Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    Yea... In the other pickle thread they said its some licencing bug, & it'd getting squashed

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    nice feedback from picsel in thread below_-

http://forums.precentral.net/native-...em-here-4.html
    Quote Originally Posted by leanbackevan View Post
    I also had several times a Red Screen Of Death. I noticed that I only had this when I'm not at home. Reboot, Uninstall and reinstall, and WiFi settings didn't do the trick.
    But after I tweaked my bluetooth settings, while my phone or keyboard was connected, by turning it on and off, I was able to launch picsel office again. After that picsel office kept running even when I reconnect my phone with bluetooth.

Hope this helps.

ps. Offtopic: I still prefer working with quickoffice though, cause it has an better keyboard support. But without keyboard, picsel office is way better!
    but the keyboard works with picsel
    cjf243 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    but the keyboard works with picsel
    I think what he's talking about is that the ARROW keys don't work with Picsel - very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I think what he's talking about is that the ARROW keys don't work with Picsel - very annoying.
    The arrow keys don't work?!

DEALBREAKER
    I think that some developers consider the arrow keys are redundant because the cursor can be placed with a finger tap. But in many situations it's actually quicker and easier to use the arrow keys for short-distance cursor placement, especially as those keys are just by your fingers avoiding a reach to the screen.

That "reach to the screen" thing is perhaps the downside of touch-screens inherently. Where you want to place the screen for good reading distance is often not where you want the screen for digital interaction. But I digress.

Indeed it's good to see Picsel interacting in the other thread. If they can stay onboard and fix what needs to be fixed it will be a great app and I remain happy that I paid for it thus contributing to that fixing effort, despite my criticisms. I guess my position remains "hold off if you are expecting a problem-free app" but I'd also say that if you want to contribute to the effort to fix it, then buy it now and feed through your bug/problem reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    First, I use Debian Chroot w/OpenOffice, not Ubuntu Chroot w/LibreOffice (I've not had any issues at all using OpenOffice - same thing I use on my laptop).

QO is similar to the way Excel works natively, with the selected cell editable at the top of the screen. With Picsel, you have to select the cell, bring up the top menu and then hit the keyboard button to bring up the box to edit the cell. But for things like quickly editing an invoice, neither is really satisfactory for me since you can't print it after it's been edited anyway. But if, for example, you're going to edit something and e-mail they both produce about the same result.
    COMO USO DEBIAN CHEROOT??? alguna pagina en la que exista el tutorial para usar el chroot y usar programas como libreoffice u open office????
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    COMO USO DEBIAN CHEROOT??? alguna pagina en la que exista el tutorial para usar el chroot y usar programas como libreoffice u open office????
    Try this one.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...on-ubuntu.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Yea... In the other pickle thread they said its some licencing bug, & it'd getting squashed

I could not help noticing the word "pickle" I now know what this is. I could not send a message from TP last nite the used picsel. It kept changing it to pickle or other words even if I did the back space routine. Argh
  10.    #90  
    Does anyone think the price will drop from $9.99 ?
    I was so bummed that I missed the promo code today
    I have been trying for 2 days to download this app from HP Catalogue, but keep getting message that there is a problem. Anyone else have this problem?
    i'm very impressed by its load time. however, it doesn't seem to open openoffice docs (i think).
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    Does anyone think the price will drop from $9.99 ?
    If it was me, I wouldn't consider a price change until after I got out an update fixing known issues.

I don't think the price is too high, though, for what it is. I could see splitting pieces off, e.g. making a stand-alone PDF viewer for $2.99. Might sell to people who don't need Office.

On the other hand, the WebOS market is not really growing (beyond the remaining Touchpads and Pre3's that are still in the box). So if nothing turns around in the next month or two, it might make sense for all apps to cut their price and see if they can make a last few bucks before it's over.
    VitaminD likes this.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    it might make sense for all apps to cut their price and see if they can make a last few bucks before it's over.
    Also, it'd make sense to drop the price of apps to not be multiple times more than what you can get on Android. The high price apps are going to really give many an incentive to put Android on their Touchpad and get apps cheaper that way and they're usually more capable The Advanced Browser shouldn't cost $2.99 on HP when Opera, Dolphin, and Firefox are free on Android and much more capable browsers. You can get Vplayer that plays pretty much plays everything for Android for free, instead of paying the hefty cost of Kalemedia. I'd buy more apps if they weren't way overpriced. Alarm clocks: Simple Alarm costs $0.99 for the app and that's a great price point but the app gives you hardly anything over the built in clock. I have Alarm Clock Xtreme on my phone which was free and has much more capability, including waking up to Pandora as my ringer. I'd pay for a music app if one was as decent as PowerAmp. The one's that cost here aren't anymore capable than the free ones on Android.

I'll pay for good apps but I'm not going to pay way more for apps that aren't even as capable as the much cheaper Android versions. The other thing is I want to have a buyer's remorse period. I bought Splashtop and found out that my dual core laptop with 3GB of memory is too slow for the desktop software when I connected it to the Touchpad. I found that out in 5 minutes but I'm stuck with the purchase. At least on Android, I have 15 minutes do decide after downloading of whether I want to keep it and even Amazon lets me test drive the apps through the browser, by way of an emulator, to see if I like how it runs.

I do have to say it was worth buying the Grocery Shopper app for $1.75. I just need a shopping cart cradle for my Touchpad. Also, Sparkle HD and ComicShelf HD were worth the money.
    VitaminD likes this.
    Personally, since I want the facilities provided, would spend a lot more than $10 worth of my time to produce it myself, can see that the developer is interested in fixing problems and want to support the platform, I have happily bought it at $10.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Personally, since I want the facilities provided, would spend a lot more than $10 worth of my time to produce it myself, can see that the developer is interested in fixing problems and want to support the platform, I have happily bought it at $10.
    I agree, if you need it then the $10 is worth it, but is it worth it for you to get more capabilities for the exact same price? The Android app has many more features on the same app and it costs the same. As I said, with the WebOS you are paying more and/or getting less capabilities. This app was a perfect example. Here's the comparison of the apps with the WebOS catalog and the Android Market. You will notice some nice features that are in the Android version that are not in the WebOS version but they are the same price.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...cationid=10884

https://market.android.com/details?i...leviewer&hl=en

So, I guess is what I'm saying is the prices and the capabilities of apps on WebOS are going to push people to adding Android, not the OS itself because the OS is great. If devs want people to stay on WebOS then the apps need to have the same capabilities or be cheaper. You definitely can't charge more and have less capabilities, like many apps do.

I don't think the Gingerbread version of Android will pull too many to Android but when ICS comes to the Touchpad then I could see a mass exodus of users adding Android and quit using WebOS all together. That could change if the person already has a ton of apps they they already use on WebOS but the overpriced apps are going to make that decision much easier for many. The devs should deal in volume, instead of making as much per app, if they want WebOS to retain customers.
    the PDF-reader alone is worth the 10 USD/EUR!

It zooms and re-renders sharply - just like on a PC and MUCH better than the built-in adobe reader...
    The devs should deal in volume, instead of making as much per app, if they want WebOS to retain customers.
    Which volume?

Newness Developments apps:

johncc likes this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I agree, if you need it then the $10 is worth it, but is it worth it for you to get more capabilities for the exact same price? The Android app has many more features on the same app and it costs the same. As I said, with the WebOS you are paying more and/or getting less capabilities. This app was a perfect example. Here's the comparison of the apps with the WebOS catalog and the Android Market. You will notice some nice features that are in the Android version that are not in the WebOS version but they are the same price.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...cationid=10884

https://market.android.com/details?i...leviewer&hl=en
    Bear in mind that Android currently has 1.9.0 whereas WebOS is 1.8.3 - hopefully once 1.9 comes out for WebOS it'll be more comparable
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast