Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by archifishal View Post
    Katie> Can you try visiting https://ps.palmws.com/ from your device to confirm that you can reach the license server? It's a long shot, but worth a try
    I can't also.
    It redirects me on HP FR | Mobile produits pour les consommateurs, les professionnels et les entreprises
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel UK View Post
    Picsel UK recently set out to positively engage the webOS community in two ways. Firstly, Picsel intended to take part in the Black Friday – Cyber Monday promotion, where SmartOffice price would have dropped by 50% over the holiday weekend. Picsel sent out a promotional email, as did HP, which included links to the App Catalog. After clicking on the link users saw the app at full price. Unfortunately, there were technical issues relating to the submission process on the App Catalog that meant the price of SmartOffice did not show as discounted. To reconcile this, Picsel has dropped the price of SmartOffice on the App Catalog. The 50% discount will be in place for the next few days.

Secondly, On Monday the 28th of November, SmartOffice version 1.8.4 was released to the HP App Catalog. Among a number of bug fixes, the release included a work around for the Red Screen issue, which has affected some users. The Red Screen issue is a symptom of the Touchpad not making an initial connection to HP’s server (ps.palmws.com), a bug in webOS. Picsel have worked hard to implement a fix for the Red Screen issue, which we have successfully tested. We acknowledge that whilst this will resolve the issue for the vast majority of users a full fix can only be implemented once HP release their next update to webOS. After downloading and installing SmartOffice v1.8.4, it is recommended that you reboot your Touchpad. On first launch of SmartOffice v1.8.4, you must have an active internet connection, as with many paid applications on the App Catalog SmartOffice must verify a license key with HP. After this action is completed, SmartOffice may be used offline.

Picsel would like to thank the webOS community for its support and patience over the last few weeks.
    But what is Picsel and/or HP going to do for those of us who bought SmartOffice thinking it was 4.99 but were charged 9.99? I'm expecting a refund of $5 (not just a merch credit).
    All functionality works for me... Including

Logged into dropbox
    Logged into Google Docs
    New document creation
    Recently opened document viewing (save 1 doc)
    Opened docs from Google Docs (save for 1 doc)
    File saving/editing etc...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Still no joy...BSOD..even with the update...tried deleting, then reboot, same problem
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    OK, well it proves that you can reach the license server at least (since it's redirecting you to the main website as you're not really an app). So I'm out of ideas now
    More and more users confirm red screen bug with no license activation. See it on Picsel wall on Facebook and see the Picsel's answer...that's now HP fault !!
    More and more users confirm red screen bug with no license activation. See it on Picsel wall on Facebook and see the Picsel's answer...that's now HP fault !!
    To be fair, Picsel has been saying for some time that it's HPs fault.
    Get a WiFi connection. Start SmartOffice. Close SmartOffice. Restart SmartOffice. Now you are good, until you reboot the TouchPad.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Get a WiFi connection. Start SmartOffice. Close SmartOffice. Restart SmartOffice. Now you are good, until you reboot the TouchPad.
    I have an active, working WiFi connection, and these instructions don't work for me.

Katie
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Please stop now with that solution. That does not work !!
    Doesn't work for me eaither. Guess we just wait till HP fixes it.
    ...but now, I wanted to put it on my Pre3 and cannot find it in the app catalog ...I shouldn't have to pay twice, eh? I understand there is a SmartOfficeP but this is not, to my knowledge, what I got, is it?
    I have not seen the red screen of death yet
    I was in area were there was no wife
    I was able to open word excell and PDF with np problems

maybe some people have change the setting of the touchpad so smart office does not open

how do you make smart office open all your PDFs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
    I have not seen the red screen of death yet
    I was in area were there was no wife
    I was able to open word excell and PDF with np problems

maybe some people have change the setting of the touchpad so smart office does not open

how do you make smart office open all your PDFs?
    There you go, get rid of the wife, that's the problem,
    Dogma and Stonerman33 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    There you go, get rid of the wife, that's the problem,
    I love the Auto correct ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
    I love the Auto correct ;-)
    OK, well it proves that you can reach the license server at least (since it's redirecting you to the main website as you're not really an app). So I'm out of ideas now
    Well, FWIW, when I tried, I was redirected to http://www.hpwebos.com/us/ so I guess I can reach the license server too. And here's another wrinkle: my son just bought Smartoffice tonight - we are on the same WiFi connection. Bet you can guess the result: yup, Smartoffice launched immediately after installation on his TouchPad. So it seems to me this is not an issue of the WiFi connection.

Katie
    I noticed that the details of the Pre version talks about it having the ability to copy to the system clipboard.

EDIT: Don't get your hopes up. Apparently the TP docs say the same thing.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/03/2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    Well, FWIW, when I tried, I was redirected to HP USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses so I guess I can reach the license server too. And here's another wrinkle: my son just bought Smartoffice tonight - we are on the same WiFi connection. Bet you can guess the result: yup, Smartoffice launched immediately after installation on his TouchPad. So it seems to me this is not an issue of the WiFi connection.

Katie
    Sounds like there Is a "poison pill" cached on your touchpad somehow. And when you remove smart office not everything is being removed. So when you reinstall that poison bit is still there. Perhaps what you need is a "remove with prejudice" but I'm not sure how you'd do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Sounds like there Is a "poison pill" cached on your touchpad somehow. And when you remove smart office not everything is being removed. So when you reinstall that poison bit is still there. Perhaps what you need is a "remove with prejudice" but I'm not sure how you'd do that.
    @ktredshoes
    There's an \appdata\com.picsel.app.smartoffice folder on the USB drive that get's left behind if you delete smartoffice. Mine's empty, but it wouldn't hurt to try deleting that when you delete the program.
    ktredshoes likes this.