1. i3
    Hey all,
    unable to add a card to webos account. it is a uk visa debit card. it is my friends card, as dont havr my own one. it keeps saying unable to add card, the eroor is PMT04025 or something like that.
    any ideas anyone...?
    thanks
    I know that another Australian user reported problems with a Visa debit card, although that is what I use successfully.
    I once got an error because I put in the wrong billing address. Have you correctly put in your information?
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    Hey all,
    unable to add a card to webos account. it is a uk visa debit card. it is my friends card, as dont havr my own one. it keeps saying unable to add card, the eroor is PMT04025 or something like that.
    any ideas anyone...?
    thanks
    Are you using UK app catalog or US (or other)?

First step, card has to be same country as app cat.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. i3
    im trying to use a UK card in UK app catalog.
    Then I would go with what John said, in the thread he is talking about the OP had confirmed at least 2 Australian debit cards as not working.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7. i3
    i have tried registering three different cards. all three of them were UK cards, visa debit cards. in the app catalog, when registering a card it says credit card, and then it offers me the choice of visa or mastercard.
    is there any other way of buying apps?
  8. i3
    please someone assist here. i want to get auctionmate pro and the forums app.
    You will either need to find a debit card that works (seems this varies by country), or get a credit card that will work.
  10. i3
    what exactly do you mean by a debit card that works?
    well as was posted above, you are not the only individual that has had certain debit cards from specific banks not work. From the other thread mentioned above, the only possible scenario that was found is that the banks in question wouldn't process a "$0 charge" when HP is trying to verify the card as valid. Where as other banks were able to process these charges to verify the debit card as valid.

This does not appear to be an issue with credit cards (at least from the research done in the other thread).
  12. i3
    done!
    I managed to register using a mastercard, however on the first few attempts it gave the same error; then I entered a phone number in the requested input box, rather than just putting a "0" as I was on all other attempts.
    thanks for the assistance.
    well chuffed!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Glad it finally worked, sorry I couldn't be of more specific help, since this I only know of the 2 threads discussing this issue.