Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Was just notified of an update to Splashtop 1.0.5 this morning.

UPDATE: This is what the 1.0.5 update fixes apparently according to Victor from Splashtop:

Hi All,

We recently released version 1.0.5 to improve scrolling and the security code issue mentioned above. Thanks for your feedback and patience!

- Improved scrolling gesture.
    - Resolved the issue of some Security Code combinations cannot connect to Splashtop Streamer.
    - Resolved the issue of customized Port number cannot be saved.
    - Support connection to Splashtop Streamer using domain name address.

For issues with WebOS 3.0.4, a work around is to change the audio settings to 16 bit, 48000Hz. We are investigating the new issue with 3.0.4.

I hope the port issue is indeed fixed. Will try some testing after work. Hope others post their experiences here first though in the meantime.

Post Update and Initial Impressions:

- Works fine with the webOS 3.0.4 update. There is no update to the Streamer application though so 1.6.0.1 is still the latest version for the Streamer software.
    - Well there is a definite improvement to the speed and responsiveness of the application. In fact, it's definitely usable now and I am impressed.
    - Two finger scrolling works quite well. Just remember to click on the scroll bar in your browser first. Keep your fingers about 1" to 1.5" apart and it should work.
    - Pinch to zoom doesn't immediately kick in either now if you screw up. It still zooms quite well though if wanting to zoom which is nice.
    - It seems to me that the keyboard has had some tweaks to it. For one, accessing the keyboard is now in the lower right hand corner in a semi-circle with a keyboard icon on it. It's transparent. The cursor keys are bigger now I think...pretty sure they are. The entire row is taller and the keys much easier to target. This is all good stuff.
    - I have only connected to one machine thus far on my LAN and not tried to connect outside my house yet. I will have to try and connect to my other machine to see if indeed the port issue has been solved. I will update this post when I get some time to test.
    - Had one session drop though...hmmm. Will have to watch for that.

Thus far I am happy with the improvements. I will have to check some more and will add more to this post soon.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 10/30/2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added release notes on fix
    There are some reporting to have issues getting Splashtop to work after the 3.04 WebOS update. My guess 1.0.5 might address that.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I'm hopeful they are getting closer to Google account integration and interfacing for finding remote systems using Google's API. I guess this would similar to LogMeIn, but without needing to login to LogMeIn's Portal to find your system. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have noticed that scrolling feels smoother where as before it was more of a hit and miss type of deal.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I think this is a great update. The issues I was having with two finger scroll are now virtually gone. Although I still feel the lag when you scroll - e.g. from the moment you use your two fingers to scroll, it takes half a second for it to actually happen when you see it on the screen - the same with pinch to zoom. However, the scrolling + pinch to zoom is still smooth though -- it just takes a while to do it. It's actually not a biggy but I hope It will be fixed in the future.

Thanks Splashtop for the update!
    Last edited by keplenk; 10/24/2011 at 02:03 PM.
    Just updated. Connection problems are worse than before. Still can't multitask. Disappointed because I spent so much on alpha software.

Definitely improved 2 finger scrolling. No more accidental zoom in/out when attempting scroll. Can be a bit laggy though.
    Was going to get this today, upped the price to $9.99 with this new update
    Its worth 9.99, honestly. This app changed the way I use my touchpad. I use it multiple times a day and it streams audio and video really well. It is the only way I am able to watch NHL Gamecenter on my Touchpad (it plays in the browser, but poorly), Netflix and Slingbox.
    I downloaded the update... I don't know if I just didn't notice this before, but it seems that it now reduces the display to "full screen" as opposed to "wide screen". DId it always do that, or is this an artifact of either the new OS or Splashtop update? Is there a setting I can adjust?
    Still can't get it to authenticate using my gmail. bummer.
    I Can't quite understand the hype about "GREAT connectivity when I'm on the same network"..If I'm on the same network, i would WALK OVER to my PC and work instead of conencting my TP to my PC. I need this to work when I'm away from home. the thing wont authenticate my gmail account. what a bummer.
    I too cannot get it to authenticate using my gmail. Without that feature working, I find the app useless.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    It works fine for me remotely or locally.

As to walking to my PC - my house is quite large and it's quicker for me to use ST from the lounge for a quick query or set up something than hoofing it all the way to my study.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by ksht View Post
    Still can't get it to authenticate using my gmail. bummer.
    I Can't quite understand the hype about "GREAT connectivity when I'm on the same network"..If I'm on the same network, i would WALK OVER to my PC and work instead of conencting my TP to my PC. I need this to work when I'm away from home. the thing wont authenticate my gmail account. what a bummer.
    what about having a vpn setup? then its kinda forced to play ball over what it would consider to be a local net.
    ST Is slower for me post updates (webOS and ST), and 2 finger scrolling is much, much worse; most of the time, there is a long delay, or it zooms the screen in.
    Since the update it seemed that the scrolling vs zooming had improved somewhat .

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Since the update it seemed that the scrolling vs zooming had improved somewhat .

agreed
    It maybe me, but I can not connect to Windows8 machine anymore. I use to with no problem but after the new update of splashtop, it find the windows8, it connects but then it drops the conection very quickly and says "can not connect to your computer"
    If someone else can try that, but if the upgrade blocks connecting to a windows8 PC and nothing is been say about it, is no no no good!
    There's a new streamer application on the website now that fixes the conflicts with Win7 64bit. It seems to connect faster as well. I've found Splashtop to be an incredibly useful app - well worth the price - and the continuing updates are very encouraging.
    wow, I wonder why this update is not being pushed out to users. I had to run the update app to get it. I am on the road, and I would have appreciated a notification of this update.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast