Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kalel33
  1.    #1  
    So I have been looking all over the place trying to get the touchpad to tether with my LG revolution without getting raped by Verizon. Any one has been able to figure this out yet?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    If the carrier is blocking it then there's not much you can do. I have T-mobile and can tether my Mytouch flawlessly. The only option would be to root your phone, run a custom ROM, and use a third party tethering app.
    BAbnkr likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Well I have pdanet which allows me to tether via Bluetooth but that's not working. Not with the touchpad anyways. Works with other items around the house

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    jeez...maybe I read too little on that link but seems like you have to make your webOS touchpad dual boot to android(which why someone would do that on such a nice OS already) and then after that load the tether program just to set up a wifi hotspot from your android phone?? Id just get a HP/Palm Device and run either "Mytether" app or the "freetether" app available thru homebrew.
    Why Im posting here also was that im having a similar issue with a android phone(namely the HTC droid incredible2) where i cant find a tether application in the droid market place that works without rooting since right now if you have this new htc droid incredible2 model . the update to the system(2.3.4) has disabled rooting and prevents third party applications like freetether from working
    any suggestions would help
    EasyTether works on non-rooted devices. If your carrier has blocked it on google Market, you can get it at Amazon's Android App Store.