Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 296
Like Tree32Likes
  1.    #1  
    I haven't seen much talk about Picsel Smart Office i was just wondering if anyone has any reviews on it? I've been thinking of buying the app.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    I haven't seen much talk about Picsel Smart Office i was just wondering if anyone has any reviews on it? I've been thinking of buying the app.
    Did you see it in the app catalogue? It is supposed to come out later this week.
  3.    #3  
    I thought it was due out today i must have misread the article
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    I thought it was due out today i must have misread the article
    Delay announced on their twitter this morning due to last minute issues/bugs.
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  5. #5  
    It's available on other platforms so I'd welcome reviews from users who've used it on those.
  6. #6  
    It's in the catalog now, and looks so much more useful than Quickoffice is at the moment. That being said, I don't want to spend the $10 without seeing some user reviews.
  7. #7  
    there is one review in the catalog - 4 stars
  8. #8  
    Started a thread here, hope people will chime in and Picsel will give a free copy to Jonathan or Derek to review:
    http://forums.precentral.net/native-...t-em-here.html
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's in the catalog now, and looks so much more useful than Quickoffice is at the moment. That being said, I don't want to spend the $10 without seeing some user reviews.
    The only reason I'm remotely interested in Picsel is PDF reading.
    If it has better PDF reading capability than the defautl crappy
    QuickOffice and Adobe Reader, then I'm willing to part with $10.

    Can someone please buy it and report back? Thanks!
  10. #10  
    After purchasing "Splashtop" when it was first released, at $9.99, only to see it fall to $5 later that day, and then given away by HP later that week, I'm waiting a few days this time.
    All for One and One for All!
  11. #11  
    Bought it. It has a much better pdf reader. Have not tested the other features yet.
  12. #12  
    Does it employ auto-correct of spelling? (Something which Quickoffice doesn't. Even TapNote auto corrects spelling. A must when using the soft keyboard.)
    Last edited by VitaminD; 10/25/2011 at 05:30 PM.
  13. #13  
    Love it. QO and DTG can go to the dust bin.

    QO and DTG should be embarrassed.
  14. #14  
    The one-finger-zoom feature in PDF files is worth the $10 (I mean, just the neatness of it - you tap and hold, then an up/down arrow appears, and you slide up to zoom in, down to zoom out).
    [Edit - not to mention the carousel view of multiple pages (tap the page button top right)]

    Let's be realistic - under the circumstances this is probably going to be the best such app that will ever be made available on the TP, and buying it for what many people (ok, not all) would regard as a trivial sum will help ensure future enhancements.

    If you want to use the TP as a media consumption device, then maybe Smartoffice isn't your thing. If on the other hand you want to use it creatively, then there's unlikely to be a better opportunity.
    Last edited by Ozpeter; 10/25/2011 at 05:41 PM.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    After purchasing "Splashtop" when it was first released, at $9.99, only to see it fall to $5 later that day, and then given away by HP later that week, I'm waiting a few days this time.
    Yes, because being cheap is the way to reward developers for putting out quality software for a dead platform. I'm happily parting with 9.99 for this, and i don't really have any complaints about QO or the PDF reader.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Yes, because being cheap is the way to reward developers for putting out quality software for a dead platform. I'm happily parting with 9.99 for this, and i don't really have any complaints about QO or the PDF reader.
    It is my understanding that the devs still get paid. They are paid by HP when the app is given away. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    It is my understanding that the devs still get paid. They are paid by HP when the app is given away. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
    Yes, but not if the price is dropped - I'd buy now and not worry about any possible price drops because I believe the developer deserves it for the effort. If the price is cut in half, that's $5 the developer won't see, regardless of who pays.

    I can understand bargain-hunting, but on sub $10 software for a dead platform? Who cares about $5?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Yes, but not if the price is dropped - I'd buy now and not worry about any possible price drops because I believe the developer deserves it for the effort. If the price is cut in half, that's $5 the developer won't see, regardless of who pays.

    I can understand bargain-hunting, but on sub $10 software for a dead platform? Who cares about $5?
    Who decides if the price should drop? If it's HP, then I can understand your argument. If it's the dev. then they would seem to be fine with a lower price.

    So far, I am seeing lower intro prices and then a rise after a short time more than price drops (at least for the few apps I've been interested in).
  19. #19  
    So not to derail this price conversation ( ) but can anyone speak about the editing features (especially for word documents)? I really find Quickoffice so limited, since I can only bold, italic, underline, change alignment, add a bulleted/numbered list, or change the font/size/color.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    The one-finger-zoom feature in PDF files is worth the $10 (I mean, just the neatness of it - you tap and hold, then an up/down arrow appears, and you slide up to zoom in, down to zoom out).
    [Edit - not to mention the carousel view of multiple pages (tap the page button top right)]
    .

    Is Picsel's built-in PDF reader faster when skipping through the pages?

    For example, the current Adobe Reader takes 2 or 3 seconds to render
    the page if you skip two or more pages. (especially on pages with a
    lot of graphics)

    Thanks!
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions