Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 296
Like Tree32Likes
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    @ktredshoes
    There's an \appdata\com.picsel.app.smartoffice folder on the USB drive that get's left behind if you delete smartoffice. Mine's empty, but it wouldn't hurt to try deleting that when you delete the program.
    Maybe that's it, I'm not sure. I just know with many apps I can remove them & reinstall without losing my settings so obviously left behind. Usually I find this to be a good thing but perhaps not in this case.
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I noticed that the details of the Pre version talks about it having the ability to copy to the system clipboard.
    Unfortunately, the Touchpad version says the same thing, but it does not work, so I will count on it only when someone says it works.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Sounds like there Is a "poison pill" cached on your touchpad somehow. And when you remove smart office not everything is being removed. So when you reinstall that poison bit is still there. Perhaps what you need is a "remove with prejudice" but I'm not sure how you'd do that.
    I had a similar thought, but you articulated it better. :-)

    Katie
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    @ktredshoes
    There's an \appdata\com.picsel.app.smartoffice folder on the USB drive that get's left behind if you delete smartoffice. Mine's empty, but it wouldn't hurt to try deleting that when you delete the program.
    Thanks for the lead - I'll give it a try and report back.

    Katie
  5. archifishal's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #245  
    I wonder if the licence manager has a similar area - it's maybe possible it's cached something which says that Smart Office is unlicenced and is never actually retrying to contact the server?
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by archifishal View Post
    I wonder if the licence manager has a similar area - it's maybe possible it's cached something which says that Smart Office is unlicenced and is never actually retrying to contact the server?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  7. letijr's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Same problem here.
    not sure if you got this solved. I deleted and reinstalled the app, and first logged in to Google docs afterward (during my first install I had firstly logged in to Dropped). I can now access Google Docs.

    if you still have issues, maybe it can help

    cheers
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    To be fair, Picsel has been saying for some time that it's HPs fault.
    Being fair is not the question. Picsel chosed to develop for Touchpad and have technical and economical relations. So they have to solve the problem together. That's not to consumers to find a solution themselves...Picsel is responsible for the quality of the product.
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    Being fair is not the question. Picsel chosed to develop for Touchpad and have technical and economical relations. So they have to solve the problem together. That's not to consumers to find a solution themselves...Picsel is responsible for the quality of the product.
    I never said or meant that consumers should have to find a solution themselves. And I do think Picsel is responsible for the quality of the product and has a number of issues that need to be addressed.

    But for the red screen issue, it is HPs app store and HPs license framework and license server. And apparently also HPs live chat isn't working for many folks. So I do wonder why all the anger and consumer efforts seem directed only at Picsel. I can't recall in reading threads here, on twitter and facebook that none with the red screen issue seem to be going after HP.

    When I got overcharged for an app, the developer said it was HP that he did not control the charge or refund. So I went after HP and got a refund. I don't believe in my case that attacking the developer would have benefited me or the developer. Not exactly the same situation but some similarities, especially for those seeking refunds.

    I'm not saying Picsel couldn't communicate more. Maybe they could try harder with HP, I can't say as I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But I do wonder why all the energy seems directed at Picsel and none at HP.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    ...but now, I wanted to put it on my Pre3 and cannot find it in the app catalog ...I shouldn't have to pay twice, eh? I understand there is a SmartOfficeP but this is not, to my knowledge, what I got, is it?
    perhaps my question is poorly constructed. I bought the SmartOffice app on my touchpad. Then, should it also be available to me to use on my Pre3 on the same HP/Palm account for no additional charge like some other apps I have purchased?
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I never said or meant that consumers should have to find a solution themselves. And I do think Picsel is responsible for the quality of the product and has a number of issues that need to be addressed.

    But for the red screen issue, it is HPs app store and HPs license framework and license server. And apparently also HPs live chat isn't working for many folks. So I do wonder why all the anger and consumer efforts seem directed only at Picsel. I can't recall in reading threads here, on twitter and facebook that none with the red screen issue seem to be going after HP.

    When I got overcharged for an app, the developer said it was HP that he did not control the charge or refund. So I went after HP and got a refund. I don't believe in my case that attacking the developer would have benefited me or the developer. Not exactly the same situation but some similarities, especially for those seeking refunds.

    I'm not saying Picsel couldn't communicate more. Maybe they could try harder with HP, I can't say as I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But I do wonder why all the energy seems directed at Picsel and none at HP.
    I'm sorry but I think differently : First Picsel is not the only one I tried to contact. But HP is difficult to join...or we must pay for phone. Secondly, Picsel has NEVER try to have a direct contact in order to understand the bug. If developpers are unable to purpose a fix, are they really developpers ?. I purpose we give them a copy of the payment so that they can give us a fix.. I can't believe Picsel's developpers are unable to produce a fix.
    And Picsel explain they can't give money back : they think we are stupid. HP gave to them a part of the money. So I'd like they gave me back this part..
    And why is SmartOffice the only Software with this license problem ? Probably because Picsel made the choice of license system. If HP had made such a choice, all software would be concerned.
    Last edited by cosmos1999; 12/04/2011 at 03:43 PM.
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    I'm sorry but I think differently : First Picsel is not the only one I tried to contact. But HP is difficult to join...or we must pay for phone.
    You and the others with the red screen issue may have tried to contact HP, I'm not sure. I'm just saying there isn't any evidence of it on the forums, facebook etc like there is for contacting Picsel. HP has phone and chat (both via web and touchpad help) support in many countries. They also have support forums and a facebook page which in a quick search of which showed no posts about Picsel Smart Office.


    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    Secondly, Picsel has NEVER try to have a direct contact in order to understand the bug. If developpers are unable to purpose a fix, are they really developpers ?. I purpose we give them a copy of the payment so that they can give us a fix.. I can't believe Picsel's developpers are unable to produce a fix.
    And Picsel explain they can't give money back : they think we are stupid. HP gave to them a part of the money. So I'd like they gave me back this part..
    And why is SmartOffice the only Software with this license problem ? Probably because Picsel made the choice of license system. If HP had made such a choice, all software would be concerned.
    Picsel has produced a fix, just not one that works for everyone. HPs licensing framework is apparently not something Picsel can completely control. While Picsel may not have contacted you directly at least they have communicated about the issue on facebook as well as the precentral forums, and made an effort to fix it, any evidence that HP has done so? While of course Picsel could give you money, I understand the position that the charge was via HPs app store which Picsel doesn't control so that should be where the refund comes from. Picsel obviously made the choice to use the license system. While I don't like such checks, I understand companies do it to prevent their products from being used without being paid. I don't understand what you mean by if HP had made such a choice that all software would be this way. HP created the license framework in WebOS, HP did not create all the software products in the app store, in fact HP created very few of these. So HP has supported license checks to the extent possible. While Smart Office is the only HP app store product which I'm aware of with the red screen issue, it's not the only product that verifies to be valid. Sports Live HD does as well and I'm sure there are others.
  13. #253  
    You know, I don't really want to debate this, we all have better use for our time. I wish you good luck finding a resolution. Just seems like HP should be called to task for their part of the issue and I'm not seeing evidence of that happening. Perhaps I'm wrong. Again, good luck.
  14. #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    @ktredshoes
    There's an \appdata\com.picsel.app.smartoffice folder on the USB drive that get's left behind if you delete smartoffice. Mine's empty, but it wouldn't hurt to try deleting that when you delete the program.
    I'm having the same issues as ktredshoes and I've tried the following...
    delete the app, reboot the TP, connect to USB and remove the folder suggested by johncc, reboot the TP, re-download the app...

    ... still getting the red screen with license issue text

    The only thing I can think now is to Doctor the device and see if its gets rid of that 'poison-pill'... if I get around to doing that I'll post my results.
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    not sure if you got this solved. I deleted and reinstalled the app, and first logged in to Google docs afterward (during my first install I had firstly logged in to Dropped). I can now access Google Docs.

    if you still have issues, maybe it can help

    cheers
    Thanks. I was prompted to investigate further and found that I was logged in online to another account on the TP. I logged off and then logged on and off online to the account that I wanted to use. When I loaded up SmartOffice again, I found that I was logged on and could access Google docs. Not sure exactly what the reason is, but I'm in!

    EDIT: Spoke too soon. Can't get back in after trying all of the above again.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/05/2011 at 05:44 PM.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    While Smart Office is the only HP app store product which I'm aware of with the red screen issue, it's not the only product that verifies to be valid. Sports Live HD does as well and I'm sure there are others.
    I agree with that. And that means SmartOffice has a specific license validation system or a specific bug. That's why I think Picsel is in part responsible.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    I agree with that. And that means SmartOffice has a specific license validation system or a specific bug. That's why I think Picsel is in part responsible.
    We agree, absolutely no question Picsel is partly responsible, just sounds like they can't solve it 100% without HP help.
  18. #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    You and the others with the red screen issue may have tried to contact HP, I'm not sure. I'm just saying there isn't any evidence of it on the forums, facebook etc like there is for contacting Picsel. HP has phone and chat (both via web and touchpad help) support in many countries. They also have support forums and a facebook page which in a quick search of which showed no posts about Picsel Smart Office.
    As I though you were right on the fact HP facebook page didn't show any post about Picsel SmartOffice, I let on HP Facebook page a comment and a screen copy of 1.8.4 version

    They answered to me : "You should notify the developer of this issue so they can help you troublesshoot. Thanks"

    Is that a joke ? HP and Picsel are ridiculous....
  19. #259  
    Piscel wasn't the only app with the licensing issue. There were some childrens books and at least one other app with the same issue. You had to launch connected to wifi or the app didn't work as it checked for license upon each launch.
  20. #260  
    From Picsel : "We have contacted HP about the situation, when the red screen issue was first discovered. We were told by HP that a fix for the licencing issue in the webOS licencing framework would be made by HP in their next webOS update. In the mean time, we spent a number of development hours investigating and implementing a work around. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for everyone, which we are aware of. Yes, we are in control of our application quality once the the application opens, but we do not have control over how HP have built and implemented their licencing framework. We dispute your claim that says we think our users are stupid. At no point did we say this or suggest it. Again, all i can do is repeat what has been said before. Regarding refunds, Picsel do not have control over the fulfilment process. Please contact HP to claim a refund."

    And now ? How many time we should wait about HP and WebOs update in order to use SmartOffice ?

Posting Permissions