Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
Like Tree32Likes
    YES !! Finished with red screen issue (no license activation) with 1.8.5. Tha wait was so long. But thanks now to Picsel and/or HP for having solved this problem !
    Does smart office not use vsync or something? I get terrible vertical screen tearing while scrolling in portrait orientation and less but still noticeable tearing in landscape.

On an unrelated note, I notice that in some of my PDFs some of the letters have less spacing in words than others, leading to a squashed look. This doesn't occur with the same files in the stock app.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 01/12/2012 at 12:09 PM.
    just wanted to say I'm damn surprised and happy that I can read my '.guide' files in my TP now ..thanks Smartoffice :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Does smart office not use vsync or something? I get terrible vertical screen tearing while scrolling in portrait orientation and less but still noticeable tearing in landscape.

On an unrelated note, I notice that in some of my PDFs some of the letters have less spacing in words than others, leading to a squashed look. This doesn't occur with the same files in the stock app.

This is what I mean with the text:

https://www.box.net/shared/c9u2kiyp14sc3y8enmju

Any ideas for remedying this? It makes the textbook awkward to read, but the text rendering is so much clearer in smart office than stock app (patched), so I'd definitely like to fix this.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post

Any ideas for remedying this? It makes the textbook awkward to read, but the text rendering is so much clearer in smart office than stock app (patched), so I'd definitely like to fix this.

Does anyone know why this happens or how to remedy it?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Does anyone know why this happens or how to remedy it?
    Any possibility of the PDF being uploaded somewhere (or just that page of the PDF) so other people can take a look?

Alex.
    I just found smart office on sale in the app catalog this morning for $4.99. I have this app on my touchpad and it works great. I also have a sprint pre- that most of the time will not open a PDF. With the sale price I just couldn't resist putting it on my phone. I have opened any PDF that I tried. Worth every penny. I also got it on sale for my touchpad so it's like paying full price but I have it on all my devices.
    how do you make PDF open in picsel instead of Adobe without opening Picsel?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    yeah, disappointing that we can't select Picsel in Default Apps . . .
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    yeah, disappointing that we can't select Picsel in Default Apps . . .
    you ask jason nicely to make a patch similar to the one that allows default to advanced browser over the stock one ...that's the only way I am aware of...
    Sanjay and Rockbeast like this.
    Picsel is a full PDK app, I believe, which can't accept a filename as a startup parameter. If so, it can't be the default app for documents.
    Do any of you experience any trouble with typing in a foreign langauge using Picsel. My problem is I installed a Korean Keyboard and it won't type out the letters properly. Its types it out as single characters but on any other programs it types it out fine.

For example: ᄒ아ᄂ(in picsel) is supposed to be 한(other programs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Picsel is a full PDK app, I believe, which can't accept a filename as a startup parameter. If so, it can't be the default app for documents.
    I'm using Picsel on my Pre+, don't have a touchpad. But is this the final word on the topic of setting Picsel Smartoffice as default PDF reader? I really would like for it to open up my PDFs.

IF not, what is an alternative...what tips for setting up how webOS saves pdf's you download, the method of naming the file so that it can more easily be found. Any tips out there?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I'm using Picsel on my Pre+, don't have a touchpad. But is this the final word on the topic of setting Picsel Smartoffice as default PDF reader? I really would like for it to open up my PDFs.

IF not, what is an alternative...what tips for setting up how webOS saves pdf's you download, the method of naming the file so that it can more easily be found. Any tips out there?
    I have a Touchpad and not a Pre but I am guessing the program should work the same. I purchased Smartoffice because I needed a good pdf reader and for me it is way better than quickoffice.

Smartoffice lets you manually navigate through each folder in your TP, instead of having general search of all pdfs on your TP and listing them alphabetically like quickoffice does. This allows you to group pdfs together in folders instead of renaming ever one so it is easier to identify. Also a huge plus for me is that Smartoffice allows you to do a word search why quickoffice does not. Smartoffice also saves the page you when you close the program.

The only feature I like better in quickoffice how you are able to jump ahead or back numerous pages. The drop down numbers is better than the Rolodex style system that Smartoffice has.
    So, no as you type spell checker still in this software? That alone kills it for me every time I want to launch it and work with it.
    FYI, I'm seeing the 1.8.5 version (only version) in the Catalog at $.99 - yes ninety nine cents - today. Not sure how long it's been at this price.

-C
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415