Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Piscel wasn't the only app with the licensing issue. There were some childrens books and at least one other app with the same issue. You had to launch connected to wifi or the app didn't work as it checked for license upon each launch.
    The problem is different here. I have a good wi-fi and internet connection.
    FYI, I started getting the red screen yesterday and reported it to HP, will post back here if/when I hear back from HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    FYI, I started getting the red screen yesterday and reported it to HP, will post back here if/when I hear back from HP.

One month later, did your hear back from HP ??
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    One month later, did your hear back from HP ??
    No, but it's only been a few days for me. We'll see I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    No, but it's only been a few days for me. We'll see I guess.
    Just wondering what version you guys have. I had a red screen but my touchpad showed an update for Picsel and after installing it, it works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acebandge View Post
    Just wondering what version you guys have. I had a red screen but my touchpad showed an update for Picsel and after installing it, it works now.
    I have v1.8.4 which I think Is the latest version. It did work for me but stopped a couple days ago & now I get the dreaded red screen.
    I bought smart office for my touchpad ...am I supposed to pay again for it for my Pre3 ?? ...other apps cross over...
    Some software developers are generous and allow you to use a purchased app across all your devices. Most do not, however, instead requiring app purchases for each specific devices. I believe Picsel falls in the later category.
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Some software developers are generous and allow you to use a purchased app across all your devices. Most do not, however, instead requiring app purchases for each specific devices. I believe Picsel falls in the later category.
    I have a few paid apps and never had a single one that was not across my devices...
    Picsel wrote me about License activation problem with SmartOffice on Touchpad :

If our application does not behave as described in the information you saw before you bought it, then you may be able to contact the app store support team directly. However, there is generally a policy of "no refunds" and we have no control over that.

Fabulous !! a policy of "no refunds" when a software don't work....what a good legal and commercial policy !!! They really have no shame with HP to write such words !!
    What honesty from Picsel ! : They deleted all negative comments about SmartOffice 1.8.4 on Touchpad (red screen with license activation problem) on their Facebook wall. Is it shame ? Or do they hide the problem in order to sell every more ?
    This is SmartOffice 1.8.4 for Touchpad (see attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Connect to Wi-Fi. Launch the application twice. It will now remember that the app is authorized, until you reboot the TouchPad. That should be corrected in the upcoming webOS release.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'm looking for an office suite to mark-up Word documents, i.e. track changes and add inline comments. Can Smartoffice do that? If not, is there another option?
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Connect to Wi-Fi. Launch the application twice. It will now remember that the app is authorized, until you reboot the TouchPad. That should be corrected in the upcoming webOS release.
    Already tried without success. Thank you for reading before. We are some users who have tried many solutions without effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Tried it, several times with no luck.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Mine was working fine but now has gone red screen and that's what it seems to remember and there's no convincing it otherwise,
    Just FYI, using AppTuckerbox, I was able to download the TP version to my MetaDoctored Pre 2 running 2.2.4 . . . It opened! But then it redscreened. . . I went ahead and bought the 'P' version on sale, which worked. . . It was definitely worth a try though.
    I just noticed an app update to 1.85 was available on 12/24. It may not work for everyone else, but the new version works for me... its the first time it has ever worked for me.

I'm a little suspicious of Picsel's responses over the last few months that this was an HP issue, it works fine now and my TP has had no updates from HP, only Picsel. Anyway it works now so I hope everyone else who had the same issues is having similar success.
    I just installed the new update and for the first time was able to launch the app - no red screen!! YAY!! Now I'll finally be able to try it out...