Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DGT89
  1.    #1  
    I've got an IP cam that I'm trying to connect to with my Touchpad. The default browser brings up the camera home page, but touches don't register as clicks, and I can't get the page to do anything.

I don't mind upgrading the browser if it'll help, but it would be great if someone could tell me if alternate browsers will connect.

Likewise, if there's an IP cam viewing app like there is for Android or iPhone, that would be good.

My camera's not online publicly, but here are a couple, courtesy of the Y-Cam website. You can go directly to their website if you don't like clicking on wonky-looking URLs!

The live camera demo site (many of the cams are offline):
    Demo Cameras | Y-cam Solutions Wireless Home Security Cameras

These are online when I checked just now, though it may be night where they are:

Marina Car Park - Penryn, UK
    http://mrxltd.dtdns.net:8151/
    Username : guest
    Password : guest

Playing Field, Denmark
    http://ycamdenmark1.no-ip.net:8155/en/login.asp
    Authentication disabled

Pig Sty, UK school (nicely lit at night)
    Login
    Username : guest
    Password : guest

Any suggestions or help is appreciated!
    I would like to know how also

sent from my thunderbolt
    I have one also. Would be interested.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    I have one also. Would be interested.
    Here's a thread related to IP cam apps:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...amera-app.html

What I need is to know why the TP browser won't work the controls on the webpages accessing y-cam type cameras.

I suppose I should post it as a different question...
    From what i've read the hp touchpad is going to be discontinued you may need to look at a web based alternative to view the ip camera. I configured webcamxp to work with my wf-100pcx and I can view it on my touchpad without any problems. Hope this helps Configure your WiFi IP Camera with webcamXP
    Quote Originally Posted by latish67 View Post
    From what i've read the hp touchpad is going to be discontinued you may need to look at a web based alternative to view the ip camera. I configured webcamxp to work with my wf-100pcx and I can view it on my touchpad without any problems. Hope this helps Configure your WiFi IP Camera with webcamXP
    I can view and configure my Y-cam S Knight without any issues on my touchpad. What I did was create a local web page (you need to install a preware patch to allow a local html page to be opened in the default browser) which included the URLs for the viewing the standard rtsp streams (these open in default touchpad video player) and also a URL to the configuration settings page.

When the local web page is open in the browser you can then choose to add it to the launcher and therefore never need to worry about the typing the URL for the local web page again.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.