Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I need help and I'm sorry if this is a bit long. I used HandyShopper for many years, even in Classic, and now use ShoppingManager.

I now need a way to share grocery/shopping lists across platform. We tried some on-line lists but the signal can be bad someplaces. If we create a list one place, it can be emailed to another but that doesn't allow easy editing or checking.

We have a TP, Pre+, Pre3, Android, and Windows PCs (and a bunch of older stuff still lying around). At stores we have Pres or Android in hand, so those are the real concern.

Thanks for at least reading this.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Have you tried Remember the Milk? It is available on a lot of platforms. Don't think they have a webOS client but maybe it works well enough through the browser. I haven't tried it myself, still using HandyShopper on my Treo Pro.

Remember The Milk: Online to-do list and task management
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Thanks. We had looked into it.

I really didn't like RTM. It is designed for task lists not shopping lists. The Android app is an outlandish $25 and I have already run into problems with web lists because of signal problems some places. We need to be able to download or sync and then use it offline.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    $25? Ouch, that's ridiculous. My only other idea is to rig something up using Tasks on an Exchange server or Windows Live. You should be able to sync that to just about any device in your list, I think. Whether it has enough functionality for what you have in mind would be the question.
    How about one google account set up for the group, so everyone can log in and use google docs to edit.
    I also miss Handy Shopper on my TX. That and a couple of other programs are the reason I carry both the webOS phone and the TX daily.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrixieDoDah View Post
    I also miss Handy Shopper on my TX. That and a couple of other programs are the reason I carry both the webOS phone and the TX daily.
    You should try ShoppingManager. It's a pretty close replacement and transferring the database mostly works. I had trouble with some of the extra data but the main list transfered fine.
    I have managed to find replacements for almost all of my TX stuff. What I couldn't replace I run in Classic. The whole point of the WebOS phone was to only carry one thing. It took awhile but my TX now safely sits on a self, just incase I want/need it again.

Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks. I thought that Classic wasn't available any more? I'll look at Shopping Manager. I wish the transition from the TX to webOS was as simple as it should have been. But, the search for solutions continues. Thanks again.