Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    I've been having a good deal of trouble with the PDF viewer, with pages not rendering correctly, strange synchronization issues when scrolling (some parts scroll faster than others, making pages look like they split as I scroll), and frequent out of memory errors. Otherwise, great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Really? I finally figured that I had to tap the keyboard icon, enter a number and then press Ok to get the number into the spreadsheet. You didn't find that cumbersome?
    Maybe I am missing something.
    Thinking of recommending my office mate buy this, I don't want him to be sorry that I recommended it.
    Viewing.. I love.

Now creating a spread sheet is not intuitive.. it's a mess. The software should default to the kb entry when you tap on the cell, the entire kb doesn't need to be on screen just a number pad with arrow keys would be sweet.. cell options should come up on a double tap, or a tap and hold. LOL and whats worse even with a BT keyboard attached it doesn't allow data entry by clicking on the cell.. for that matter use of the arrow keys, the shift & tab keys for easy movement in cells doesn't work either? Really? It's almost like the guys who designed it never used a spreadsheet before Yup it calculates lets move on

Anyone know one of the team members who work on smartoffice? Pass on those tips above I just listed and their app will be the all time best 'mobil' spread sheet around
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/11/2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Viewing.. I love.

Now creating a spread sheet is not intuitive.. it's a mess. The software should default to the kb entry when you click on the cell, why else would you be clicking on it? LOL and whats worse even with a BT keyboard attached it doesn't allow data entry by clicking on the cell.. for that matter use of the arrow keys, the shift & tab keys for easy movement in cells don't work either? Really? It's almost like the guys who designed it never used a spreadsheet before Yup it calculates lets move on
    OK thanks.
    At $9.99 this morning, is that regular price?
    yes it's normally 10bucks. Still waiting for the sale.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    UK price is still the same as well (7.49)

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    UK price is still the same as well (7.49)

Alan
    One week more with a red empty screen...One week more Picsel has stolen me 10 euros...They should better repair their software instead of selling it middle price...
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    One week more with a red empty screen...One week more Picsel has stolen me 10 euros...They should better repair their software instead of selling it middle price...
    I know right. Copy protection of that sort on a mobile device only serves to incumber legitimate purchasers. Once the hackers figure out a way around it, and they will given the challenge, they won't be buggered by the "red screen." And we may have to turn to them if support is dropped. Sad day, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    picsel smart office will be half price this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    That bites 1/2 price.. LOL I just bought it last night.
    Same thing happened to me with splashtop. This deal hasn't materialized yet though with the weekend over half gone, not sure it will at this point.
    First they announce a sale and then they don't put the app on sale... why?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Not sure - something sure isn't right.

Maybe (just guessing), they are working weekends to try and fix he red-screen issue and don't want anyone to buy it until it's fixed.
    Not sure, the android version did go on sale, just not the touchpad Wouldn't be the first time there was a problem with the HP app store regarding an app price, would it? (I can think of at least glimpse and splashtop)
    I've had the red screen on Smart Office a couple of times and the reboot has brought the app up again. I've also had TapNote, Audubon Birds and other apps require reboots. Is this a more general problem? Re spread sheets on Smart Office: good for running with a couple of variable changes but too cumbersome for development. There is a learning curve and different way of thinking from Excel. The reader is better for PDF than the regular Adobe version on the TP.
    Picsel (facebook) - WebOS users - HP informed us there was a technical hitch and no price drop was implemented. We'll keep you up to date about what will happen.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Ahh, but unless you can fix the red screen issue, how many will buy it at any price?

Alan
    The red screen issue is - on my tpad at least - only happens when i have no internet connection -- connecting to the internet clears the issue
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    The red screen issue is - on my tpad at least - only happens when i have no internet connection -- connecting to the internet clears the issue
    I only wish that would solve my problem. Despite repeated assurances that ensuring a connection would clear up the SmartOffice red screen, I can report that the program has never successfully loaded for me despite having a live internet connection. :-( :-(

Katie
    You're not the only one Katie.

That a productivity app on a mobile device requires an internet connection to "verify" license, makes no sense. defeats the purpose of a portable productivity app. What to edit a document in the park? Forget it. Do a quick spreadsheet entry at the beach? Nope. and so on and so forth.

Oh well, there's always Tapnote and Quick Office...
    I was very excited at the prospects of this app, but alas I am sorely disappointed.

Main issue:

'Memory full' 75% of the time. I can't get more then 7 pages of my powerpoint up. How can I fix this?

Other issues:

As echoed by others the R.S.O.D. this is extremely frustrating during lecture. Renders this app completely USELESS.

And of course the: can't add new slides to powerpoint, no spell check, bt keyboard no arrow key support, random restarts and crashes.

I really want to like this app. I did, but I can't recommend it.

Anyone have a solution to the 'memory full' problem?

tia
    Also, how do you get OUT of slideshow view?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast