Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Just bought this with an HP promo code. Couldn't get it to launch. After pressing the icon, I got the ripple then nothing. Rebooted and got it to launch, but only a red screen came up. Any ideas?
    I'm running 3.0.2.
    Hello from France !
    I also bought SmartOffice (but without promo code) and I encounter the same problem (red empty screen). HP told me to discuss with Picsel...and Picsel don't answer. So I've lost 10 euros and I'm not very happy...
    I'm running with 3.0.4
    If somebody knows what happen....
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    hmm, aquired It earlier, launching it gives me a bright orange blank screen.

EDIT: delete/redownload fixed my orange blank card issue instantly.
    The same for me
    Patrick from France
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    For those having issues, here's a link to send a support request to Picsel:

Contact Us... | Picsel SmartOffice™
    No answer from Picsel with the Red Empty Screen problem...They just took my 10 euros...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhargett View Post
    Red Screen o' Death for me, too.

Downloaded (which failed several times - thanks, HP for sending out 3.0.4 and breaking my wi-fi, I really appreciate it), ran it, RSOD.

Deleted and re-downloaded, ran it, RSOD.

Doesn't matter if connected at work, at home, or even disconnected. I've sent in a support note. We'll see if I get a fix. $10 down the drain.
    Did Picsel answer to you ? It seems they dkn't answer; Why do HP accept that ?
    Hello,

Picsel has confirmed there's a real "red empty screen" problem with SmartOffice on Touchpad. They explained that they were working with HP in order to solve it. But they don't tell about a delay. And HP continue to sell the software without telling about this problem...
    I am observing that this happens to me when I try t use it when travelling (on airplane) and wonder if it happens when not connected the internet. Just a hunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    but the keyboard works with picsel
    Have you been able to start a new spreadsheet and have the keyboard come up?

I see the keyboard icon but when I press on it, I get a replace screen, not a keyboard screen. What is the magic secret?
    Some webOS users have been presented with a red screen when starting Smart Office.

This is due to a failure to verify the application's licence with HP, when the device does not have Internet access. HP have informed Picsel that they intend to resolve the issue in webOS itself soon. Picsel will release an upgrade in the very near future.

In the mean time, HP have informed Picsel that a manual work around is as follows:
    - Ensure wifi connectivity is on.
    - Start Smart Office, then throw away the card (close the app).
    - Then start the application again.

If your TouchPad reboots, repeat the steps above.

Thank you all for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    Some webOS users have been presented with a red screen when starting Smart Office.

This is due to a failure to verify the application's licence with HP, when the device does not have Internet access. HP have informed Picsel that they intend to resolve the issue in webOS itself soon. Picsel will release an upgrade in the very near future.

In the mean time, HP have informed Picsel that a manual work around is as follows:

I've not been able to launch the application because of the red screen issue. I know I have a WiFi connection cos I'm writing this post on my Touchpad. No matter how many times I try opening, closing and reopening the application I still get the red screen. I've tried reinstalling the package, rebooting etc nothing worked.... Any other suggestions?
    Originally Posted by Picsel UK :

One more time, we tell to you the missing of Internet Access is not the problem. We're some users who confirm having good WiFi and Internet Access. Manual work described from HP is unsuccessfull !!
    It's special having with HP a "licence control problem" with a software buyed on HP Store App !!
    So we're now only waiting for fixes or upgrade, expectating that will solve the problem.
    But thank you to give us finally some new informations.
    so Is it better to wast tor the fix before buying it
    I want it to use word, I have forms made up and on qo they do open correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
    so Is it better to wast tor the fix before buying it
    I want it to use word, I have forms made up and on qo they do open correctly
    It would have been better for HP and Picsel not to sell a software with such an important bug.
    Last edited by cosmos1999; 11/11/2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: text fault
    I have had it for a weeks and tried multiple reinstalls, reboots, tossing etc etc etc.... have never gotten anything but red screen..... hopefully someday it will be fixed but for now i am just patiently waiting.
    picsel smart office will be half price this weekend.

Looking for a... | Facebook
    Thanks for the heads up. I wanted this initially, was traveling/busy when it came out and missed the initial excitement. Now I'm a bit scared to bite due to the the issues being reported but guess now is the time to bite if I"m going to. Lucky for me I was busy or would have missed the sale like I did on splashtop. I missed the promo codes as well of course but sounds like nearly everyone did so no biggie, and half price seems like a good deal.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    But only if it works. I'm a bit nervous about this - but I would like it.

Alan
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Just a thought - why is it cheaper under Android?
    Volume, volume, volume
    That bites 1/2 price.. LOL I just bought it last night. PS guys works fine on my TP newest version installed. The only issue I have had so far is that it is not tied directly to the OS so you can't use it as the default app handler so when you click on a spread sheet in an email for instance it will auto launch the quickoffice. You have to save it and open from with in smart office to use smart office. Also funny enough the guys at smart office didn't allow for use of box.net as storage only dropbox. While drop box is nicer for syncing multiple devices it's not 50gb like the included box.net :P Needed a little synergy on the part of Piscel here LOL.

WAY better looking at spread sheets in smart office than quick office, seems to handle larger spread sheets better as well.

.. maybe my extra 5 bucks will get us a few more updates :P
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/11/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    WAY better looking at spread sheets in smart office than quick office, seems to handle larger spread sheets better as well.

.. maybe my extra 5 bucks will get us a few more updates :P
    Really? I finally figured that I had to tap the keyboard icon, enter a number and then press Ok to get the number into the spreadsheet. You didn't find that cumbersome?
    Maybe I am missing something.
    Thinking of recommending my office mate buy this, I don't want him to be sorry that I recommended it.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast