Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
    Still no print button?
    Updated. No problem loading with or without WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Updated. No problem loading with or without WiFi.
    Were you able to do the same before the update? Has the update resolved the 'red screen' issue for anyone who had the issue prior to the update?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
    I just updated, and the only change is just what Cosmos reports - a red screen with a message saying license not verified, connect to network and try again. But again, I AM connected to a working WiFi network...as for commonalities, I have no idea. I'm in the U.S., and bought from the U.S. app catalog.

Katie
    I'm in France and bought from the FRANCE App Catalog. Katie and me still have the same problem with SmartOffice...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    For those who are having problems - have you tried connecting with various different wifi networks to see if it makes any odds to the licence issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by archifishal View Post
    For those who are having problems - have you tried connecting with various different wifi networks to see if it makes any odds to the licence issue?
    Also may be a dumb thought,, but, make sure to uninstall and reinstall just to make sure.. that is if you are having issues.
    Have you tried launching it from the app catalog?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    From Picsel facebook page, actually a couple of messages combined:
    Quote Originally Posted by Picsel
    We submitted an update to HP last week, which was published yesterday. I must emphasise that the red screen issue is caused by a bug on webOS. The 1.8.4 update is a workaround which solves the red screen issue. The issue stems from a bug in the webOS licensing framework. Please reboot your device and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    From Picsel facebook page, actually a couple of messages combined:
    From Picsel facebook page:
    Originally Posted by Picsel
    We submitted an update to HP last week, which was published yesterday. I must emphasise that the red screen issue is caused by a bug on webOS. The update released yesterday provides a workaround by Picsel which fixes the issue. Please restart your device after installation.

--> RESTARTING DON'T SOLVE THE ISSUE.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Also may be a dumb thought,, but, make sure to uninstall and reinstall just to make sure.. that is if you are having issues.
    No, I have not tried with another wi-fi and internet connection (I didn't find a free hot-spot yet). But the question is : will the software control the license each time I will connect. If the response is "yes", it's not a solution because I want to use it at home...
    Picsel says : "The issue stems from a bug in the webOS licensing framework. Please reboot your device and try again"

Is that a new information ? That means problem comes from HP ?
    How can we download the update (the connection runs) and a few seconds later be unable to communicate with license server (the same connection doesn't run) ??
    That means we are unable to upload license informations ? Shall we open a port ? Wich one ?
    I have removed and reinstalled - didn't help. Tried a different WiFi network - didn't help. Tried Luna restart - didn't help. Tried full restart - didn't help. Tried launching from the app catalog - didn't help. Tried Picsel's suggestion of launching, throwing away the card, launching again - lather, rinse, repeat. Didn't help.

Katie
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos1999 View Post
    Picsel says : "The issue stems from a bug in the webOS licensing framework. Please reboot your device and try again"

Is that a new information ? That means problem comes from HP?
    Picsel has stated multiple times that this is an HP issue. I don't really know, just repeating what has been said. I'm honestly not 100% sure what a bug in the licensing framework means, could it be a network problem or more to it than that. Have you opened a case with HP? That might be the way to go if not.

*Update - Just bought Smart Office and no red screen for me, even with wireless after disabling wireless and rebooting leaving wireless off. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Still no print button?
    I don't see one, seems like awfully basic functionality to leave out, Our iPad version has a print button on the file menu that is thus far missing from the touchpad version.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Have done a bit of tcpdump'ing of the output of when Smart Office starts, and it appears to try and connect to https://ps.palmws.com/ (or somewhere on that server) to authenticate the licence. So you could try manually going there in your web browser on your device just to confirm that the server is actually reachable via your wifi network.
    just download, and my forms in except and word work !
    this great
    no red screw oops screen lol
    Last edited by Airbalancerguy; 11/29/2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Downloaded but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    just bought the app for 4.99$ ... Black Friday, I mean Tuesday, promo is now available ;-)
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    Have done a bit of tcpdump'ing of the output of when Smart Office starts, and it appears to try and connect to https://ps.palmws.com/ (or somewhere on that server) to authenticate the licence. So you could try manually going there in your web browser on your device just to confirm that the server is actually reachable via your wifi network.
    Couldn't test it before since I didn't yet have smart office, But looking now with version 1.8.4, I initially saw no connections when starting it. So I deleted the app and reloaded. When first run, I saw two https (port 443) outbound connections originating from ephemeral high ports 43198 and 57547 to ps.palmws.com (205.140.203.22), so same thing you're seeing. From another post I saw, this is probably being opened by the LunaSysMgr process. If I try opening that from my browser by name or IP address I get a redirect to http://www.hpwebos.com . You could do a "telnet 205.140.203.22 443" to see if it connects. You'll only get a blank screen if it connects but at lets that verifies connectivity, would need to do something like connect with openssl to verify it further. A traceroute is probably simpler and would verify the ICMP path although not that port 443 is connecting.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I can't get Smart Office to log into my Google Docs. After I hit link, it comes up with a black screen with "Google Docs [logged out]". Then after about a second, it goes back to the sign in page. I know I am using the correct email/password.
    The latest update fixed the red screen issue for me, but I still can't log on to Google Docs. Is possible that it doesn't like one of the special characters I use in my password? I haven't tried changing my password yet to test this theory.
    has anyone found a way to select/copy within a document? Paste works, but then I can't select the text to cut/paste/move, etc.