
    Anyway, i'm having this problem that when i edit or create word files with smart office i can't access them from my pc any more. That is let's say i create a docx file on pc, transfer it via dropbox to my iphone, and i edited the word file with iphone's smart office and save changes, then i can't access it from pc anymore! (i still can access it through my phone though -either by smart office or phone's dropbox-

anyway can help?
    thanks a lot !
    Quote Originally Posted by alaa_137 View Post
    Hey guys I'm not sure if this forum is still alive... the last reply was on 2007.
    Post above yours was 2012

Anyway, i'm having this problem that when i edit or create word files with smart office i can't access them from my pc any more. That is let's say i create a docx file on pc, transfer it via dropbox to my iphone, and i edited the word file with iphone's smart office and save changes, then i can't access it from pc anymore! (i still can access it through my phone though -either by smart office or phone's dropbox-

anyway can help?
    thanks a lot !
    You might want to try an iPhone forum
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    plcd22 likes this.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    This thread didn't even START till October 2011...

Think you were looking at JTH182's join date!!!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    sledge007 likes this.
    Haven't been able to access Dropbox through neither Quick Office nor Smart Office ever since May of 2012. Was wondering if other people are still having this problem and if anyone has found a solution. To say that I am frustrated after all this time is a major understatement.

I run a fully unlocked HP Palm Pre 3 and up until May, I had no troubles with it and then for no reason it seems, I lost all ability to connect. It isn't an internet issue; I can't log in no matter which internet connection I have tried (home, office, cafe, friend's house, etc) but I can log in to Dropbox through the website. Owing to the Pre 3's capabilities, it is nigh impossible to download the documents I need via web though which is why I always synced to Dropbox.

Can someone shed a light on this issue? Do I need to just give up on the app (and this phone)? I love this phone for the ease of use, but I NEED access to my cloud files!
    Last edited by Aith; 12/10/2012 at 06:18 AM.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast