Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just a general fyi, I was browsing the new apps for the touchpad in the catalog tonight and I saw a RDP client. It seems like its brand new because there weren't any reviews yet, but its only 99 cents so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I must say, after a quick first impression I'm quite impressed! Its working perfectly with my WHS machine...quite a bit better then splashtop was truthfully. I just simply typed in my server IP and it took me right to the login screen.

I couldn't' figure out how to get the virtual keyboard up at first which I was a bit concerned about, so I had to connect my BT keyboard, but once I did that it logged right in and took me right to the server screen. It seems much much snapier then splashtop, everything seemed much more responsive and I didn't notice any sort of lag.

Next I went back to the app catalog to see if I missed something, and sure enough I did... To bring up the virtual keyboard you have to tap the screen with 3 fingers. After going back and trying it, it worked like a charm....

I'm not saying its a perfect app...but I gotta say its a welcome start, and pretty impressive so far. Plus for 99 cents its hard to beat.

If you've been waiting for a RDP app I recommend giving it a shot... The interface on the one thecube is working on looks a bit nicer... So I'd certainly still wanna check out his still. But I think this one shows a lot of promise.
    I agree, a much needed app and a good first start.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    And what's the name of this app?

If I'm searching for "Remote Desktop" Splashtop will be shown on the top of the list, all other apps are not related to RDP. Searching for "RDP" gives no result.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    And what's the name of this app?

If I'm searching for "Remote Desktop" Splashtop will be shown on the top of the list, all other apps are not related to RDP. Searching for "RDP" gives no result.
    I found it by clicking the New button, then scrolling through the apps new for today, its called "Remote Desktop Client".

I just downloaded it, what do I put for the RDP server?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I have just been looking again - w/o success. Maybe this app is not listed in the German App Catalog.

The RDP server should be the IP of the windows machine you'd like to connect to (assuming this application is speaking the RDP protocol and not is only named so).
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    feels liked I'm being dumb. I enabled remote connections on my netbook - running win 7 pro. I put the machine name into the rdp client and get an error "name or service unknown.

seems like this should just work. Did I miss a step?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I cannot connect with the machine IP address or the machine name.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    yeah meant to say I tried ip too, e.g.

192.160.1 {enter}
  9. cb7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aware View Post
    yeah meant to say I tried ip too, e.g.

192.160.1 {enter}
    You are missing a number, unless it is a typo.
    IP addresses are in this format, 192.168.1.1, so yours would be something like 192.160.1.X
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    sorry, that was a typo.
    I was able to connect to an XP machine, and a Win Home server. But couldn't connect to a Win7 pro 64bit computer.

And I couldn't bring up the virtual keyboard. But I also have the HP keyboard so that came in handy. Once connected, it works just like any other RDP client. It's nice to have another tool.
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    after a bunch of tries , it eventually just worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    I was able to connect to an XP machine, and a Win Home server. But couldn't connect to a Win7 pro 64bit computer.

And I couldn't bring up the virtual keyboard. But I also have the HP keyboard so that came in handy. Once connected, it works just like any other RDP client. It's nice to have another tool.

The TouchPad RDP client may not support Network Level Authentication, which is used in Windows 7 RDP v7.0. Try changing the Remote Desktop system properties settings in Windows 7 to allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilson View Post
    The TouchPad RDP client may not support Network Level Authentication, which is used in Windows 7 RDP v7.0. Try changing the Remote Desktop system properties settings in Windows 7 to allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop.
    I too have a Windows 7 64 bit machine, changing to allow connection from any remote desktop did not work.

Is the dev reading this? I hope the dev can correct these issues.
    I downloaded the app Today and it works awesome. I was able to connect to our Win2k3 server cluster and work some service issues. Had no problems navigating running SQL queries, anything. Good stuff.
    testing this now
    I was able to connect to my home server (2k8) and my work servers over VPN

very happy with it for .99
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Could connect to our Windows 2003 server without any issues.
    works good for me so far... one tip: change your on-screen keyboard size to small, else you may not be able to see the username/password boxes. you have to click into the boxes AFTER bringing up the keyboard.

I'm actually starting to regret buying splashtop... yes, it has different uses than this, and is no doubt better for some purposes, but for most of what I do RDP is a better fit.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I found it by clicking the New button, then scrolling through the apps new for today, its called "Remote Desktop Client".

I just downloaded it, what do I put for the RDP server?
    I still can't find this app in my (German) app catalog - maybe it's available in the US catalog only?

Can someone ask the developer to show this app in other countries' app catalog, too - or at least post some contact information here, so I'll be able to contact him.

Or is there a way for searching the app catalog in a web browser?

Thanks,
    Gerald
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    not available in Uk catalog
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast